Around Marina ...
The largest community within a 50 mile [80 km] radius is Poplar Ridge. It is located about 40 miles [64 km] to the south of Marina.
The next largest community is Hines Creek.
It is located about 28 miles [ km] to the southeast of Marina
Below is a sample of neighboring communities: Keep in mind that when we give a distance, it's a 'straight-line' distance starting from Marina.<2>
- Bear Canyon
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Bear Canyon
- Bear Canyon lies 30 miles [48.3 km]<2> to the southwest of Marina
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Bear Canyon came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<3>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Bear Canyon
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Cleardale
- Cleardale lies 14 miles [22.5 km]<2> to the southwest of Marina
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Cleardale
- Eureka River
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Eureka River
- Eureka River lies 18 miles [29 km]<2> to the east of Marina
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Eureka River came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<3>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Eureka River
- Hines Creek
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Hines Creek
- Hines Creek lies 28 miles [45.1 km]<2> to the southeast of Marina
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Hines Creek
- Poplar Ridge
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Poplar Ridge
- Poplar Ridge lies 40 miles [64.4 km]<2> to the south of Marina
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Poplar Ridge came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<3>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Poplar Ridge
- Silver Valley
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Silver Valley
- Silver Valley lies 24 miles [38.6 km]<2> to the south of Marina
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Silver Valley came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<3>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Silver Valley
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Worsley
- Worsley lies 2 miles [3.2 km]<2> to the east of Marina
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Worsley
Curious and Interesting Names Near Marina ...
It seems like there is always a nearby community with a name that seems interesting, maybe familiar or just catches our attention in some other way. We've collected some names which strike us as being curious or interesting. Our list can be found on the Tidbits & Trivia Page for Marina.
Airports Near Marina ...
When a trip includes a flight, we try to find an airport that best fits our travel plans.<4> To that purpose, we've assembled a list of that are relatively close to Marina and that information can be found on the Airports Page for Marina.
Websites We Enjoy ...
When we're planning a trip, we like to check the following websites for sights, attractions and places to visit.
- For the Province of Alberta:
- TripAdvisor Links for:
- Also of Interest:
Other Roadside Stops ...
Search for a Alberta Community
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Marina. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for Province of Alberta: https://www.alberta.ca/
|<1>||Unless noted otherwise, the population counts we use should be considered estimates. Our population values for Marina were taken from various sources and although they can be traced back to Statistics Canada (StatCan), they should not be considered official.|
|<2>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'point-to-point' distance. A straight line distance ignores things like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line drawn from Point A (ie- Marina) to Point B.Our distance measurements begin at a specific point in Marina. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 56.5000, Longitude: -119.2000 |
|<3>||If we have found a location and have questions about the accuracy of our information, we will simply say that the marker is 'in the vicinity'. We are not confident about the location and the position of our marker is only a rough guide. If we have too many doubts about the location, we will not include it in our database.|
|<4>||When we are planning a trip (for example, to Marina), we usually look for the obvious: the choice of airlines that fly into the airport, the number of flights, the connections we have to make, which car rentals are available, etc. We also look for sights and attractions that we might find between any given airport and our destination - we do love exploring. We're willing to fly into a more distant airport if we can get the services and amenities that we like. Even though our choice of airport might be inconvenient to others, it usually gives us a better trip.|