Our Genealogy Helper for Morningside ...
We have a couple of goals for our Gazetteer:
- That it be a tool that can help us with planning our trips.
- That it also helps us to understand the community in which our ancestors lived, the community that was part of their daily lives.
By learning about Morningside (and the surrounding area) during the time that our ancestors lived, we hope to have a better understanding of both their community and its relationship to their lifes. We hope that this tool helps to give us an insight into their world.
As we add data and organize our Gazetteer to help with our family research, we will be adding to this, our Genealogical Helper for Morningside. While we don't have information that is specific to any given person or family, we intend to expand our understanding about where and how people lived.
It's still very early in our research, but as we gather more information it will be added to this page.
Websites to Help With Your Genealogy Research ...
When we do our genealogical research, we first turn to the websites from Cyndi's List, FamilySearch and Genealogy Trails. These websites either offer the information directly or else point to where you can find it. Their information is open to everyone.
To help you get started, the following links will take you to the pages that are relevant to Morningside:
- Websites specific to Alberta
- Cemetery Information and Directories for Alberta
- Of Special Interest ...
- The GenDisasters website specializes in newspaper articles about tragedies and disasters. While it makes interesting reading all by itself, it should be of special interest to genealogists and family historians looking for people who were either affected by or directly involved in such tragedies.
- Stories from Alberta
Cemeteries Near Morningside ...
Below are cemeteries that are in the vicinity of Morningside.
This is a new section and is likely to have errors. If you find an error, such as a missing cemetery or we have the wrong name, please let us know. If you know of them, we would also appreciate learning about previous or alternate names.
If you need information about a burial or interment, photos, transcripts, how to contact the cemetery or local authorities, please visit our selection of Genealogy Websites (see below).
If not found below, our Cemetery List for Morningside covers a larger area, with the cemeteries listed in alphabetical order.
- Forest Home Cemetery
- Fairview Cemetery
- Earlville Rutherford Cemetery
- Trinity Evangelical Lutheran Church Cemetery
- Dakota United Church Cemetery
- Blackfalds Cemetery
- Blackfalds Cemetery lies 14 miles [22.5 km]<1> to the southwest of Morningside.
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the Blackfalds Cemetery
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Blackfalds Cemetery
- Continue List ...
- Tees Cemetery
- Woody Nook Christian Reformed Church Cemetery
- Bentley Cemetery
- The Bentley Cemetery is a large cemetery that is located outside and to the southeast of Bentley.
- To be precise, Bentley Cemetery lies 18 miles [29 km]<1> to the southwest of Morningside.
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the Bentley Cemetery
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Bentley Cemetery
- Find-A-Grave: FAG ID #2414665<2>
- Bentley Seventh Day Adventist Cemetery
- The Bentley Seventh Day Adventist Cemetery is located 2 miles [3.2 km]<1> to the north of Bentley.
- More accurately, Bentley Seventh Day Adventist Cemetery lies 19 miles [30.6 km] to the southwest of Morningside.
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the Bentley Seventh Day Adventist Cemetery
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Bentley Seventh Day Adventist Cemetery
- Bentley Colony Cemetery
- The Bentley Colony Cemetery is located 4 miles [6.4 km]<1> to the northwest of Bentley.
- To be more precise, Bentley Colony Cemetery lies 19 miles [30.6 km] to the southwest of Morningside.
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the Bentley Colony Cemetery
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Bentley Colony Cemetery
- Calumet Cemetery
- Calumet Cemetery lies 19 miles [30.6 km]<1> to the east of Morningside.
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the Calumet Cemetery
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Calumet Cemetery
- Aspelund Cemetery
- The Aspelund Cemetery is located 9 miles [14.5 km]<1> to the southeast of Red Deer.
- To be precise, Aspelund Cemetery lies 20 miles [32.2 km] to the southwest of Morningside.
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the Aspelund Cemetery
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Aspelund Cemetery
- Find-A-Grave: FAG ID #2500225<2>
- Mt. Calvary RC Cemetery
- Alto Reste Cemetery
- The Alto Reste Cemetery is a large cemetery that is located outside and to the east of Red Deer.
- To be more precise, Alto Reste Cemetery lies 21 miles [33.8 km]<1> to the south of Morningside.
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the Alto Reste Cemetery
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Alto Reste Cemetery
- Find-A-Grave: FAG ID #2131209<2>
We've also created an expanded list of communities that existed in the 1890's and were located in the area around Morningside. See our List of 1890's Communities around Morningside.
Other Roadside Stops ...
Search for a Community located in Alberta
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Morningside. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for Province of Alberta: https://www.alberta.ca/
|<1>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' distance. A straight line distance ignores things like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line from Point A (ie- Morningside) to Point B.|
If you need the driving distance, we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Morningside. Since we usually use Google Maps, we've provided the following link for your convenience: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from Morningside
Our distance measurements begin at a specific point in Morningside. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 52.5833, Longitude: -113.6333
|<2>||The Find-a-Grave website is an excellent research tool with information about a cemetery's location and interments. They also offer a forum for their members which can provide additional help. More information about Find-a-Grave can be found on their website: findagrave.com.|