Welcome to Adamsville ...
So far, we have found very little information about Adamsville. The little that we've found leads us believe that the community is historic.<1>
We've added Adamsville to our Gazetteer with the hope that we can develop more information. If you can help us with Adamsville, please Contact Us.
Adamsville would have been located within present day Pinal County<2>.
We aren't confident of the location of Adamsville, so consider the above location as an estimate.<3>
Adamsville was founded in 1870.
The origin (or the toponymy) of Adamsville: Named after Fred Adams, an early settler in this area.
While the community is gone, the present day location for Adamsville is 1,450 feet [442 m] above sea level.<4>.
Time Zone: The area where Adamsville was located is in the Mountain Standard Time Zone (MST) and does not observe daylight saving time
Communities Also Named Adamsville ...
Using our Gazetteer, we have found that there are 34 communities that are also named Adamsville - they are located in Alabama, Arkansas, Delaware, Florida (2), Georgia (4), Kansas, Massachusetts (2), Michigan, Mississippi, Missouri, New Brunswick, New York, North Carolina, Ohio (3), Ontario (3), Pennsylvania (2), Quebec, Rhode Island, South Carolina, Tennessee, Texas, Utah, West Virginia and Wisconsin.
For more information, see our Tidbits & Trivia Page for Adamsville.
Communities near Adamsville ...
We have created a list of 10 communities that are near Adamsville.
- Queen Creek [Maricopa County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Queen Creek
- Queen Creek [Maricopa County] lies 19 miles [30.6 km]<5> to the northwest of Adamsville
- Population from the 2020 Census: 60,097 people
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Queen Creek
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Queen Creek<6>
- Florence [Pinal County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Florence
- Florence [Pinal County] lies 3 miles [4.8 km]<5> to the northeast of Adamsville
- Population from the 2020 Census: 28,049 people
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Florence
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Florence<6>
- Eloy [Pinal County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Eloy
- Eloy [Pinal County] lies 18 miles [29 km]<5> to the south of Adamsville
- Population from the 2020 Census: 17,279 people
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Eloy
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Eloy<6>
- Coolidge [Pinal County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Coolidge
- Coolidge [Pinal County] lies 5 miles [8 km]<5> to the southwest of Adamsville
- Population from the 2020 Census: 13,769 people
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Coolidge
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Coolidge<6>
- Continue List (6 more) ...
- Randolph [Pinal County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Randolph
- Randolph [Pinal County] lies 7 miles [11.3 km]<5> to the southwest of Adamsville
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Randolph
- Blackwater [Pinal County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Blackwater
- Blackwater [Pinal County] lies 8 miles [12.9 km]<5> to the west of Adamsville
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Blackwater have been provided by the GNIS.<7> The coordinates still need to be verified.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Blackwater
- Cactus Forest [Pinal County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Cactus Forest
- Cactus Forest [Pinal County] lies 8 miles [12.9 km]<5> to the southeast of Adamsville
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Cactus Forest
- La Palma [Pinal County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for La Palma
- La Palma [Pinal County] lies 9 miles [14.5 km]<5> to the southwest of Adamsville
- Jump to Google Maps centered on La Palma
- Eleven Mile Corner [Pinal County]
- Sacaton [Pinal County]
To Help With Your Genealogy Research ...
We have a couple of sections for those tracing their genealogy.
We created a list of cemeteries that are in the area around Adamsville. Our list includes the location of those cemeteries and we provide an overhead view. See our Cemetery List for Adamsville.
Using the information from an 1895 Atlas, we've created a list of communities that were in the area of Adamsville. Our list includes information such as whether the 1895 community had a post office or railroad service. See our List of 1890's Communities around Adamsville.
We also have a detailed list of newspapers that have been published in the area around Adamsville. See our Newspapers Page for Adamsville.
Other Roadside Stops ...
Find a Community in Arizona
About Pinal County
Off-the-Road Links ...
The official website for Pinal County: www.co.pinal.az.us/
The official website for State of Arizona: https://az.gov/
|<1>||We use the term 'Historic' broadly and it generally means that the community no longer exists. However, it can also mean that the community might still exist, but was significantly larger or had a more 'official' existence in the past than it does now. Unfortunately our sources of data have proven to be unreliable. If you can provide us with more specific information about Adamsville, please let us know so that we can improve our accuracy.|
|<2>||If you're interested in how the shape of Arizona's counties, including Pinal, have changed over time, we recommend the Atlas of Historical County Boundaries.|
|<3>||An 'estimated' location is one where we have been given GPS coordinates, but are unable to verify the accuracy of those coordinates. That said, we have some confidence that we have placed the marker near the actual location. A typical reason for being unable to verify a location is that it might be on private property or maybe historic and gone without an obvious trace.|
|<4>||The elevation is an estimate for the area around Adamsville - it will be higher in some places and lower in others.|
|<5>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' (or point-to-point) distance. A straight line distance ignores things like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line drawn from Point A (ie- Adamsville) to Point B.If you need the driving distance (or directions), we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Adamsville. Since we usually use Google Maps, we've provided the following link for your convenience: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from AdamsvilleOur distance measurements begin at a specific point in Adamsville. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 33.0101, Longitude: -111.4449 In this case, the coordinates for Adamsville have been provided by the Geographic Names Information System (GNIS).|
|<6>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|
|<7>||The location has been supplied by the Geographic Names Information System - which is maintained by the U.S. Geological Survey (USGS). While these values should be definitive, we have found that accuracy can vary and you should double-check the location if accuracy is required.|