Curious and Interesting Names Near Notikewin ...
As we travel, we always see a community with a name that gives pause. While there are names which are interesting or familiar, some catch our attention or strike our fancy. We always wonder about such a name. If time permits and the community is not too far, we'll usually try to make a side-trip.
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Deadwood
- Deadwood lies 17 miles [27.4 km]<1> to the south of Notikewin
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Deadwood
- Lone Star
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Lone Star
- Lone Star lies 19 miles [30.6 km]<1> to the south of Notikewin
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Lone Star came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<2>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Lone Star
How Far From Notikewin to ...
We spend a lot of time looking through Gazetteers, Almanacs & Directories that were published in the late 1800's and early 1900's. Many of the Gazetteers include the distance from a community such as Notikewin to various places of note, such as Parliament Hill.
With a nod to our favorite Gazetteers, the straight-line distance beginning in Notikewin and extending to:
- View Our List ...
- Edmonton, which is the Provincial Capital of Alberta, lies 287 miles [461.9 km]<1> to the southeast (SE). If you could drive a straight line from Notikewin to Edmonton, with an average speed<3>of 63 miles [101.4 km] per hour, it would take four to five hours to make the trip. A comfortable walk of 2.2 miles [3.5 km] per hour would take 17 days. A horse and buggy averaging 3.2 miles [5.1 km] per hour would take 12 days.
- The National Capital at Parliament Hill (Ottawa, ON) is 1,943 miles [3,127 km] to the east (E). Driving would take three full days, a buggy would take 76 days and walking would take 111 days.
- The shortest distance<4> to Jerusalem (specifically the Temple Mount and the Dome of the Rock) is 6,098 miles [9,813.8 km] and it lies to the north northeast (NNE).<5>
- The distance to the Great Mosque of Mecca (specifically the Ka'bah - or Kaaba ) is 6,859 miles [11,038.5 km] and it lies to the north northeast (NNE).<6>
- The distance to Saint Peter's Basilica (The Vatican) is 5,013 miles [8,067.6 km] and it lies to the northeast (NE).<7>
Other Roadside Stops ...
Visit our Community Index for Alberta
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Notikewin. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for Province of Alberta: https://www.alberta.ca/
|<1>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'point-to-point' distance. A straight line distance ignores things like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line drawn from Point A (ie- Notikewin) to Point B.If you need the driving distance, we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Notikewin. Since we usually use Google Maps, we've provided the following link: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from NotikewinOur distance measurements begin at a specific point in Notikewin. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 56.9833, Longitude: -117.6333 |
|<2>||If we have found a location and have questions about the accuracy of our information, we will simply say that the marker is 'in the vicinity'. We are not confident about the location and the position of our marker is only a rough guide. If we have too many doubts about the location, we will not include it in our database.|
|<3>||While we have tried to pick reasonable speeds, the rate of travel is very theoretical - obstacles like fences, hills, lakes, river crossings and rest stops have been ignored. When we say 'Days' of travel, we're assuming 8 hours of travel per day.|
|<4>||The shortest line can be visualized by stretching a string on a Globe from Point A to Point B - this is known as a Great Circle Route. Where you might expect the shortest route from Notikewin to the Middle East to be East and South, the Great Circle Route actually lies to the North and East.|
|<5>||The calculated bearing (or angle) to Jerusalem is 337.18 degrees.|
|<6>||The calculated bearing (or angle) to Mecca is 338.799 degrees.|
|<7>||The calculated bearing (or angle) to the Vatican is 323.366 degrees.||