Welcome to Owendale ...
Although we found mention of Owendale during our research, we really don't have any information about it.<1> Given the context of how Owendale was mentioned, we believe that it was a community rather than a locale or some type of landmark. We have done a cursory search and if it was a community, we haven't been able to find any evidence that it still exists..
We've added Owendale to our Gazetteer with the hope that we can develop more information. If you can help us with Owendale, please Contact Us.
Time Zone: The area where we believe that Owendale might be (or was) located is in the Mountain Time Zone (MST/MDT) and observes daylight saving time. The time zone in French: MST- Heure Normale des Rocheuses (HNR), MDT- Heure Avancée des Rocheuses (HAR).
We believe that Owendale would be found within the (403) & (587)<2> area codes.
Communities Also Named Owendale ...
Using our Gazetteer, we have found another community named Owendale - it's located in Michigan.
For more information, see our Tidbits & Trivia Page for Owendale.
Communities near Owendale ...
We have created a list of 10 communities that are near Owendale.
- Mountain View
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Woolford
- Woolford lies 7 miles [11.3 km]<3> to the northeast of Owendale
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Woolford came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<5>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Woolford
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Carway
- Carway lies 9 miles [14.5 km]<3> to the southwest of Owendale
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Carway came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<5>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Carway
- Continue List (6 more) ...
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Beazer
- Beazer lies 12 miles [19.3 km]<3> to the west of Owendale
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Beazer came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<5>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Beazer
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Beazer<4>
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Leavitt
- Leavitt lies 12 miles [19.3 km]<3> to the northwest of Owendale
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Leavitt
- Spring Coulee
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Spring Coulee
- Spring Coulee lies 18 miles [29 km]<3> to the north of Owendale
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Spring Coulee
- Del Bonita
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Glenwood
- Glenwood lies 23 miles [37 km]<3> to the northwest of Owendale
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Glenwood came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<5>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Glenwood
- Hill Spring
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Hill Spring
- Hill Spring lies 23 miles [37 km]<3> to the northwest of Owendale
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Hill Spring came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<5>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Hill Spring
TripAdvisor Tourism Pages for Owendale ...
Looking for more information about Owendale? A wonderful source is the TripAdvisor website. We always start with the TripAdvisor Tourism page, where you can read an overview with links that will help you find lodging, restaurants and attractions.
While we are unaware of a Tourism page that is specific to Owendale, there are neighboring communities that do have Tourism pages. A map of those communities can be found with our TripAdvisor Page for Owendale.
Other Roadside Stops ...
Index of Cities, Towns and Villages for Alberta
Off-the-Road Links ...
The official website for Province of Alberta: https://www.alberta.ca/
|<1>||If we encounter the name of what might be a community, our methodology is to add that name to our Gazetteer. For example, we might find a sentence like "He went south past Owendale and then turned east". While Owendale could be some kind of landmark, we think that it's more likely to be a community. We've added Owendale as a placeholder with the hope that we'll be able to add more information in the future.|
Just as a reminder: Our definition of a community is rather broad and includes those places (or areas) where several families lived and had a name which identified that place. For example, you might hear somebody say that they are going over to Bird Creek to see Pete ... Bird Creek is just a gas station and a couple of homes at the crossroads. While it might not be on the map, everybody in the area knows it by that name.
Places of interest include buildings at a crossroad, several families clustered in a hollow or maybe the location of a way station. It also includes places like mines, lumber camps, ferry crossings, etc. The community might still exist, is now gone or only existed for just a short period of time.
Also keep in mind that Owendale could have been on the original document by mistake, misspelled, the original/alternate name of a community that we've listed elsewhere or was placed in the wrong . Sometimes a post office or train station would have a different name than the community where it's located, so two names might be referring to the same community - we're working to straighten it all out.
|<2>||Area code (587) is an overlay for area code (403).|
|<3>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' distance. A straight line distance ignores things like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line from Point A (ie- Owendale) to Point B.Our distance measurements begin at a specific point in Owendale. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 49.0873, Longitude: -113.2093 |
|<4>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|
|<5>||If we have found a location and have questions about the accuracy of our information, we will simply say that the marker is 'in the vicinity'. We are not confident about the location and the position of our marker is only a rough guide. If we have too many doubts about the location, we will not include it in our database.|