Outdoor Activities ...
As we travel, we like to pursue some of our interests (such as astronomy and bird watching).
When in Beyerville, we use the following websites to find information relevant to Beyerville and the surrounding area.
- Astronomy & Satellites ...
- Whether using binoculars, a small telescope or the naked-eye, the Heavens-Above
website can help you to find your way around the night-time sky. In addition to detailed
sky charts, their website will help you find planets, asteriods, comets, satellites and their tracks across the sky.
- To give accurate results, Heavens-Above requires the latitude and longitude of your location. As a starting point, when we link to Heavens-Above,
we pass this GPS location for Beyerville:
- 31.390571, -110.8788
- Once you're on the Heavens-Above website, you can improve its accuracy by giving a more precise longitude and latitude as your actual position.
- The Heavens-Above Website, centered on Beyerville
- Waymarking ...
- Looking for somewhere out of the ordinary? Find a unique place and want to share it with others? Then it's time to visit Waymarking.com:
Curious and Interesting Names Near Beyerville ...
As we travel, we always see a community with a name that gives pause. While there are names which are interesting or familiar, some catch our attention or strike our fancy. We always wonder about such a name. If time permits and the community is not too far, we'll usually try to make a side-trip.
- Casa Blanca [Santa Cruz County] - Historic
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Casa Blanca
- Casa Blanca [Santa Cruz County] was located 17 miles [27.4 km]<1> to the northeast of Beyerville
- Note: We haven't been able to verify our GPS coordinates for Casa Blanca. Although the coordinates have been estimated, they should be in the vicinity.<2>
- Greaterville [Pima County] - Historic
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Greaterville
- Greaterville [Pima County] was located 26 miles [41.8 km]<1> to the north of Beyerville
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Greaterville have been provided by the GNIS.<3> The coordinates still need to be verified.
- Kentucky Camp [Santa Cruz County] - Historic
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Kentucky Camp
- Kentucky Camp [Santa Cruz County] was located 23 miles [37 km]<1> to the north of Beyerville
- Kino Springs [Santa Cruz County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Kino Springs
- Kino Springs [Santa Cruz County] lies 4 miles [6.4 km]<1> to the southeast of Beyerville
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Kino Springs
- Continue List (4 more) ...
- Partridge [Santa Cruz County] - Historic
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Partridge
- Partridge [Santa Cruz County] was located 24 miles [38.6 km]<1> to the west of Beyerville
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Partridge have been provided by the GNIS.<3> The coordinates still need to be verified.
- Ruby [Santa Cruz County] - Historic
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Ruby
- Ruby [Santa Cruz County] was located 21 miles [33.8 km]<1> to the west of Beyerville
- Trench Camp [Santa Cruz County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Trench Camp
- Trench Camp [Santa Cruz County] lies 10 miles [16.1 km]<1> to the northeast of Beyerville
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Trench Camp have been provided by the GNIS.<3> The coordinates still need to be verified.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Trench Camp
- Yank's Spring [Santa Cruz County] - Historic
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Yank's Spring
- Yank's Spring [Santa Cruz County] was located 18 miles [29 km]<1> to the west of Beyerville
- Note: We haven't been able to verify our GPS coordinates for Yank's Spring. Although the coordinates have been estimated, they should be in the vicinity.<2>
How Far From Beyerville to ...
We spend a lot of time looking through Gazetteers that were published in the late 1800's and early 1900's. Many of the Gazetteers include the distance from a community such as Beyerville to various places of note, such as the White House.
With a nod to our favorite Gazetteers, the straight-line distance beginning in Beyerville and extending to:
- View Our List ...
- Nogales, which is the Seat of Santa Cruz County and lies just to the Southwest.
- Phoenix, which is the State Capital of Arizona, lies 158 miles [254.3 km]<1> to the north northwest (NNW). If you could drive a straight line from Beyerville to Phoenix, with an average speed<4>of 63 miles [101.4 km] per hour, it would take less than three hours to make the trip. A comfortable walk of 2.2 miles [3.5 km] per hour would take 9 days. A horse and buggy averaging 3.2 miles [5.1 km] per hour would take 7 days.
- The White House (Washington, DC) is 1,967 miles [3,165.6 km] to the east northeast (ENE). Driving would take three full days, a buggy would take 77 days and walking would take 112 days.
- The shortest distance<5> to Jerusalem (specifically the Temple Mount and the Dome of the Rock) is 7,537 miles [12,129.6 km] and it lies to the north northeast (NNE).<6>
- The distance to the Great Mosque of Mecca (specifically the Ka'bah - or Kaaba ) is 8,298 miles [13,354.3 km] and it lies to the north northeast (NNE).<7>
- The distance to Saint Peter's Basilica (The Vatican) is 6,219 miles [10,008.5 km] and it lies to the northeast (NE).<8>
Other Roadside Stops ...
Search for a Community in Arizona
About Santa Cruz County
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Beyerville. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for Santa Cruz County: www.co.santa-cruz.az.us/
The official website for State of Arizona: https://az.gov/
|<1>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' (or point-to-point) distance. A straight line distance ignores things like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line from Point A (ie- Beyerville) to Point B.|
If you need the driving distance (or directions), we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Beyerville. Since we usually use Google Maps for our own planning, we've provided the following link for your convenience: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from Beyerville
Our distance measurements begin at a specific point in Beyerville. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 31.3906, Longitude: -110.8788
|<2>||An 'estimated' location is one where we have been given GPS coordinates, but are unable to verify the accuracy of those coordinates. That said, we have some confidence that we have placed the marker near the actual location. A typical reason for being unable to verify a location is that it might be on private property or maybe historic and gone without an obvious trace.|
|<3>||The location has been supplied by the Geographic Names Information System - which is maintained by the U.S. Geological Survey (USGS). While these values should be definitive, we have found that accuracy can vary and you should double-check the location if accuracy is required.|
|<4>||While we have tried to pick reasonable speeds, the rate of travel is very theoretical - obstacles like fences, hills, lakes, river crossings and rest stops have been ignored. When we say 'Days' of travel, we're assuming 8 hours of travel per day.|
|<5>||The shortest line can be visualized by stretching a string on a Globe from Point A to Point B - this is known as a Great Circle Route. Where you might expect the shortest route from Beyerville to the Middle East to be East and South, the Great Circle Route actually lies to the North and East.|
|<6>||The calculated bearing (or angle) to Jerusalem is 329.885 degrees.|
|<7>||The calculated bearing (or angle) to Mecca is 328.20 degrees.|
|<8>||The calculated bearing (or angle) to the Vatican is 321.549 degrees.||