Communities Also Named Little Buffalo ...
We have found two communities that share the name Little Buffalo.
Within Alberta, the name Little Buffalo is unique.
Beyond Alberta, we know of another two communities that are located throughout in Canada and the United States. Of these two communities, one is located in Canada and the other in the United States.
- Communities Elsewhere In North America ...
- Newton County
- This community is historic<1> and we have very little information. For the information that we do have, please visit our profile page for the Arkansas community of Little Buffalo [Newton County].
- This Little Buffalo lies 1,842 miles [2,964.4 km]<2> to the east southeast.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Little Buffalo
Curious and Interesting Names Near Little Buffalo ...
As we travel, we always see a community with a name that gives pause. While there are names which are interesting or familiar, some catch our attention or strike our fancy. We always wonder about such a name. If time permits and the community is not too far, we'll usually try to make a side-trip.
- Chinook Valley
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Chinook Valley came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<3>
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Chinook Valley
- Chinook Valley lies 37 miles [59.5 km]<2> to the west of Little Buffalo
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Chinook Valley
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Deadwood
- Deadwood lies 38 miles [61.2 km]<2> to the northwest of Little Buffalo
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Deadwood
- East Peace
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for East Peace came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<3>
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for East Peace
- East Peace lies 10 miles [16.1 km]<2> to the east of Little Buffalo
- Jump to Google Maps centered on East Peace
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Judah came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<3>
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Judah
- Judah lies 33 miles [53.1 km]<2> to the southwest of Little Buffalo
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Judah
- Continue List (3 more) ...
- Peace River
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Springburn came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<3>
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Springburn
- Springburn lies 35 miles [56.3 km]<2> to the south of Little Buffalo
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Springburn
- Three Creeks
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Three Creeks came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<3>
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Three Creeks
- Three Creeks lies 17 miles [27.4 km]<2> to the west of Little Buffalo
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Three Creeks
How Far From Little Buffalo to ...
We spend a lot of time looking through Gazetteers & Almanacs that were published in the late 1800's and early 1900's. Many of the Gazetteers include the distance from a community such as Little Buffalo to various places of note, such as Parliament Hill.
With a nod to our favorite Gazetteers, the straight-line distance beginning in Little Buffalo and extending to:
- View Our List ...
- Edmonton, which is the Provincial Capital of Alberta, lies 233 miles [375 km]<2> to the south southeast (SSE). If you could drive a straight line from Little Buffalo to Edmonton, with an average speed<5>of 63 miles [101.4 km] per hour, it would take nearly four hours to make the trip. A comfortable walk of 2.2 miles [3.5 km] per hour would take 14 days. A horse and buggy averaging 3.2 miles [5.1 km] per hour would take 10 days.
- The National Capital at Parliament Hill (Ottawa, ON) is 1,901 miles [3,059.4 km] to the east (E). Driving would take three full days, a buggy would take 75 days and walking would take 108 days.
- The shortest distance<6> to Jerusalem (specifically the Temple Mount and the Dome of the Rock) is 6,118 miles [9,846 km] and it lies to the north northeast (NNE).<7>
- The distance to the Great Mosque of Mecca (specifically the Ka'bah - or Kaaba ) is 6,881 miles [11,073.9 km] and it lies to the north northeast (NNE).<8>
- The distance to Saint Peter's Basilica (The Vatican) is 5,021 miles [8,080.5 km] and it lies to the northeast (NE).<9>
Other Roadside Stops ...
Find a Community located in Alberta
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Little Buffalo. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for Province of Alberta: https://www.alberta.ca/
|<1>||We use the term 'Historic' broadly and it generally means that the community no longer exists. However, it can also mean that the community might still exist, but was significantly larger or had a more 'official' existence in the past than it does now. Unfortunately our sources of data have proven to be unreliable. If you can provide us with more specific information about Little Buffalo, please let us know so that we can improve our accuracy.|
|<2>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'point-to-point' distance. A straight line distance ignores obstructions like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line drawn from Point A (ie- Little Buffalo) to Point B.|
If you need the driving distance (or directions), we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Little Buffalo. Since we usually use Google Maps, we've provided the following link for your convenience: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from Little Buffalo
Our distance measurements begin at a specific point in Little Buffalo. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 56.4220, Longitude: -116.6238
|<3>||If we have found a location and have questions about the accuracy of our information, we will simply say that the marker is 'in the vicinity'. We are not confident about the location and the position of our marker is only a rough guide. If we have too many doubts about the location, we will not include it in our database.|
|<4>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|
|<5>||While we have tried to pick reasonable speeds, the rate of travel is very theoretical - obstacles like fences, hills, lakes, river crossings and rest stops have been ignored. When we say 'Days' of travel, we're assuming 8 hours of travel per day.|
|<6>||The shortest line can be visualized by stretching a string on a Globe from Point A to Point B - this is known as a Great Circle Route. Where you might expect the shortest route from Little Buffalo to the Middle East to be East and South, the Great Circle Route actually lies to the North and East.|
|<7>||The calculated bearing (or angle) to Jerusalem is 336.356 degrees.|
|<8>||The calculated bearing (or angle) to Mecca is 337.834 degrees.|
|<9>||The calculated bearing (or angle) to the Vatican is 322.766 degrees.||