Our Genealogy Helper for Meeting Creek ...
We have a couple of goals for our Gazetteer:
- That it be a tool that can help us with planning our trips.
- That it also helps us to understand the community in which our ancestors lived, the community that was part of their daily lives.
By learning about Meeting Creek (and the surrounding area) during the time that our ancestors lived, we hope to have a better understanding of both their community and its relationship to their lifes. We hope that this tool helps to give us an insight into their world.
As we add data and organize our Gazetteer to help with our family research, we will be adding to this, our Genealogical Helper for Meeting Creek. While we don't have information that is specific to any given person or family, we intend to expand our understanding about where and how people lived.
Name Variations for Meeting Creek ...
When searching records, keep in mind that names and their spelling can change over time. Our sources include documents like maps, railroad schedules, Travel, Express and Shipping Guides. Many of these documents date from the 1800's and it's common to find spelling differences.
Although we can't give a definitive list, hopefully the following will give you a feel for the variations that might have occurred.
For example, a typical abbreviation for Meeting Creek: Meeting Crk. (or less commonly used: Meeting Ck. or Meeting Cr.)
If you have information about these names (such as the reason for the change, date of change, the origin of the name), please Contact Us.
Websites to Help With Your Genealogy Research ...
When we do our genealogical research, we first visit the websites from Cyndi's List, FamilySearch and Genealogy Trails. These websites offer the information directly or else point to where you can find it. Their information is open to everyone.
To help you get started, the following links will take you to the pages that are relevant to Meeting Creek:
- Websites specific to Alberta
- Cemetery Information and Directories for Alberta
- Of Special Interest ...
- The GenDisasters website specializes in newspaper articles about tragedies and disasters. While it makes interesting reading all by itself, it should be of special interest to genealogists and family historians looking for people who were either affected by or directly involved in such tragedies.
- Stories from Alberta
Cemeteries Near Meeting Creek ...
Below are cemeteries that are in the vicinity of Meeting Creek.
This is a new section and is likely to have errors. If you find an error, such as a missing cemetery or we have the wrong name, please let us know. If you know of them, we would also appreciate learning about previous or alternate names.
If you need information about a burial or interment, photos, transcripts, how to contact the cemetery or local authorities, please visit our selection of Genealogy Websites (see below).
If not found below, our Cemetery List for Meeting Creek covers a larger area, with the cemeteries listed in alphabetical order.
- Meeting Creek Cemetery
- Littlerock Cemetery
- Ferry Point Church Cemetery
- Bethany Lutheran Church Cemetery
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the Bethany Lutheran Church Cemetery
- Bethany Lutheran Church Cemetery lies 6 miles [9.7 km]<2> to the east of Meeting Creek.
- Bethany Lutheran Church Cemetery has also been known as:
- Bethany Evangelical Lutheran Church Cemetery
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Bethany Lutheran Church Cemetery
- Find-A-Grave: FAG ID #2410015<1>
- Lakeview Cemetery
- Fridhem Cemetery
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the Fridhem Cemetery
- The Fridhem Cemetery is located 4 miles [6.4 km]<2> to the west of Ferintosh.More accurately, Fridhem Cemetery lies 7 miles [11.3 km] to the northwest of Meeting Creek.
- Fridhem Cemetery has also been known as:
- Fridhem Baptist Cemetery
- Fridhem Baptist Church Cemetery
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Fridhem Cemetery
- Find-A-Grave: FAG ID #2145013<1>
- Continue List ...
- Dorenlee Cemetery
- Donalda Cemetery
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the Donalda Cemetery
- The Donalda Cemetery is a large cemetery that is located outside and to the south of Donalda.Donalda Cemetery lies 10 miles [16.1 km]<2> to the southeast of Meeting Creek.
- Donalda Cemetery has also been known as:
- Donalda Village Cemetery
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Donalda Cemetery
- Find-A-Grave: FAG ID #2454924<1>
- Melville Cemetery
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the Melville Cemetery
- The Melville Cemetery is located 2 miles [3.2 km]<2> to the north of Kelsey.To be precise, Melville Cemetery lies 10 miles [16.1 km] to the northeast of Meeting Creek.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Melville Cemetery
- Bashaw Cemetery
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the Bashaw Cemetery
- Bashaw Cemetery lies 12 miles [19.3 km]<2> to the southwest of Meeting Creek.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Bashaw Cemetery
- Dried Meat Lake Cemetery
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the Dried Meat Lake Cemetery
- Dried Meat Lake Cemetery lies 13 miles [20.9 km]<2> to the north of Meeting Creek.
- Dried Meat Lake Cemetery has also been known as:
- Dried Meat Lake United Church Cemetery
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Dried Meat Lake Cemetery
- Spruce Coulee Cemetery
- Rosalind Cemetery
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the Rosalind Cemetery
- Rosalind Cemetery lies 14 miles [22.5 km]<2> to the northeast of Meeting Creek.
- Rosalind Cemetery has also been known as:
- St. Elizabeth of Prague Catholic Cemetery
- St. Elizabeth of Prague Cemetery
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Rosalind Cemetery
- Find-A-Grave: FAG ID #2435765<1>
- St. Peter's Lutheran Cemetery
- Green View Cemetery
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the Green View Cemetery
- Green View Cemetery lies 16 miles [25.7 km]<2> to the northeast of Meeting Creek.
- Green View Cemetery has also been known as:
- Green View / Rosalind United Church Cemetery
- Greenview Cemetery
- Rosalind United Church Cemetery
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Green View Cemetery
- Find-A-Grave: FAG ID #2402527<1>
We've also created an expanded list of communities that existed in the 1890's and were located in the area around Meeting Creek. See our List of 1890's Communities around Meeting Creek.
Other Roadside Stops ...
Cities, Towns and Villages of Alberta
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Meeting Creek. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for Province of Alberta: https://www.alberta.ca/
|<1>||The Find-a-Grave website is an excellent research tool with information about a cemetery's location and interments. They also offer a forum for their members which can provide additional help. More information about Find-a-Grave can be found on their website: findagrave.com.|
|<2>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'point-to-point' distance. A straight line distance ignores obstructions like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line drawn from Point A (ie- Meeting Creek) to Point B.If you need the driving distance (or directions), we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Meeting Creek. Since we usually use Google Maps, we've provided the following link for your convenience: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from Meeting CreekOur distance measurements begin at a specific point in Meeting Creek. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 52.6821, Longitude: -112.7306 |