Curious and Interesting Names Near La Glace ...
As we travel, we always see a community with a name that gives pause. While there are names which are interesting or familiar, some catch our attention or strike our fancy. We always wonder about such a name. If time permits and the community is not too far, we'll usually try to make a side-trip.
- Bear Lake
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Bear Lake
- Bear Lake lies 9 miles [14.5 km]<1> to the southeast of La Glace
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Bear Lake
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Beaverlodge
- Beaverlodge lies 17 miles [27.4 km]<1> to the southwest of La Glace
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Beaverlodge came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<2>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Beaverlodge
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Beaverlodge<3>
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Goodfare
- Goodfare lies 26 miles [41.8 km]<1> to the west of La Glace
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Goodfare came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<2>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Goodfare
- Poplar Ridge
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Poplar Ridge
- Poplar Ridge lies 38 miles [61.2 km]<1> to the north of La Glace
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Poplar Ridge came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<2>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Poplar Ridge
- Spirit River
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Spirit River
- Spirit River lies 30 miles [48.3 km]<1> to the northeast of La Glace
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Spirit River
How Far From La Glace to ...
We spend a lot of time looking through Gazetteers & Almanacs that were published in the late 1800's and early 1900's. Many of the Gazetteers include the distance from a community such as La Glace to various places of note, such as Parliament Hill.
With a nod to our favorite Gazetteers, the straight-line distance beginning in La Glace and extending to:
- View Our List ...
- Edmonton, which is the Provincial Capital of Alberta, lies 259 miles [416.8 km]<1> to the east southeast (ESE). If you could drive a straight line from La Glace to Edmonton, with an average speed<4>of 63 miles [101.4 km] per hour, it would take four to five hours to make the trip. A comfortable walk of 2.2 miles [3.5 km] per hour would take 15 days. A horse and buggy averaging 3.2 miles [5.1 km] per hour would take 11 days.
- The National Capital at Parliament Hill (Ottawa, ON) is 1,993 miles [3,207.4 km] to the east (E). Driving would take three full days, a buggy would take 78 days and walking would take 114 days.
- The shortest distance<5> to Jerusalem (specifically the Temple Mount and the Dome of the Rock) is 6,222 miles [10,013.3 km] and it lies to the north northeast (NNE).<6>
- The distance to the Great Mosque of Mecca (specifically the Ka'bah - or Kaaba ) is 6,983 miles [11,238 km] and it lies to the north northeast (NNE).<7>
- The distance to Saint Peter's Basilica (The Vatican) is 5,137 miles [8,267.2 km] and it lies to the northeast (NE).<8>
Other Roadside Stops ...
Find a Community located in Alberta
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for La Glace. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for Province of Alberta: https://www.alberta.ca/
|<1>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' (or point-to-point) distance. A straight line distance ignores obstructions like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line drawn from Point A (ie- La Glace) to Point B.If you need the driving distance, we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for La Glace. Since we usually use Google Maps for our own planning, we've provided the following link for your convenience: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from La GlaceOur distance measurements begin at a specific point in La Glace. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 55.3820, Longitude: -119.1520 |
|<2>||If we have found a location and have questions about the accuracy of our information, we will simply say that the marker is 'in the vicinity'. We are not confident about the location and the position of our marker is only a rough guide. If we have too many doubts about the location, we will not include it in our database.|
|<3>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|
|<4>||While we have tried to pick reasonable speeds, the rate of travel is very theoretical - obstacles like fences, hills, lakes, river crossings and rest stops have been ignored. When we say 'Days' of travel, we're assuming 8 hours of travel per day.|
|<5>||The shortest line can be visualized by stretching a string on a Globe from Point A to Point B - this is known as a Great Circle Route. Where you might expect the shortest route from La Glace to the Middle East to be East and South, the Great Circle Route actually lies to the North and East.|
|<6>||The calculated bearing (or angle) to Jerusalem is 338.439 degrees.|
|<7>||The calculated bearing (or angle) to Mecca is 340.102 degrees.|
|<8>||The calculated bearing (or angle) to the Vatican is 324.704 degrees.||