Welcome to East Peace ...
Although we found mention of East Peace during our research, we really don't have any information about it.<1> Given the context of how East Peace was mentioned, we believe that it was a community rather than some type of landmark. We have done a cursory search and if it's a community, we haven't been able to find any evidence that it still exists..
We've added East Peace to our Gazetteer with the hope that we can develop more information. If you can help us with East Peace, please Contact Us.
A typical abbreviation for East Peace: E. Peace
Time Zone: The area where we believe that East Peace might be (or was) located is in the Mountain Time Zone (MST/MDT) and observes daylight saving time. The time zone in French: MST- Heure Normale des Rocheuses (HNR), MDT- Heure Avancée des Rocheuses (HAR).
We believe that East Peace would be found within the (780) and (587)<2> area codes.
Communities near East Peace ...
We have created a list of 8 communities that are near East Peace.
- Little Buffalo
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Little Buffalo came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<3>
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Little Buffalo
- Little Buffalo lies 10 miles [16.1 km]<4> to the west of East Peace
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Little Buffalo
- Saint Isidore
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Saint Isidore came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<3>
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Saint Isidore
- Saint Isidore lies 33 miles [53.1 km]<4> to the southwest of East Peace
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Saint Isidore
- Peace River
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Nampa came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<3>
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Nampa
- Nampa lies 41 miles [66 km]<4> to the southwest of East Peace
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Nampa
- Continue List (4 more) ...
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Reno
- Reno lies 41 miles [66 km]<4> to the southwest of East Peace
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Reno
- Red Earth Creek
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Red Earth Creek
- Red Earth Creek lies 42 miles [67.6 km]<4> to the east of East Peace
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Red Earth Creek
- Shaftesbury Settlement
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Shaftesbury Settlement
- Shaftesbury Settlement lies 46 miles [74 km]<4> to the southwest of East Peace
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Shaftesbury Settlement
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Dixonville
- Dixonville lies 50 miles [80.5 km]<4> to the west of East Peace
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Dixonville
TripAdvisor Tourism Pages for East Peace ...
Looking for more information about East Peace? A wonderful source is the TripAdvisor website. We always start with the TripAdvisor Tourism page, where you can read an overview with links that will help you find lodging, restaurants and attractions.
While we are unaware of a Tourism page that is specific to East Peace, there are neighboring communities that do have Tourism pages. A map of those communities can be found with our TripAdvisor Page for East Peace.
Other Roadside Stops ...
Visit our Community Index for Alberta
Off-the-Road Links ...
The official website for Province of Alberta: https://www.alberta.ca/
|<1>||If we encounter the name of what might be a community, our methodology is to add that name to our Gazetteer. For example, we might find a sentence like "He went south past East Peace and then turned west". While East Peace could be some kind of landmark, we think that it's more likely to be a community. We've added East Peace as a placeholder with the hope that we'll be able to add more information in the future.|
Just as a reminder: Our definition of a community is rather broad and includes those places (or areas) where several families lived and had a name which identified that place. For example, you might hear somebody say that they are going over to Miller Creek to see Pete ... Miller Creek is just a gas station and a couple of homes at the crossroads. While it might not be on the map, everybody in the area knows it by that name.
Places of interest include buildings at a crossroad, several families clustered in a hollow or maybe the location of a way station. It also includes places like mines, lumber camps, ferry crossings, etc. The community might still exist, is now gone or only existed for just a short period of time.
Also keep in mind that East Peace could have been on the original document by mistake, misspelled, the original/alternate name of a community that we've listed elsewhere or was placed in the wrong . Sometimes a post office or train station would have a different name than the community where it's located, so two names might be referring to the same community - we're working to straighten it all out.
|<2>||Area code (587) is an overlay for area code (780).|
|<3>||If we have found a location and have questions about the accuracy of our information, we will simply say that the marker is 'in the vicinity'. We are not confident about the location and the position of our marker is only a rough guide. If we have too many doubts about the location, we will not include it in our database.|
|<4>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' (or point-to-point) distance. A straight line distance ignores things like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line drawn from Point A (ie- East Peace) to Point B.|
Our distance measurements begin at a specific point in East Peace. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 56.4707, Longitude: -116.3643
|<5>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|