Welcome to Clemenceau ...
So far, we have found very little information about Clemenceau. The little that we've found leads us believe that the community is historic.<1>
We've added Clemenceau to our Gazetteer with the hope that we can develop more information. If you can help us with Clemenceau, please Contact Us.
Clemenceau would have been located within present day Yavapai County<2>.
The location of Clemenceau has been provided by the Geographic Names Information System (ie- the GNIS).<3>
While the community is gone, the present day location for Clemenceau is 3,470 feet [1,058 m] above sea level.<4> In other words, the altitude of Clemenceau is about ¾ mile [or ~1 km] above sea level.
Time Zone: The area where Clemenceau was located is in the Mountain Standard Time Zone (MST) and does not observe daylight saving time
The location where Clemenceau once stood is in the (928) area code.
Communities Also Named Clemenceau ...
Using our Gazetteer, we have found another community named Clemenceau - it's located in Saskatchewan.
For more information, see our Tidbits & Trivia Page for Clemenceau.
Communities near Clemenceau ...
We have created a list of 10 communities that are near Clemenceau.
- Prescott Valley [Yavapai County]
- Camp Verde [Yavapai County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Camp Verde
- Camp Verde [Yavapai County] lies 15 miles [24.1 km]<5> to the southeast of Clemenceau
- Estimated population in 2019: 11,187 people
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Camp Verde
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Camp Verde<6>
- Sedona [Yavapai County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Sedona
- Sedona [Yavapai County] lies 17 miles [27.4 km]<5> to the northeast of Clemenceau
- Estimated population in 2019: 10,339 people
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Sedona
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Sedona<6>
- Clarkdale [Yavapai County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Clarkdale
- Clarkdale [Yavapai County] lies 3 miles [4.8 km]<5> to the northwest of Clemenceau
- Estimated population in 2019: 4,391 people
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Clarkdale
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Clarkdale<6>
- Continue List (6 more) ...
- Dewey - Humboldt [Yavapai County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Dewey - Humboldt
- Dewey - Humboldt [Yavapai County] lies 18 miles [29 km]<5> to the southwest of Clemenceau
- Estimated population in 2015: 3,988 people
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Dewey - Humboldt
- Jerome [Yavapai County]
- Cornville [Yavapai County]
- Cherry [Yavapai County]
- McGuireville [Yavapai County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for McGuireville
- McGuireville [Yavapai County] lies 13 miles [20.9 km]<5> to the southeast of Clemenceau
- Jump to Google Maps centered on McGuireville
- Big Park [Yavapai County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Big Park
- Big Park [Yavapai County] lies 15 miles [24.1 km]<5> to the east of Clemenceau
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Big Park have been provided by the GNIS.<3> The coordinates still need to be verified.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Big Park
To Help With Your Genealogy Research ...
We have a couple of sections for those tracing their genealogy.
We created a list of cemeteries that are in the area around Clemenceau. Our list includes the location of those cemeteries and we provide an overhead view. See our Cemetery List for Clemenceau.
Using the information from an 1895 Atlas, we've created a list of communities that were in the area of Clemenceau. Our list includes information such as whether the 1895 community had a post office or railroad service. See our List of 1890's Communities around Clemenceau.
We also have a detailed list of newspapers that have been published in the area around Clemenceau. See our Newspapers Page for Clemenceau.
Other Roadside Stops ...
Search for a Community in Arizona
About Yavapai County
Off-the-Road Links ...
The official website for Yavapai County: www.co.yavapai.az.us/
The official website for State of Arizona: https://az.gov/
|<1>||We use the term 'Historic' broadly and it generally means that the community no longer exists. However, it can also mean that the community might still exist, but was significantly larger or had a more 'official' existence in the past than it does now. Unfortunately our sources of data have proven to be unreliable. If you can provide us with more specific information about Clemenceau, please let us know so that we can improve our accuracy.|
|<2>||If you're interested in how the shape of Arizona's counties, including Yavapai, have changed over time, we recommend the Atlas of Historical County Boundaries.|
|<3>||The location has been supplied by the Geographic Names Information System - which is maintained by the U.S. Geological Survey (USGS). While these values should be definitive, we have found that accuracy can vary and you should double-check the location if accuracy is required.|
|<4>||The elevation is an estimate for the area around Clemenceau - it will be higher in some places and lower in others.|
|<5>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' distance. A straight line distance ignores obstructions like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line from Point A (ie- Clemenceau) to Point B.|
If you need the driving distance, we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Clemenceau. Since we usually use Google Maps, we've provided the following link: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from Clemenceau
Our distance measurements begin at a specific point in Clemenceau. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 34.7320, Longitude: -112.0265 In this case, the coordinates for Clemenceau have been provided by the Geographic Names Information System (GNIS).
|<6>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|