Curious and Interesting Names Near Pendant d'Oreille ...
As we travel, we always see a community with a name that gives pause. While there are names which are interesting or familiar, some catch our attention or strike our fancy. We always wonder about such a name. If time permits and the community is not too far, we'll usually try to make a side-trip.
- Conquerville - Historic
- Note: We haven't been able to verify our GPS coordinates for Conquerville. Although the coordinates have been estimated, they should be in the vicinity.<1>
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Conquerville
- Conquerville was located 36 miles [57.9 km]<2> to the northwest of Pendant d'Oreille
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Elkwater came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<3>
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Elkwater
- Elkwater lies 41 miles [66 km]<2> to the northeast of Pendant d'Oreille
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Elkwater
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Elkwater<4>
- Legend - Historic
- Note: We haven't been able to verify our GPS coordinates for Legend. Although the coordinates have been estimated, they should be in the vicinity.<1>
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Legend
- Legend was located 38 miles [61.2 km]<2> to the northwest of Pendant d'Oreille
- Continue List (4 more) ...
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Onefour came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<3>
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Onefour
- Onefour lies 20 miles [32.2 km]<2> to the southeast of Pendant d'Oreille
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Onefour
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Onefour<4>
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Orion
- Orion lies 17 miles [27.4 km]<2> to the north of Pendant d'Oreille
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Orion
- Seven Persons
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Seven Persons came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<3>
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Seven Persons
- Seven Persons lies 46 miles [74 km]<2> to the north of Pendant d'Oreille
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Seven Persons
- Wild Horse
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Wild Horse
- Wild Horse lies 32 miles [51.5 km]<2> to the southeast of Pendant d'Oreille
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Wild Horse
How Far From Pendant d'Oreille to ...
We spend a lot of time looking through Gazetteers & Almanacs that were published in the late 1800's and early 1900's. Many of the Gazetteers include the distance from a community such as Pendant d'Oreille to various places of note, such as Parliament Hill.
With a nod to our favorite Gazetteers, the straight-line distance beginning in Pendant d'Oreille and extending to:
- View Our List ...
- Edmonton, which is the Provincial Capital of Alberta, lies 320 miles [515 km]<2> to the north northwest (NNW). If you could drive a straight line from Pendant d'Oreille to Edmonton, with an average speed<5>of 63 miles [101.4 km] per hour, it would take five to six hours to make the trip. A comfortable walk of 2.2 miles [3.5 km] per hour would take 19 days. A horse and buggy averaging 3.2 miles [5.1 km] per hour would take 13 days.
- The National Capital at Parliament Hill (Ottawa, ON) is 1,651 miles [2,657 km] to the east (E). Driving would take most of three days, a buggy would take 65 days and walking would take 94 days.
- The shortest distance<6> to Jerusalem (specifically the Temple Mount and the Dome of the Rock) is 6,461 miles [10,398 km] and it lies to the north northeast (NNE).<7>
- The distance to the Great Mosque of Mecca (specifically the Ka'bah - or Kaaba ) is 7,230 miles [11,635.6 km] and it lies to the north northeast (NNE).<8>
- The distance to Saint Peter's Basilica (The Vatican) is 5,262 miles [8,468.4 km] and it lies to the northeast (NE).<9>
Other Roadside Stops ...
Visit our Community Index for Alberta
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Pendant d'Oreille. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for Province of Alberta: https://www.alberta.ca/
|<1>||An 'estimated' location is one where we have been given GPS coordinates, but are unable to verify the accuracy of those coordinates. That said, we have some confidence that we have placed the marker near the actual location. A typical reason for being unable to verify a location is that it might be on private property or maybe historic and gone without an obvious trace.|
|<2>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' (or point-to-point) distance. A straight line distance ignores things like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line from Point A (ie- Pendant d'Oreille) to Point B.|
Our distance measurements begin at a specific point in Pendant d'Oreille. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 49.2000, Longitude: -110.8667
|<3>||If we have found a location and have questions about the accuracy of our information, we will simply say that the marker is 'in the vicinity'. We are not confident about the location and the position of our marker is only a rough guide. If we have too many doubts about the location, we will not include it in our database.|
|<4>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|
|<5>||While we have tried to pick reasonable speeds, the rate of travel is very theoretical - obstacles like fences, hills, lakes, river crossings and rest stops have been ignored. When we say 'Days' of travel, we're assuming 8 hours of travel per day.|
|<6>||The shortest line can be visualized by stretching a string on a Globe from Point A to Point B - this is known as a Great Circle Route. Where you might expect the shortest route from Pendant d'Oreille to the Middle East to be East and South, the Great Circle Route actually lies to the North and East.|
|<7>||The calculated bearing (or angle) to Jerusalem is 331.638 degrees.|
|<8>||The calculated bearing (or angle) to Mecca is 331.893 degrees.|
|<9>||The calculated bearing (or angle) to the Vatican is 320.178 degrees.||