Our Genealogy Helper for Meanook ...
We have a couple of goals for our Gazetteer:
- That it be a tool that can help us with planning our trips.
- That it also helps us to understand the community in which our ancestors lived, the community that was part of their daily lives.
By learning about Meanook (and the surrounding area) during the time that our ancestors lived, we hope to have a better understanding of both their community and its relationship to their lifes. We hope that this tool helps to give us an insight into their world.
As we add data and organize our Gazetteer to help with our family research, we will be adding to this, our Genealogical Helper for Meanook. While we don't have information that is specific to any given person or family, we intend to expand our understanding about where and how people lived.
It's still very early in our research, but as we gather more information it will be added to this page.
Websites to Help With Your Genealogy Research ...
When we do our genealogical research, we first turn to the websites from Cyndi's List, FamilySearch and Genealogy Trails. These websites offer the information directly or else point to where you can find it. Their information is open to everyone.
To help you get started, the following links will take you to the pages that are relevant to Meanook:
- Websites specific to Alberta
- Cemetery Information and Directories for Alberta
- Of Special Interest ...
- The GenDisasters website specializes in newspaper articles about tragedies and disasters. While it makes interesting reading all by itself, it should be of special interest to genealogists and family historians looking for people who were either affected by or directly involved in such tragedies.
- Stories from Alberta
Cemeteries Near Meanook ...
Below are cemeteries that are in the vicinity of Meanook.
This is a new section and is likely to have errors. If you find an error, such as a missing cemetery or we have the wrong name, please let us know. If you know of them, we would also appreciate learning about previous or alternate names.
If you need information about a burial or interment, photos, transcripts, how to contact the cemetery or local authorities, please visit our selection of Genealogy Websites (see below).
If not found below, our Cemetery List for Meanook covers a larger area, with the cemeteries listed in alphabetical order.
- Meanook Cemetery
- St. Alban Cemetery
- Athabasca Municipal Cemetery
- Cash Creek Cemetery
- Ferguson District Cemetery
- Peaceful Pines Cemetery
- Continue List ...
- Jordan W. Murphy Cemetery
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the Jordan W. Murphy Cemetery
- Jordan W. Murphy Cemetery lies 17 miles [27.4 km]<2> to the northeast of Meanook.
- Jordan W. Murphy Cemetery has also been known as:
- Amber Valley Cemetery
- Amber Valley / Jordan W. Murphy Cemetery
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Jordan W. Murphy Cemetery
- Find-A-Grave: FAG ID #2302070<1>
- Boyle Municipal Cemetery
- St. Alphonsus RC Cemetery
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the St. Alphonsus RC Cemetery
- St. Alphonsus RC Cemetery lies 18 miles [29 km]<2> to the east of Meanook.
- St. Alphonsus RC Cemetery has also been known as:
- St. Alphonsus Cemetery
- St. Alphonsus RC Cemetery
- Jump to Google Maps centered on St. Alphonsus RC Cemetery
- Tawatinaw Cemetery
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the Tawatinaw Cemetery
- Note: We haven't been able to verify our GPS coordinates for the Tawatinaw Cemetery. Although the coordinates have been estimated, they should be in the vicinity.<3>
- Tawatinaw Cemetery lies 20 miles [32.2 km]<2> to the south of Meanook.
- Tawatinaw Cemetery has also been known as:
- St. Charles Borromeo Cemetery
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Tawatinaw Cemetery
- Newbrook Community Cemetery
- Donatville RC Cemetery
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the Donatville RC Cemetery
- Donatville RC Cemetery lies 24 miles [38.6 km]<2> to the northeast of Meanook.
- Donatville RC Cemetery has also been known as:
- Donatville Cemetery
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Donatville RC Cemetery
- Abee Cemetery
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the Abee Cemetery
- Note: We haven't been able to verify our GPS coordinates for the Abee Cemetery. Although the coordinates have been estimated, they should be in the vicinity.<3>
- The Abee Cemetery is located outside and to the southwest of Abee.Abee Cemetery lies 26 miles [41.8 km]<2> to the southeast of Meanook.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Abee Cemetery
- Jarvie Cemetery
- Holy Spirit Ukrainian Catholic Cemetery
We've also created an expanded list of communities that existed in the 1890's and were located in the area around Meanook. See our List of 1890's Communities around Meanook.
Other Roadside Stops ...
Index of Cities, Towns and Villages for Alberta
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Meanook. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for Province of Alberta: https://www.alberta.ca/
|<1>||The Find-a-Grave website is an excellent research tool with information about a cemetery's location and interments. They also offer a forum for their members which can provide additional help. More information about Find-a-Grave can be found on their website: findagrave.com.|
|<2>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' (or point-to-point) distance. A straight line distance ignores things like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line from Point A (ie- Meanook) to Point B.|
If you need the driving distance, we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Meanook. Since we usually use Google Maps, we've provided the following link: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from Meanook
Our distance measurements begin at a specific point in Meanook. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 54.5785, Longitude: -113.3230
|<3>||An 'estimated' location is one where we have been given GPS coordinates, but are unable to verify the accuracy of those coordinates. That said, we have some confidence that we have placed the marker near the actual location. A typical reason for being unable to verify a location is that it might be on private property or maybe historic and gone without an obvious trace.|