Curious and Interesting Names Near Lindbrook ...
As we travel, we always see a community with a name that gives pause. While there are names which are interesting or familiar, some catch our attention or strike our fancy. We always wonder about such a name. If time permits and the community is not too far, we'll usually try to make a side-trip.
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Chipman came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<1>
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Chipman
- Chipman lies 22 miles [35.4 km]<2> to the north of Lindbrook
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Chipman
- Cooking Lake
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Cooking Lake
- Cooking Lake lies 12 miles [19.3 km]<2> to the west of Lindbrook
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Cooking Lake
- Half Moon Lake
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Half Moon Lake
- Half Moon Lake lies 12 miles [19.3 km]<2> to the west of Lindbrook
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Half Moon Lake
- Hay Lakes
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Hay Lakes
- Hay Lakes lies 17 miles [27.4 km]<2> to the southwest of Lindbrook
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Hay Lakes
- Continue List (5 more) ...
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Hercules came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<1>
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Hercules
- Hercules lies 21 miles [33.8 km]<2> to the west of Lindbrook
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Hercules
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Poe came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<1>
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Poe
- Poe lies 21 miles [33.8 km]<2> to the southeast of Lindbrook
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Poe
- Rolly View
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Rolly View came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<1>
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Rolly View
- Rolly View lies 23 miles [37 km]<2> to the southwest of Lindbrook
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Rolly View
- Round Hill
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Round Hill
- Round Hill lies 18 miles [29 km]<2> to the southeast of Lindbrook
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Round Hill
Notable Births & Deaths ...
This is a new section for us and we are still collecting data.
Below is our list of notable people who were born, died or were buried in the area surrounding Lindbrook. Please note that while we are collecting data on an ongoing basis, it's a big task and it's unlikely that our list will ever be more than a sample.
- View Our List ...
- Gordon Lynn Strate (Professional hockey)
- Professional hockey. He was born in Edmonton (Alberta) on Tueday May 28, 1935 and died in Sherwood Park (Alberta) on Wednesday September 5, 2012 at the age of 77. He is buried at Glenwood Memorial Gardens (Alberta).
- Edmonton is located 30 miles [48.3 km] to the west of Lindbrook.
- Sherwood Park is located 21 miles [33.8 km] to the northwest of Lindbrook.
- Find-A-Grave Memorial: Gordon Lynn Strate<4>
How Far From Lindbrook to ...
We spend a lot of time looking through Gazetteers, Almanacs & Directories that were published in the late 1800's and early 1900's. Many of the Gazetteers include the distance from a community such as Lindbrook to various places of note, such as Parliament Hill.
With a nod to our favorite Gazetteers, the straight-line distance beginning in Lindbrook and extending to:
- View Our List ...
- Edmonton, which is the Provincial Capital of Alberta, lies 30 miles [48.3 km]<2> to the west northwest (WNW). If you could walk a straight line from Lindbrook to Edmonton, with an average speed<5> of 2.2 miles [3.5 km] per hour, it would take most of two days to make the trip. A horse and buggy averaging 3.2 miles [5.1 km] per hour would take just over a day.
- The National Capital at Parliament Hill (Ottawa, ON) is 1,733 miles [2,789 km] to the east (E). Driving, with an average speed of 63 miles [101.4 km] per hour, would take most of three days, a buggy would take 68 days and walking would take 99 days.
- The shortest distance<6> to Jerusalem (specifically the Temple Mount and the Dome of the Rock) is 6,243 miles [10,047.1 km] and it lies to the north northeast (NNE).<7>
- The distance to the Great Mosque of Mecca (specifically the Ka'bah - or Kaaba ) is 7,010 miles [11,281.5 km] and it lies to the north northeast (NNE).<8>
- The distance to Saint Peter's Basilica (The Vatican) is 5,092 miles [8,194.8 km] and it lies to the northeast (NE).<9>
Other Roadside Stops ...
Index of Cities, Towns and Villages for Alberta
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Lindbrook. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for Province of Alberta: https://www.alberta.ca/
|<1>||If we have found a location and have questions about the accuracy of our information, we will simply say that the marker is 'in the vicinity'. We are not confident about the location and the position of our marker is only a rough guide. If we have too many doubts about the location, we will not include it in our database.|
|<2>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' distance. A straight line distance ignores obstructions like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line from Point A (ie- Lindbrook) to Point B.|
If you need the driving distance (or directions), we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Lindbrook. Since we usually use Google Maps for our own planning, we've provided the following link: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from Lindbrook
Our distance measurements begin at a specific point in Lindbrook. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 53.4000, Longitude: -112.8167
|<3>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|
|<4>||The Find-a-Grave website is an excellent research tool with information about a cemetery's location and interments. They also offer a forum for their members which can provide additional help. More information about Find-a-Grave can be found on their website: findagrave.com.|
|<5>||While we have tried to pick reasonable speeds, the rate of travel is very theoretical - obstacles like fences, hills, lakes, river crossings and rest stops have been ignored. When we say 'Days' of travel, we're assuming 8 hours of travel per day.|
|<6>||The shortest line can be visualized by stretching a string on a Globe from Point A to Point B - this is known as a Great Circle Route. Where you might expect the shortest route from Lindbrook to the Middle East to be East and South, the Great Circle Route actually lies to the North and East.|
|<7>||The calculated bearing (or angle) to Jerusalem is 333.267 degrees.|
|<8>||The calculated bearing (or angle) to Mecca is 334.114 degrees.|
|<9>||The calculated bearing (or angle) to the Vatican is 320.731 degrees.||