Curious and Interesting Names Near Neerlandia ...
As we travel, we always see a community with a name that gives pause. While there are names which are interesting or familiar, some catch our attention or strike our fancy. We always wonder about such a name. If time permits and the community is not too far, we'll usually try to make a side-trip.
- Birch Cove
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Birch Cove came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<1>
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Birch Cove
- Birch Cove lies 25 miles [40.2 km]<2> to the south of Neerlandia
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Birch Cove
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Clyde
- Clyde lies 32 miles [51.5 km]<2> to the east of Neerlandia
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Clyde
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Cosmo
- Cosmo lies 31 miles [49.9 km]<2> to the southwest of Neerlandia
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Cosmo
- Continue List (6 more) ...
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Freedom
- Freedom lies 13 miles [20.9 km]<2> to the southeast of Neerlandia
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Freedom
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Highridge came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<1>
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Highridge
- Highridge lies 22 miles [35.4 km]<2> to the southeast of Neerlandia
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Highridge
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Larkspur
- Larkspur lies 25 miles [40.2 km]<2> to the east of Neerlandia
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Larkspur
- Rich Valley
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Rich Valley came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<1>
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Rich Valley
- Rich Valley lies 32 miles [51.5 km]<2> to the south of Neerlandia
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Rich Valley
- Tiger Lily
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Tiger Lily came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<1>
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Tiger Lily
- Tiger Lily lies 18 miles [29 km]<2> to the southwest of Neerlandia
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Tiger Lily
Notable Births & Deaths ...
This is a new section for us and we are still collecting data.
Below is our list of notable people who were born, died or were buried in the area surrounding Neerlandia. Please note that while we are collecting data on an ongoing basis, it's a big task and it's unlikely that our list will ever be more than a sample.
- View Our List ...
- Greg Polis (Professional hockey)
- Professional hockey. He was born in Westlock (Alberta) on Tueday August 8, 1950 and died in Victoria (British Columbia) on Sunday March 18, 2018 at the age of 67. He is buried at Dapp Cemetery (Alberta).
- Westlock is located 24 miles [38.6 km] to the southeast of Neerlandia.
- Find-A-Grave Memorial: Greg Polis<4>
How Far From Neerlandia to ...
We spend a lot of time looking through Gazetteers, Almanacs & Directories that were published in the late 1800's and early 1900's. Many of the Gazetteers include the distance from a community such as Neerlandia to various places of note, such as Parliament Hill.
With a nod to our favorite Gazetteers, the straight-line distance beginning in Neerlandia and extending to:
- View Our List ...
- Edmonton, which is the Provincial Capital of Alberta, lies 63 miles [101.4 km]<2> to the south southeast (SSE). If you could walk a straight line from Neerlandia to Edmonton, with an average speed<5> of 2.2 miles [3.5 km] per hour, it would take most of three days to make the trip. A horse and buggy averaging 3.2 miles [5.1 km] per hour would take about three full days.
- The National Capital at Parliament Hill (Ottawa, ON) is 1,800 miles [2,896.8 km] to the east (E). Driving, with an average speed of 63 miles [101.4 km] per hour, would take most of three days, a buggy would take 71 days and walking would take 103 days.
- The shortest distance<6> to Jerusalem (specifically the Temple Mount and the Dome of the Rock) is 6,214 miles [10,000.5 km] and it lies to the north northeast (NNE).<7>
- The distance to the Great Mosque of Mecca (specifically the Ka'bah - or Kaaba ) is 6,979 miles [11,231.6 km] and it lies to the north northeast (NNE).<8>
- The distance to Saint Peter's Basilica (The Vatican) is 5,082 miles [8,178.7 km] and it lies to the northeast (NE).<9>
Other Roadside Stops ...
Search for a Alberta Community
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Neerlandia. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for Province of Alberta: https://www.alberta.ca/
|<1>||If we have found a location and have questions about the accuracy of our information, we will simply say that the marker is 'in the vicinity'. We are not confident about the location and the position of our marker is only a rough guide. If we have too many doubts about the location, we will not include it in our database.|
|<2>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' distance. A straight line distance ignores obstructions like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line from Point A (ie- Neerlandia) to Point B.|
If you need the driving distance, we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Neerlandia. Since we usually use Google Maps for our own planning, we've provided the following link: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from Neerlandia
Our distance measurements begin at a specific point in Neerlandia. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 54.3194, Longitude: -114.3769
|<3>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|
|<4>||The Find-a-Grave website is an excellent research tool with information about a cemetery's location and interments. They also offer a forum for their members which can provide additional help. More information about Find-a-Grave can be found on their website: findagrave.com.|
|<5>||While we have tried to pick reasonable speeds, the rate of travel is very theoretical - obstacles like fences, hills, lakes, river crossings and rest stops have been ignored. When we say 'Days' of travel, we're assuming 8 hours of travel per day.|
|<6>||The shortest line can be visualized by stretching a string on a Globe from Point A to Point B - this is known as a Great Circle Route. Where you might expect the shortest route from Neerlandia to the Middle East to be East and South, the Great Circle Route actually lies to the North and East.|
|<7>||The calculated bearing (or angle) to Jerusalem is 334.531 degrees.|
|<8>||The calculated bearing (or angle) to Mecca is 335.618 degrees.|
|<9>||The calculated bearing (or angle) to the Vatican is 321.612 degrees.||