Around Lone Star ...
The largest community within a 50 mile [80 km] radius is Peace River. It is located about 34 miles [54 km] to the southeast of Lone Star.
The next largest community is Grimshaw.
It is located about 35 miles [ km] to the south of Lone Star
Below is a sample of nearby communities: Keep in mind that when we give a distance, it's a 'straight-line' distance .<2>
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Deadwood
- Deadwood lies 7 miles [11.3 km]<2> to the east of Lone Star
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Deadwood
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Dixonville
- Dixonville lies 11 miles [17.7 km]<2> to the south of Lone Star
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Dixonville
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Hotchkiss came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<4>
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Hotchkiss
- Hotchkiss lies 25 miles [40.2 km]<2> to the north of Lone Star
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Hotchkiss
- Continue List (5 more) ...
- North Star
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for North Star
- North Star lies 10 miles [16.1 km]<2> to the north of Lone Star
- Jump to Google Maps centered on North Star
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Notikewin came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<4>
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Notikewin
- Notikewin lies 19 miles [30.6 km]<2> to the north of Lone Star
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Notikewin
- Peace River
- Saint Isidore
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Saint Isidore came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<4>
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Saint Isidore
- Saint Isidore lies 40 miles [64.4 km]<2> to the southeast of Lone Star
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Saint Isidore
- Shaftesbury Settlement
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Shaftesbury Settlement
- Shaftesbury Settlement lies 38 miles [61.2 km]<2> to the south of Lone Star
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Shaftesbury Settlement
Curious and Interesting Names Near Lone Star ...
It seems like there is always a nearby community with a name that seems interesting, maybe familiar or just catches our attention in some other way. We've collected some names which strike us as being curious or interesting. Our list can be found on the Tidbits & Trivia Page for Lone Star.
Airports Near Lone Star ...
When a trip includes a flight, we try to find an airport that best fits our travel plans.<5> To that purpose, we've assembled a list of that are relatively close to Lone Star and that information can be found on the Airports Page for Lone Star.
Websites We Enjoy ...
When we're planning a trip, we like to check the following websites for sights, attractions and places to visit.
- For the Province of Alberta:
- TripAdvisor Links for:
- Also of Interest:
Other Roadside Stops ...
Find a Community located in Alberta
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Lone Star. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for Province of Alberta: https://www.alberta.ca/
|<1>||Unless noted otherwise, the population counts we use should be considered estimates. Our population values for Lone Star were taken from various sources and although they can be traced back to Statistics Canada (StatCan), they should not be considered official.|
|<2>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'point-to-point' distance. A straight line distance ignores obstructions like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line from Point A (ie- Lone Star) to Point B.|
Our distance measurements begin at a specific point in Lone Star. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 56.7000, Longitude: -117.6500
|<3>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|
|<4>||If we have found a location and have questions about the accuracy of our information, we will simply say that the marker is 'in the vicinity'. We are not confident about the location and the position of our marker is only a rough guide. If we have too many doubts about the location, we will not include it in our database.|
|<5>||When we are planning a trip (for example, to Lone Star), we usually look for the obvious: the choice of airlines that fly into the airport, the number of flights, the connections we have to make, which car rentals are available, etc. We also look for sights and attractions that we might find between any given airport and our destination - we do love exploring. We're willing to fly into a more distant airport if we can get the services and amenities that we like. Even though our choice of airport might be inconvenient to others, it usually gives us a better trip.|