Around North Star ...
The largest community within a 50 mile [80 km] radius is Manning. It lies just north of North Star.
The next largest community is Dixonville.
It is located about 22 miles [ km] to the south of North Star
Below is a sample of neighboring communities: Keep in mind that when we give a distance, it's a 'straight-line' distance .<2>
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Deadwood
- Deadwood lies 10 miles [16.1 km]<2> to the southeast of North Star
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Deadwood
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Dixonville
- Dixonville lies 22 miles [35.4 km]<2> to the south of North Star
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Dixonville
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Hotchkiss
- Hotchkiss lies 14 miles [22.5 km]<2> to the north of North Star
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Hotchkiss came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<3>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Hotchkiss
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Notikewin
- Notikewin lies 8 miles [12.9 km]<2> to the north of North Star
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Notikewin came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<3>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Notikewin
Curious and Interesting Names Near North Star ...
It seems like there is always a nearby community with a name that seems interesting, maybe familiar or just catches our attention in some other way. We've collected some names which strike us as being curious or interesting. Our list can be found on the Tidbits & Trivia Page for North Star.
Airports Near North Star ...
When a trip includes a flight, we try to find an airport that best fits our travel plans.<5> To that purpose, we've assembled a list of that are relatively close to North Star and that information can be found on the Airports Page for North Star.
Websites We Enjoy ...
When we're planning a trip, we like to check the following websites for sights, attractions and places to visit.
- For the Province of Alberta:
- TripAdvisor Links for:
- Also of Interest:
Other Roadside Stops ...
Index of Cities, Towns and Villages for Alberta
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for North Star. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for Province of Alberta: https://www.alberta.ca/
|<1>||Unless noted otherwise, the population counts we use should be considered estimates. Our population values for North Star were taken from various sources and although they can be traced back to Statistics Canada (StatCan), they should not be considered official.|
|<2>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'point-to-point' distance. A straight line distance ignores obstructions like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line from Point A (ie- North Star) to Point B.If you need the driving distance, we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for North Star. Since we usually use Google Maps for our own planning, we've provided the following link for your convenience: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from North StarOur distance measurements begin at a specific point in North Star. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 56.8573, Longitude: -117.6248 |
|<3>||If we have found a location and have questions about the accuracy of our information, we will simply say that the marker is 'in the vicinity'. We are not confident about the location and the position of our marker is only a rough guide. If we have too many doubts about the location, we will not include it in our database.|
|<4>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|
|<5>||When we are planning a trip (for example, to North Star), we usually look for the obvious: the choice of airlines that fly into the airport, the number of flights, the connections we have to make, which car rentals are available, etc. We also look for sights and attractions that we might find between any given airport and our destination - we do love exploring. We're willing to fly into a more distant airport if we can get the services and amenities that we like. Even though our choice of airport might be inconvenient to others, it usually gives us a better trip.|