Our Genealogy Helper for Perryvale ...
We have a couple of goals for our Gazetteer:
- That it be a tool which helps us with planning our trips.
- We're trying to shape our Gazetteer as a tool to help us understand the community in which our ancestors lived, the community that was part of their daily lives.
- On our trips, we try to visit those places where our ancestors left their footprints.
By learning about Perryvale (and the surrounding area) during the time that our ancestors lived, we hope to have a better understanding of both their community and its relationship to their lifes. We hope that this tool helps to give us an insight into their world.
As we add data and organize our Gazetteer to help with our family research, we will be adding to this our Genealogical Helper for Perryvale. While we don't have information that is specific to any given person or family, we intend to expand our understanding about where and how people lived.
Websites to Help With Your Genealogy Research ...
When we do our genealogical research, we begin with the websites from Cyndi's List, FamilySearch and Genealogy Trails. These helpful websites offer the information directly or else point to where you can find it. Their information is open to everyone.
To help you get started, the following links will take you to the pages that are relevant to Perryvale:
- Websites specific to Alberta
- Cemetery Information and Directories for Alberta
- Of Special Interest ...
- The GenDisasters website specializes in newspaper articles about tragedies and disasters. While it makes interesting reading all by itself, it should be of special interest to genealogists and family historians looking for people who were either affected by or directly involved in such tragedies.
- Stories from Alberta
Cemeteries Near Perryvale ...
Below are cemeteries that are in the vicinity of Perryvale.
This is a new section and is likely to have errors. If you find an error, such as a missing cemetery or we have the wrong name, please let us know. If you know of them, we would also appreciate learning about previous or alternate names.
If you need information about a burial or interment, photos, transcripts, how to contact the cemetery or local authorities, please visit our selection of Genealogy Websites (see below).
If not found below, our Cemetery List for Perryvale covers a larger area, with the cemeteries listed in alphabetical order.
- Peaceful Pines Cemetery
- Meanook Cemetery
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the Meanook Cemetery
- The Meanook Cemetery is located outside and to the northwest of Meanook.To be precise, Meanook Cemetery lies 8 miles [12.9 km]<1> to the north of Perryvale.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Meanook Cemetery
- Tawatinaw Cemetery
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the Tawatinaw Cemetery
- Note: We haven't been able to verify our GPS coordinates for the Tawatinaw Cemetery. Although the coordinates have been estimated, they should be in the vicinity.<3>
- Tawatinaw Cemetery lies 12 miles [19.3 km]<1> to the south of Perryvale.
- Tawatinaw Cemetery has also been known as:
- St. Charles Borromeo Cemetery
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Tawatinaw Cemetery
- St. Alban Cemetery
- Cash Creek Cemetery
- Athabasca Municipal Cemetery
- Newbrook Community Cemetery
- Abee Cemetery
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the Abee Cemetery
- The Abee Cemetery is located outside and to the southwest of Abee.Abee Cemetery lies 21 miles [33.8 km]<1> to the southeast of Perryvale.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Abee Cemetery
- Dapp Cemetery
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the Dapp Cemetery
- Dapp Cemetery lies 22 miles [35.4 km]<1> to the west of Perryvale.
- Dapp Cemetery has also been known as:
- Dapp Community Cemetery
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Dapp Cemetery
- Find-A-Grave: FAG ID #2382064<2>
- Moose Hill Community Cemetery
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the Moose Hill Community Cemetery
- The Moose Hill Community Cemetery is located 3 miles [4.8 km]<1> to the east of Thorhild.More precisely, Moose Hill Community Cemetery lies 22 miles [35.4 km] to the south of Perryvale.
- Moose Hill Community Cemetery has also been known as:
- Moose Hill Cemetery
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Moose Hill Community Cemetery
- Find-A-Grave: FAG ID #2363779<2>
- Boyle Municipal Cemetery
- St. Alphonsus RC Cemetery
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the St. Alphonsus RC Cemetery
- St. Alphonsus RC Cemetery lies 22 miles [35.4 km]<1> to the northeast of Perryvale.
- St. Alphonsus RC Cemetery has also been known as:
- St. Alphonsus Cemetery
- St. Alphonsus RC Cemetery
- Jump to Google Maps centered on St. Alphonsus RC Cemetery
- Continue List (25 more) ...
- Ferguson District Cemetery
- St. Anne RC Cemetery
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the St. Anne RC Cemetery
- The St. Anne RC Cemetery is located in Thorhild.Stated another way, St. Anne RC Cemetery lies 23 miles [37 km]<1> to the southeast of Perryvale.
- St. Anne RC Cemetery has also been known as:
- St. Anne's Cemetery
- Jump to Google Maps centered on St. Anne RC Cemetery
- Find-A-Grave: FAG ID #2364574<2>
- Jordan W. Murphy Cemetery
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the Jordan W. Murphy Cemetery
- Jordan W. Murphy Cemetery lies 23 miles [37 km]<1> to the northeast of Perryvale.
- Jordan W. Murphy Cemetery has also been known as:
- Amber Valley Cemetery
- Amber Valley / Jordan W. Murphy Cemetery
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Jordan W. Murphy Cemetery
- Find-A-Grave: FAG ID #2302070<2>
We've also created an expanded list of communities that existed in the 1890's and were located in the area around Perryvale. See our List of 1890's Communities around Perryvale.
Other Roadside Stops ...
Recent Changes to RoadsideThoughts ...
Mentions & References for Perryvale
Find a Community located in Alberta
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Perryvale. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for Province of Alberta: https://www.alberta.ca/
|<1>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' distance. A straight line distance ignores obstructions like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line drawn from Point A (ie- Perryvale) to Point B.If you need the driving distance (or directions), we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Perryvale. Since we usually use Google Maps for our own planning, we've provided the following link: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from PerryvaleOur distance measurements begin at a specific point in Perryvale. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 54.4667, Longitude: -113.3833 |
|<2>||The Find-a-Grave website is an excellent research tool with information about a cemetery's location and interments. They also offer a forum for their members which can provide additional help. More information about Find-a-Grave can be found on their website: findagrave.com.|
|<3>||An 'estimated' location is one where we have been given GPS coordinates, but are unable to verify the accuracy of those coordinates. That said, we have some confidence that we have placed the marker near the actual location. A typical reason for being unable to verify a location is that it might be on private property or maybe historic and gone without an obvious trace.|