Welcome to Newton ...
When the people of Newton refer to themselves (known as a demonym), they frequently use Newtonian<1>
Time Zone: Newton lies in the Mountain Time Zone (MST/MDT) and observes daylight saving time. The time zone in French: MST- Heure Normale des Rocheuses (HNR), MDT- Heure Avancée des Rocheuses (HAR).
Area codes for Newton: (780) and (587)<2>
The Canadian Postal Code for Newton: T5W<3>
Communities Also Named Newton ...
Using our Gazetteer, we have found that there are 50 communities that are also named Newton - they are located in Alabama (2), British Columbia, Colorado, Georgia, Illinois, Indiana (3), Iowa, Kansas (3), Louisiana (2), Manitoba, Maryland, Massachusetts, Michigan, Mississippi, Montana (2), Nebraska, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New Mexico (2), Newfoundland and Labrador, North Carolina, Ohio, Ontario (2), Oregon, Pennsylvania (3), Prince Edward Island, Tennessee (2), Texas, Utah (2), Virginia (3), Washington, West Virginia (2) and Wisconsin (2).
For more information, see our Tidbits & Trivia Page for Newton.
Communities near Newton ...
We have created a list of 10 communities that are near Newton.
- Saint Albert
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Saint Albert
- Saint Albert lies 9 miles [14.5 km]<4> to the northwest of Newton
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Saint Albert came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<6>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Saint Albert
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Saint Albert<5>
- Fort Saskatchewan
- Continue List (6 more) ...
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Morinville
- Morinville lies 18 miles [29 km]<4> to the northwest of Newton
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Morinville came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<6>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Morinville
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Morinville<5>
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Devon
- Devon lies 19 miles [30.6 km]<4> to the southwest of Newton
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Devon came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<6>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Devon
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Devon<5>
- Bon Accord
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Bon Accord
- Bon Accord lies 17 miles [27.4 km]<4> to the north of Newton
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Bon Accord came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<6>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Bon Accord
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Bon Accord<5>
- Upper Manor Estates
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Upper Manor Estates
- Upper Manor Estates lies 10 miles [16.1 km]<4> to the northwest of Newton
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Upper Manor Estates
- Woodland Park
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Woodland Park
- Woodland Park lies 18 miles [29 km]<4> to the southwest of Newton
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Woodland Park
TripAdvisor Tourism Pages for Newton ...
Looking for more information about Newton? A wonderful source is the TripAdvisor website. We always start with the TripAdvisor Tourism page, where you can read an overview with links that will help you find lodging, restaurants and attractions.
While we are unaware of a Tourism page that is specific to Newton, there are neighboring communities that do have Tourism pages. A map of those communities can be found with our TripAdvisor Page for Newton.
Other Roadside Stops ...
Cities, Towns and Villages of Alberta
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Newton. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for Province of Alberta: https://www.alberta.ca/
|<1>||A demonym is the name for a resident of a community which is usually derived from (or is related to) the name of that community. In other words, it's how the residents of Newton refer to themselves. It's important to note that there aren't any rules for taking a community's name and turning it into a demonym. A demonym is informal and while the majority of Newton may use one name, keep in mind that others may use something different.|
|<2>||Area code (587) is an overlay for area code (780).|
|<3>||The Canadian Postal Code consists of 6 characters, where the first three characters are the 'Forward Sortation Area (FSA)', with the last three characters being the 'Local Delivery Unit (LDU)'. In the case of Newton, we provide only the FSA and not the LDU. The Canadian Postal Codes were created as a way of grouping addresses to make delivery more efficient. So keep in mind that any given Postal Code is only 'loosely' associated with a community (such as Newton). The boundaries of the Postal Code can be changed, re-assigned, eliminated or overlapped with other Postal Codes. When looking for a Postal Code, whether Newton or elsewhere, it's always best to check the website of the Canada Post / Postes Canada.|
|<4>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'point-to-point' distance. A straight line distance ignores obstructions like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line drawn from Point A (ie- Newton) to Point B.If you need the driving distance (or directions), we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Newton. Since we usually use Google Maps for our own planning, we've provided the following link for your convenience: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from NewtonOur distance measurements begin at a specific point in Newton. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 53.5759, Longitude: -113.4216 |
|<5>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|
|<6>||If we have found a location and have questions about the accuracy of our information, we will simply say that the marker is 'in the vicinity'. We are not confident about the location and the position of our marker is only a rough guide. If we have too many doubts about the location, we will not include it in our database.|