Outdoor Activities ...
As we travel, we like to pursue some of our interests (such as astronomy and bird watching).
When in Dugas, we use the following websites to find information relevant to Dugas and the surrounding area.
- Astronomy & Satellites ...
- Whether using binoculars, a small telescope or the naked-eye, the Heavens-Above
website can help you to find your way around the night-time sky. In addition to detailed
sky charts, their website will help you find planets, asteriods, comets, satellites and their tracks across the sky.
- To give accurate results, Heavens-Above requires the latitude and longitude of your location. As a starting point, when we link to Heavens-Above,
we pass this GPS location for Dugas:
- 34.361973, -111.978487
- Once you're on the Heavens-Above website, you can improve its accuracy by giving a more precise longitude and latitude as your actual position.
- The Heavens-Above Website, centered on Dugas
- Waymarking ...
- Looking for somewhere out of the ordinary? Find a unique place and want to share it with others? Then it's time to visit Waymarking.com:
Communities Also Named Dugas ...
We have found two communities that share the name Dugas.
Within Arizona, the name Dugas is unique.
Beyond Arizona, we know of another two communities that are located throughout in Canada.
- Communities Elsewhere In North America ...
- We haven't found the location of this community yet.
- New Brunswick
- This Dugas lies 2,564 miles [4,126.4 km]<1> to the northeast of the Dugas that is located in Yavapai County.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Dugas
Curious and Interesting Names Near Dugas ...
As we travel, we always see a community with a name that gives pause. While there are names which are interesting or familiar, some catch our attention or strike our fancy. We always wonder about such a name. If time permits and the community is not too far, we'll usually try to make a side-trip.
- Arnold Place [Yavapai County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Arnold Place
- Arnold Place [Yavapai County] lies 7 miles [11.3 km]<1> to the northeast of Dugas
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Arnold Place have been provided by the GNIS.<2> The coordinates still need to be verified.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Arnold Place
- Bumble Bee [Yavapai County]
- Cherry [Yavapai County]
- Clear Creek [Yavapai County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Clear Creek
- Clear Creek [Yavapai County] lies 14 miles [22.5 km]<1> to the northeast of Dugas
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Clear Creek have been provided by the GNIS.<2> The coordinates still need to be verified.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Clear Creek
- Continue List (6 more) ...
- Dewey [Yavapai County]
- Dewey - Humboldt [Yavapai County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Dewey - Humboldt
- Dewey - Humboldt [Yavapai County] lies 18 miles [29 km]<1> to the northwest of Dugas
- Estimated population in 2015: 3,988 people
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Dewey - Humboldt
- Flower Pot [Yavapai County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Flower Pot
- Flower Pot [Yavapai County] lies 9 miles [14.5 km]<1> to the north of Dugas
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Flower Pot have been provided by the GNIS.<2> The coordinates still need to be verified.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Flower Pot
- Humboldt [Yavapai County]
- Poland Junction [Yavapai County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Poland Junction
- Poland Junction [Yavapai County] lies 17 miles [27.4 km]<1> to the west of Dugas
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Poland Junction
- Spring Valley [Yavapai County]
Notable Births & Deaths ...
This is a new section for us and we are still collecting data.
Below is our list of notable people who were born, died or were buried in the area surrounding Dugas. Please note that while we are collecting data on an ongoing basis, it's a big task and it's unlikely that our list will ever be more than a sample.
- View Our List ...
- John Sidney McCain, III (Politician, naval officer, prisoner of war)
- Politician, naval officer, prisoner of war. He was born in Coco Solo (Panama Canal Zone) on Saturday August 29, 1936 and died in Cornville (Arizona) on Saturday August 25, 2018 at the age of 82. He is buried at United States Naval Academy Cemetery (Anne Arundel County, Maryland).
- Cornville is located 24 miles [38.6 km] to the north of Dugas.
- Find-A-Grave Memorial: John Sidney McCain, III<4>
How Far From Dugas to ...
We spend a lot of time looking through Gazetteers & Almanacs that were published in the late 1800's and early 1900's. Many of the Gazetteers include the distance from a community such as Dugas to various places of note, such as the White House.
With a nod to our favorite Gazetteers, the straight-line distance beginning in Dugas and extending to:
- View Our List ...
- Prescott, which is the Seat of Yavapai County and lies 30 miles [48.3 km]<1> to the west northwest. If you could walk a straight line from Dugas to Prescott, with an average speed<5> of 2.2 miles [3.5 km] per hour, it would take most of two days to make the trip. A horse and buggy averaging 3.2 miles [5.1 km] per hour would take just over a day.
- Phoenix, which is the State Capital of Arizona, lies 63 miles [101.4 km] to the south (S). Driving, with an average speed of 63 miles [101.4 km] per hour, would take less than an hour, a buggy would take about three full days and walking would take most of three days.
- The White House (Washington, DC) is 1,949 miles [3,136.6 km] to the east northeast (ENE). Driving would take three full days, a buggy would take 77 days and walking would take 111 days.
- The shortest distance<6> to Jerusalem (specifically the Temple Mount and the Dome of the Rock) is 7,389 miles [11,891.4 km] and it lies to the north northeast (NNE).<7>
- The distance to the Great Mosque of Mecca (specifically the Ka'bah - or Kaaba ) is 8,155 miles [13,124.2 km] and it lies to the north northeast (NNE).<8>
- The distance to Saint Peter's Basilica (The Vatican) is 6,097 miles [9,812.2 km] and it lies to the northeast (NE).<9>
Other Roadside Stops ...
Search for a Community in Arizona
About Yavapai County
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Dugas. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for Yavapai County: www.co.yavapai.az.us/
The official website for State of Arizona: https://az.gov/
|<1>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'point-to-point' distance. A straight line distance ignores things like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line drawn from Point A (ie- Dugas) to Point B.|
Our distance measurements begin at a specific point in Dugas. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 34.3620, Longitude: -111.9785 In this case, the coordinates for Dugas have been provided by the Geographic Names Information System (GNIS).
|<2>||The location has been supplied by the Geographic Names Information System - which is maintained by the U.S. Geological Survey (USGS). While these values should be definitive, we have found that accuracy can vary and you should double-check the location if accuracy is required.|
|<3>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|
|<4>||The Find-a-Grave website is an excellent research tool with information about a cemetery's location and interments. They also offer a forum for their members which can provide additional help. More information about Find-a-Grave can be found on their website: findagrave.com.|
|<5>||While we have tried to pick reasonable speeds, the rate of travel is very theoretical - obstacles like fences, hills, lakes, river crossings and rest stops have been ignored. When we say 'Days' of travel, we're assuming 8 hours of travel per day.|
|<6>||The shortest line can be visualized by stretching a string on a Globe from Point A to Point B - this is known as a Great Circle Route. Where you might expect the shortest route from Dugas to the Middle East to be East and South, the Great Circle Route actually lies to the North and East.|
|<7>||The calculated bearing (or angle) to Jerusalem is 331.222 degrees.|
|<8>||The calculated bearing (or angle) to Mecca is 330.09 degrees.|
|<9>||The calculated bearing (or angle) to the Vatican is 322.11 degrees.||