Our Genealogy Helper for Myrnam ...
We have a couple of goals for our Gazetteer:
- That it be a tool which helps us with planning our trips.
- We're trying to shape our Gazetteer as a tool to help us understand the community in which our ancestors lived, the community that was part of their daily lives.
- On our trips, we try to visit those places where our ancestors left their footprints.
By learning about Myrnam (and the surrounding area) during the time that our ancestors lived, we hope to have a better understanding of both their community and its relationship to their lifes. We hope that this tool helps to give us an insight into their world.
As we add data and organize our Gazetteer to help with our family research, we will be adding to this our Genealogical Helper for Myrnam. While we don't have information that is specific to any given person or family, we intend to expand our understanding about where and how people lived.
Websites to Help With Your Genealogy Research ...
When we do our genealogical research, we begin with the websites from Cyndi's List, FamilySearch and Genealogy Trails. These websites offer the information directly or else point to where you can find it. Their information is open to everyone.
To help you get started, the following links will take you to the pages that are relevant to Myrnam:
- Websites specific to Alberta
- Cemetery Information and Directories for Alberta
- Of Special Interest ...
- The GenDisasters website specializes in newspaper articles about tragedies and disasters. While it makes interesting reading all by itself, it should be of special interest to genealogists and family historians looking for people who were either affected by or directly involved in such tragedies.
- Stories from Alberta
Cemeteries Near Myrnam ...
Below are cemeteries that are in the vicinity of Myrnam.
This is a new section and is likely to have errors. If you find an error, such as a missing cemetery or we have the wrong name, please let us know. If you know of them, we would also appreciate learning about previous or alternate names.
If you need information about a burial or interment, photos, transcripts, how to contact the cemetery or local authorities, please visit our selection of Genealogy Websites (see below).
If not found below, our Cemetery List for Myrnam covers a larger area, with the cemeteries listed in alphabetical order.
- Seventh Day Adventist Cemetery
- St. Peter Ukrainian Independent Cemetery
- Bohdan Pokrowa Cemetery
- St. Michael Cemetery
- St. Michael Cemetery
- Beauvallon Seventh Day Adventist Church Cemetery
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the Beauvallon Seventh Day Adventist Church Cemetery
- Beauvallon Seventh Day Adventist Church Cemetery lies 7 miles [11.3 km]<2> to the west of Myrnam.
- Beauvallon Seventh Day Adventist Church Cemetery has also been known as:
- Seventh Day Adventist Cemetery
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Beauvallon Seventh Day Adventist Church Cemetery
- Ascension Ruth Greek Catholic Cemetery
- Elk Point West Cemetery
- Musidora Cemetery
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the Musidora Cemetery
- Musidora Cemetery lies 15 miles [24.1 km]<2> to the west of Myrnam.
- Musidora Cemetery has also been known as:
- St. Dmytry Ukrainian Greek Orthodox Cemetery
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Musidora Cemetery
- Find-A-Grave: FAG ID #2382352<1>
- St. Laurent RC Cemetery
- Two Hills Cemetery
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the Two Hills Cemetery
- Two Hills Cemetery lies 20 miles [32.2 km]<2> to the west of Myrnam.
- Two Hills Cemetery has also been known as:
- Two Hills Community Cemetery
- Two Hills Public Cemetery
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Two Hills Cemetery
- Find-A-Grave: FAG ID #2284767<1>
- Lanuke Ukrainian Presbyterian Cemetery
- Continue List (16 more) ...
- Mannville Cemetery
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the Mannville Cemetery
- The Mannville Cemetery is a large cemetery that is located outside and to the east of Mannville.To be more accurate, Mannville Cemetery lies 22 miles [35.4 km]<2> to the south of Myrnam.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Mannville Cemetery
- Find-A-Grave: FAG ID #2377043<1>
- Ukrainian Catholic Cemetery
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the Ukrainian Catholic Cemetery
- Ukrainian Catholic Cemetery lies 23 miles [37 km]<2> to the north of Myrnam.
- Ukrainian Catholic Cemetery has also been known as:
- Protection of the Blessed Virgin Mary Cemetery
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Ukrainian Catholic Cemetery
- Find-A-Grave: FAG ID #2506733<1>
- St. Paul RC Cemetery
We've also created an expanded list of communities that existed in the 1890's and were located in the area around Myrnam. See our List of 1890's Communities around Myrnam.
Other Roadside Stops ...
Recent Changes to RoadsideThoughts ...
Mentions & References for Myrnam
Index of Cities, Towns and Villages for Alberta
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Myrnam. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for Province of Alberta: https://www.alberta.ca/
|<1>||The Find-a-Grave website is an excellent research tool with information about a cemetery's location and interments. They also offer a forum for their members which can provide additional help. More information about Find-a-Grave can be found on their website: findagrave.com.|
|<2>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'point-to-point' distance. A straight line distance ignores things like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line drawn from Point A (ie- Myrnam) to Point B.If you need the driving distance, we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Myrnam. Since we usually use Google Maps, we've provided the following link: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from MyrnamOur distance measurements begin at a specific point in Myrnam. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 53.6612, Longitude: -111.2289 |