Welcome to Lamoureux ...
Although we found mention of Lamoureux during our research, we really don't have any information about it.<1> Given the context of how Lamoureux was mentioned, we believe that it was a community rather than a locale or some type of landmark. We have done a cursory search and if it was a community, we haven't been able to find any evidence that it still exists..
We've added Lamoureux to our Gazetteer with the hope that we can develop more information. If you can help us with Lamoureux, please Contact Us.
Time Zone: The area where we believe that Lamoureux might be (or was) located is in the Mountain Time Zone (MST/MDT) and observes daylight saving time. The time zone in French: MST- Heure Normale des Rocheuses (HNR), MDT- Heure Avancée des Rocheuses (HAR).
We believe that Lamoureux would be found within the (780) and (587)<2> area codes.
Communities near Lamoureux ...
We have created a list of 10 communities that are near Lamoureux.
- Saint Albert
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Saint Albert
- Saint Albert lies 16 miles [25.7 km]<3> to the west of Lamoureux
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Saint Albert came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<5>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Saint Albert
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Saint Albert<4>
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Morinville
- Morinville lies 17 miles [27.4 km]<3> to the west of Lamoureux
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Morinville came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<5>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Morinville
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Morinville<4>
- Continue List (6 more) ...
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Lamont
- Lamont lies 19 miles [30.6 km]<3> to the east of Lamoureux
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Lamont came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<5>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Lamont
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Lamont<4>
- Bon Accord
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Bon Accord
- Bon Accord lies 10 miles [16.1 km]<3> to the northwest of Lamoureux
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Bon Accord came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<5>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Bon Accord
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Bon Accord<4>
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Bruderhein
- Bruderhein lies 14 miles [22.5 km]<3> to the northeast of Lamoureux
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Bruderhein
- Upper Manor Estates
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Upper Manor Estates
- Upper Manor Estates lies 13 miles [20.9 km]<3> to the west of Lamoureux
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Upper Manor Estates
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Namao
- Namao lies 9 miles [14.5 km]<3> to the west of Lamoureux
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Namao came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<5>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Namao
TripAdvisor Tourism Pages for Lamoureux ...
Looking for more information about Lamoureux? A wonderful source is the TripAdvisor website. We always start with the TripAdvisor Tourism page, where you can read an overview with links that will help you find lodging, restaurants and attractions.
While we are unaware of a Tourism page that is specific to Lamoureux, there are neighboring communities that do have Tourism pages. A map of those communities can be found with our TripAdvisor Page for Lamoureux.
Other Roadside Stops ...
Cities, Towns and Villages of Alberta
Off-the-Road Links ...
The official website for Province of Alberta: https://www.alberta.ca/
|<1>||If we encounter the name of what might be a community, our methodology is to add that name to our Gazetteer. For example, we might find a sentence like "He went north past Lamoureux and then turned west". While Lamoureux could be some kind of landmark, we think that it's more likely to be a community. We've added Lamoureux as a placeholder with the hope that we'll be able to add more information in the future.|
Just as a reminder: Our definition of a community is rather broad and includes those places (or areas) where several families lived and had a name which identified that place. For example, you might hear somebody say that they are going over to Bird Creek to see Pete ... Bird Creek is just a gas station and a couple of homes at the crossroads. While it might not be on the map, everybody in the area knows it by that name.
Places of interest include buildings at a crossroad, several families clustered in a hollow or maybe the location of a way station. It also includes places like mines, lumber camps, ferry crossings, etc. The community might still exist, is now gone or only existed for just a short period of time.
Also keep in mind that Lamoureux could have been on the original document by mistake, misspelled, the original/alternate name of a community that we've listed elsewhere or was placed in the wrong . Sometimes a post office or train station would have a different name than the community where it's located, so two names might be referring to the same community - we're working to straighten it all out.
|<2>||Area code (587) is an overlay for area code (780).|
|<3>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' (or point-to-point) distance. A straight line distance ignores things like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line drawn from Point A (ie- Lamoureux) to Point B.If you need the driving distance (or directions), we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Lamoureux. Since we usually use Google Maps for our own planning, we've provided the following link: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from LamoureuxOur distance measurements begin at a specific point in Lamoureux. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 53.7167, Longitude: -113.2500 |
|<4>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|
|<5>||If we have found a location and have questions about the accuracy of our information, we will simply say that the marker is 'in the vicinity'. We are not confident about the location and the position of our marker is only a rough guide. If we have too many doubts about the location, we will not include it in our database.|