Our Genealogy Helper for Larkspur ...
We have a couple of goals for our Gazetteer:
- That it be a tool which helps us with planning our trips.
- We're trying to shape our Gazetteer as a tool to help us understand the community in which our ancestors lived, the community that was part of their daily lives.
- On our trips, we try to visit those places where our ancestors left their footprints.
By learning about Larkspur (and the surrounding area) during the time that our ancestors lived, we hope to have a better understanding of both their community and its relationship to their lifes. We hope that this tool helps to give us an insight into their world.
As we add data and organize our Gazetteer to help with our family research, we will be adding to this our Genealogical Helper for Larkspur. While we don't have information that is specific to any given person or family, we intend to expand our understanding about where and how people lived.
Websites to Help With Your Genealogy Research ...
When we do our genealogical research, we first visit the websites from Cyndi's List, FamilySearch and Genealogy Trails. These websites either offer the information directly or else point to where you can find it. Their information is open to everyone.
To help you get started, the following links will take you to the pages that are relevant to Larkspur:
- Websites specific to Alberta
- Cemetery Information and Directories for Alberta
- Of Special Interest ...
- The GenDisasters website specializes in newspaper articles about tragedies and disasters. While it makes interesting reading all by itself, it should be of special interest to genealogists and family historians looking for people who were either affected by or directly involved in such tragedies.
- At this time (Dec 2022), GenDisasters website is currently offline due to a hacker attack. Hopefully they will be back soon.
- Stories from Alberta
Cemeteries Near Larkspur ...
Below are cemeteries that are in the vicinity of Larkspur.
This is a new section and is likely to have errors. If you find an error, such as a missing cemetery or we have the wrong name, please let us know. If you know of them, we would also appreciate learning about previous or alternate names.
If you need information about a burial or interment, photos, transcripts, how to contact the cemetery or local authorities, please visit our selection of Genealogy Websites (see below).
If not found below, our Cemetery List for Larkspur covers a larger area, with the cemeteries listed in alphabetical order.
- Dapp Cemetery
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the Dapp Cemetery
- Dapp Cemetery lies 8 miles [12.9 km]<1> to the southwest of Larkspur.
- Dapp Cemetery has also been known as:
- Dapp Community Cemetery
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Dapp Cemetery
- Find-A-Grave: FAG ID #2382064<2>
- Jarvie Cemetery
- Peaceful Pines Cemetery
- Tawatinaw Cemetery
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the Tawatinaw Cemetery
- Note: We haven't been able to verify our GPS coordinates for the Tawatinaw Cemetery. Although the coordinates have been estimated, they should be in the vicinity.<3>
- Tawatinaw Cemetery lies 16 miles [25.7 km]<1> to the southeast of Larkspur.
- Tawatinaw Cemetery has also been known as:
- St. Charles Borromeo Cemetery
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Tawatinaw Cemetery
- St. Francis Xavier Roman Catholic (RC) Cemetery
- Westlock Town Cemetery
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the Westlock Town Cemetery
- Westlock Town Cemetery lies 20 miles [32.2 km]<1> to the south of Larkspur.
- Westlock Town Cemetery has also been known as:
- Westlock Town Cemetery
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Westlock Town Cemetery
- Find-A-Grave: FAG ID #2353171<2>
- Meanook Cemetery
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the Meanook Cemetery
- The Meanook Cemetery is located outside and to the northwest of Meanook.To be more precise, Meanook Cemetery lies 20 miles [32.2 km]<1> to the northeast of Larkspur.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Meanook Cemetery
- Hazel Bluff United Church Cemetery
- St. Wolodymyr Greek Orthodox Cemetery
- St. Michael's Ukrainian Catholic Cemetery
- St. Alban Cemetery
- Vega Community Cemetery
- Continue List (28 more) ...
- Neerlandia Cemetery
- Athabasca Municipal Cemetery
- Mellowdale Cemetery
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the Mellowdale Cemetery
- The Mellowdale Cemetery is located 6 miles [9.7 km]<1> to the south of Barrhead.Stated another way, Mellowdale Cemetery lies 29 miles [46.7 km] to the southwest of Larkspur.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Mellowdale Cemetery
We've also created an expanded list of communities that existed in the 1890's and were located in the area around Larkspur. See our List of 1890's Communities around Larkspur.
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Larkspur. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for Province of Alberta: https://www.alberta.ca/
|<1>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'point-to-point' distance. A straight line distance ignores obstructions like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line from Point A (ie- Larkspur) to Point B.If you need the driving distance (or directions), we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Larkspur. Since we usually use Google Maps for our own planning, we've provided the following link: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from LarkspurOur distance measurements begin at a specific point in Larkspur. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 54.4391, Longitude: -113.7691 |
|<2>||The Find-a-Grave website is an excellent research tool with information about a cemetery's location and interments. They also offer a forum for their members which can provide additional help. More information about Find-a-Grave can be found on their website: findagrave.com.|
|<3>||An 'estimated' location is one where we have been given GPS coordinates, but are unable to verify the accuracy of those coordinates. That said, we have some confidence that we have placed the marker near the actual location. A typical reason for being unable to verify a location is that it might be on private property or maybe historic and gone without an obvious trace.|