Welcome to Calabasas ...
So far, we have found very little information about Calabasas. The little that we've found leads us believe that the community is historic.<1>
We've added Calabasas to our Gazetteer with the hope that we can develop more information. If you can help us with Calabasas, please Contact Us.
Calabasas would have been located within present day Santa Cruz County<2>.
We aren't confident of the location of Calabasas, so consider the above location as an estimate.<3>
Calabasas was established in 1866.
While the community is gone, the present day location for Calabasas is 3,460 feet [1,055 m] above sea level.<4> In other words, the altitude of Calabasas is about ¾ mile [or ~1 km] above sea level.
Time Zone: The area where Calabasas was located is in the Mountain Standard Time Zone (MST) and does not observe daylight saving time
Calabasas would have been located in the (520) area code.
Adding Calabasas to Our Gazetteer ...
As we work on our Gazetteer, we occasionally find mention of a community that is new to us. When we find such a community, we add it to our Gazetteer with the hope of adding more information in the future.
We originally found mention of Calabasas in both the FIPS-55 and the GNIS. For more information, see the FIPS and GNIS Codes sections on our Miscellaneous Page.
In addition, we also found mention of Calabasas elsewhere: The earliest book where we found it mentioned was in the Business Atlas and Shippers' Guide (1895).
For more details about the above, see References and Mentions for Calabasas on our Genealogy Page.
Communities Also Named Calabasas ...
Using our Gazetteer, we have found another community named Calabasas - it's located in California.
For more information, see our Tidbits & Trivia Page for Calabasas.
Communities near Calabasas ...
We have created a list of 10 communities that are near Calabasas.
- Nogales [Santa Cruz County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Nogales
- Nogales [Santa Cruz County] lies 9 miles [14.5 km]<5> to the south of Calabasas
- Estimated population in 2019: 20,103 people
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Nogales
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Nogales<6>
- Patagonia [Santa Cruz County]
- Otero [Santa Cruz County] - Historic
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Otero
- Otero [Santa Cruz County] was located 4 miles [6.4 km]<5> to the northwest of Calabasas
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Otero have been provided by the GNIS.<7> The coordinates still need to be verified.
- Beyerville [Santa Cruz County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Beyerville
- Beyerville [Santa Cruz County] lies 7 miles [11.3 km]<5> to the southeast of Calabasas
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Beyerville
- Continue List (6 more) ...
- Tumacacori-Carmen [Santa Cruz County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Tumacacori-Carmen
- Tumacacori-Carmen [Santa Cruz County] lies 7 miles [11.3 km]<5> to the northwest of Calabasas
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Tumacacori-Carmen
- Tumacacori [Santa Cruz County]
- Salado [Santa Cruz County] - Historic
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Salado
- Salado [Santa Cruz County] was located 10 miles [16.1 km]<5> to the northeast of Calabasas
- Note: We haven't been able to verify our GPS coordinates for Salado. Although the coordinates have been estimated, they should be in the vicinity.<3>
- Alto [Santa Cruz County] - Historic
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Alto
- Alto [Santa Cruz County] was located 11 miles [17.7 km]<5> to the northeast of Calabasas
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Alto have been provided by the GNIS.<7> The coordinates still need to be verified.
- Tubac [Santa Cruz County]
- Kino Springs [Santa Cruz County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Kino Springs
- Kino Springs [Santa Cruz County] lies 12 miles [19.3 km]<5> to the southeast of Calabasas
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Kino Springs
To Help With Your Genealogy Research ...
We have a couple of sections for those tracing their genealogy.
We created a list of cemeteries that are in the area around Calabasas. Our list includes the location of those cemeteries and we provide an overhead view. See our Cemetery List for Calabasas.
Using the information from an 1895 Atlas, we've created a list of communities that were in the area of Calabasas. Our list includes information such as whether the 1895 community had a post office or railroad service. See our List of 1890's Communities around Calabasas.
We also have a detailed list of newspapers that have been published in the area around Calabasas. See our Newspapers Page for Calabasas.
Other Roadside Stops ...
Visit our Community Index for Arizona
About Santa Cruz County
Off-the-Road Links ...
The official website for Santa Cruz County: www.co.santa-cruz.az.us/
The official website for State of Arizona: https://az.gov/
|<1>||We use the term 'Historic' broadly and it generally means that the community no longer exists. However, it can also mean that the community might still exist, but was significantly larger or had a more 'official' existence in the past than it does now. Unfortunately our sources of data have proven to be unreliable. If you can provide us with more specific information about Calabasas, please let us know so that we can improve our accuracy.|
|<2>||If you're interested in how the shape of Arizona's counties, including Santa Cruz, have changed over time, we recommend the Atlas of Historical County Boundaries.|
|<3>||An 'estimated' location is one where we have been given GPS coordinates, but are unable to verify the accuracy of those coordinates. That said, we have some confidence that we have placed the marker near the actual location. A typical reason for being unable to verify a location is that it might be on private property or maybe historic and gone without an obvious trace.|
|<4>||The elevation is an estimate for the area around Calabasas - it will be higher in some places and lower in others.|
|<5>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' (or point-to-point) distance. A straight line distance ignores things like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line from Point A (ie- Calabasas) to Point B.|
If you need the driving distance, we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Calabasas. Since we usually use Google Maps for our own planning, we've provided the following link for your convenience: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from Calabasas
Our distance measurements begin at a specific point in Calabasas. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 31.4709, Longitude: -110.9756 In this case, the coordinates for Calabasas have been provided by the Geographic Names Information System (GNIS).
|<6>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|
|<7>||The location has been supplied by the Geographic Names Information System - which is maintained by the U.S. Geological Survey (USGS). While these values should be definitive, we have found that accuracy can vary and you should double-check the location if accuracy is required.|