Outdoor Activities ...
As we travel, we like to pursue some of our interests (such as astronomy and bird watching).
When in Cullen's Well, we use the following websites to find information relevant to Cullen's Well and the surrounding area.
- Astronomy & Satellites ...
- Whether using binoculars, a small telescope or the naked-eye, the Heavens-Above
website can help you to find your way around the night-time sky. In addition to detailed
sky charts, their website will help you find planets, asteriods, comets, satellites and their tracks across the sky.
- To give accurate results, Heavens-Above requires the latitude and longitude of your location. As a starting point, when we link to Heavens-Above,
we pass this GPS location for Cullen's Well:
- 33.915025, -113.405215
- Once you're on the Heavens-Above website, you can improve its accuracy by giving a more precise longitude and latitude as your actual position.
- The Heavens-Above Website, centered on Cullen's Well
- Waymarking ...
- Looking for somewhere out of the ordinary? Find a unique place and want to share it with others? Then it's time to visit Waymarking.com:
Curious and Interesting Names Near Cullen's Well ...
As we travel, we always see a community with a name that gives pause. While there are names which are interesting or familiar, some catch our attention or strike our fancy. We always wonder about such a name. If time permits and the community is not too far, we'll usually try to make a side-trip.
- Bush Pit [La Paz County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Bush Pit
- Bush Pit [La Paz County] lies 23 miles [37 km]<1> to the southwest of Cullen's Well
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Bush Pit have been provided by the GNIS.<2> The coordinates still need to be verified.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Bush Pit
- Centennial [La Paz County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Centennial
- Centennial [La Paz County] lies 24 miles [38.6 km]<1> to the south of Cullen's Well
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Centennial have been provided by the GNIS.<2> The coordinates still need to be verified.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Centennial
- Congress [Yavapai County]
- Desert Wells [La Paz County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Desert Wells
- Desert Wells [La Paz County] lies 27 miles [43.5 km]<1> to the southwest of Cullen's Well
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Desert Wells have been provided by the GNIS.<2> The coordinates still need to be verified.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Desert Wells
- Hope [La Paz County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Hope
- Hope [La Paz County] lies 21 miles [33.8 km]<1> to the southwest of Cullen's Well
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Hope have been provided by the GNIS.<2> The coordinates still need to be verified.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Hope
- Love [La Paz County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Love
- Love [La Paz County] lies 5 miles [8 km]<1> to the southwest of Cullen's Well
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Love have been provided by the GNIS.<2> The coordinates still need to be verified.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Love
How Far From Cullen's Well to ...
We spend a lot of time looking through Gazetteers, Almanacs & Directories that were published in the late 1800's and early 1900's. Many of the Gazetteers include the distance from a community such as Cullen's Well to various places of note, such as the White House.
With a nod to our favorite Gazetteers and using the location of where the historic<4> community of Cullen's Well once stood, the straight-line distance beginning in Cullen's Well and extending to:
- View Our List ...
- Phoenix, which is the Seat of Maricopa County and lies 82 miles [132 km]<1> to the east southeast. If you could drive a straight line from Cullen's Well to Phoenix, with an average speed<5>of 63 miles [101.4 km] per hour, it would take less than two hours to make the trip. A comfortable walk of 2.2 miles [3.5 km] per hour would take 5 days. A horse and buggy averaging 3.2 miles [5.1 km] per hour would take most of three days.
- Phoenix, which is the State Capital of Arizona, lies 82 miles [132 km] to the east southeast (ESE). Driving would take less than two hours, a buggy would take most of three days and walking would take 5 days.
- The White House (Washington, DC) is 2,036 miles [3,276.6 km] to the east northeast (ENE). Driving would take 4 days, a buggy would take 80 days and walking would take 116 days.
- The shortest distance<6> to Jerusalem (specifically the Temple Mount and the Dome of the Rock) is 7,455 miles [11,997.7 km] and it lies to the north northeast (NNE).<7>
- The distance to the Great Mosque of Mecca (specifically the Ka'bah - or Kaaba ) is 8,222 miles [13,232 km] and it lies to the north northeast (NNE).<8>
- The distance to Saint Peter's Basilica (The Vatican) is 6,171 miles [9,931.3 km] and it lies to the northeast (NE).<9>
Other Roadside Stops ...
Search for a Community in Arizona
About Maricopa County
Off-the-Road Links ...
The official website for Maricopa County: www.maricopa.gov/
The official website for State of Arizona: https://az.gov/
|<1>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' (or point-to-point) distance. A straight line distance ignores things like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line drawn from Point A (ie- Cullen's Well) to Point B.|
If you need the driving distance (or directions), we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Cullen's Well. Since we usually use Google Maps for our own planning, we've provided the following link for your convenience: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from Cullen's Well
Our distance measurements begin at a specific point in Cullen's Well. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 33.9150, Longitude: -113.4052
|<2>||The location has been supplied by the Geographic Names Information System - which is maintained by the U.S. Geological Survey (USGS). While these values should be definitive, we have found that accuracy can vary and you should double-check the location if accuracy is required.|
|<3>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|
|<4>||We use the term 'Historic' broadly and it generally means that the community no longer exists. However, it can also mean that the community might still exist, but was significantly larger or had a more 'official' existence in the past than it does now. Unfortunately our sources of data have proven to be unreliable. If you can provide us with more specific information about Cullen's Well, please let us know so that we can improve our accuracy.|
|<5>||While we have tried to pick reasonable speeds, the rate of travel is very theoretical - obstacles like fences, hills, lakes, river crossings and rest stops have been ignored. When we say 'Days' of travel, we're assuming 8 hours of travel per day.|
|<6>||The shortest line can be visualized by stretching a string on a Globe from Point A to Point B - this is known as a Great Circle Route. Where you might expect the shortest route from Cullen's Well to the Middle East to be East and South, the Great Circle Route actually lies to the North and East.|
|<7>||The calculated bearing (or angle) to Jerusalem is 332.284 degrees.|
|<8>||The calculated bearing (or angle) to Mecca is 331.333 degrees.|
|<9>||The calculated bearing (or angle) to the Vatican is 322.897 degrees.||