Curious and Interesting Names Near Woking ...
As we travel, we always see a community with a name that gives pause. While there are names which are interesting or familiar, some catch our attention or strike our fancy. We always wonder about such a name. If time permits and the community is not too far, we'll usually try to make a side-trip.
- Bear Lake
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Bear Lake
- Bear Lake lies 23 miles [37 km]<1> to the south of Woking
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Bear Lake
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Beaverlodge
- Beaverlodge lies 38 miles [61.2 km]<1> to the southwest of Woking
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Beaverlodge came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<2>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Beaverlodge
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Beaverlodge<3>
- Blueberry Mountain
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Blueberry Mountain
- Blueberry Mountain lies 27 miles [43.5 km]<1> to the northwest of Woking
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Blueberry Mountain
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Bluesky
- Bluesky lies 37 miles [59.5 km]<1> to the northeast of Woking
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Bluesky came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<2>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Bluesky
- Continue List (4 more) ...
- Poplar Ridge
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Poplar Ridge
- Poplar Ridge lies 24 miles [38.6 km]<1> to the north of Woking
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Poplar Ridge came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<2>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Poplar Ridge
- Spirit River
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Spirit River
- Spirit River lies 12 miles [19.3 km]<1> to the north of Woking
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Spirit River
- Teepee Creek
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Teepee Creek
- Teepee Creek lies 21 miles [33.8 km]<1> to the southeast of Woking
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Teepee Creek came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<2>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Teepee Creek
How Far From Woking to ...
We spend a lot of time looking through Gazetteers that were published in the late 1800's and early 1900's. Many of the Gazetteers include the distance from a community such as Woking to various places of note, such as Parliament Hill.
With a nod to our favorite Gazetteers, the straight-line distance beginning in Woking and extending to:
- View Our List ...
- Edmonton, which is the Provincial Capital of Alberta, lies 253 miles [407.2 km]<1> to the east southeast (ESE). If you could drive a straight line from Woking to Edmonton, with an average speed<4>of 63 miles [101.4 km] per hour, it would take four to five hours to make the trip. A comfortable walk of 2.2 miles [3.5 km] per hour would take 15 days. A horse and buggy averaging 3.2 miles [5.1 km] per hour would take 10 days.
- The National Capital at Parliament Hill (Ottawa, ON) is 1,979 miles [3,184.9 km] to the east (E). Driving would take three full days, a buggy would take 78 days and walking would take 113 days.
- The shortest distance<5> to Jerusalem (specifically the Temple Mount and the Dome of the Rock) is 6,203 miles [9,982.8 km] and it lies to the north northeast (NNE).<6>
- The distance to the Great Mosque of Mecca (specifically the Ka'bah - or Kaaba ) is 6,963 miles [11,205.9 km] and it lies to the north northeast (NNE).<7>
- The distance to Saint Peter's Basilica (The Vatican) is 5,116 miles [8,233.4 km] and it lies to the northeast (NE).<8>
Other Roadside Stops ...
Communities in Alberta
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Woking. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for Province of Alberta: https://www.alberta.ca/
|<1>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' distance. A straight line distance ignores things like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line drawn from Point A (ie- Woking) to Point B.If you need the driving distance (or directions), we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Woking. Since we usually use Google Maps, we've provided the following link: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from WokingOur distance measurements begin at a specific point in Woking. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 55.6000, Longitude: -118.7667 |
|<2>||If we have found a location and have questions about the accuracy of our information, we will simply say that the marker is 'in the vicinity'. We are not confident about the location and the position of our marker is only a rough guide. If we have too many doubts about the location, we will not include it in our database.|
|<3>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|
|<4>||While we have tried to pick reasonable speeds, the rate of travel is very theoretical - obstacles like fences, hills, lakes, river crossings and rest stops have been ignored. When we say 'Days' of travel, we're assuming 8 hours of travel per day.|
|<5>||The shortest line can be visualized by stretching a string on a Globe from Point A to Point B - this is known as a Great Circle Route. Where you might expect the shortest route from Woking to the Middle East to be East and South, the Great Circle Route actually lies to the North and East.|
|<6>||The calculated bearing (or angle) to Jerusalem is 338.122 degrees.|
|<7>||The calculated bearing (or angle) to Mecca is 339.759 degrees.|
|<8>||The calculated bearing (or angle) to the Vatican is 324.401 degrees.||