Curious and Interesting Names Near Kaleland ...
As we travel, we always see a community with a name that gives pause. While there are names which are interesting or familiar, some catch our attention or strike our fancy. We always wonder about such a name. If time permits and the community is not too far, we'll usually try to make a side-trip.
- Chipman (31 miles [49.9 km] to the west)
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Chipman
- Chipman lies 31 miles [49.9 km]<1> to the west of Kaleland
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Chipman came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<2>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Chipman
- Hairy Hill (5 miles [8 km] to the west)
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Hairy Hill
- Hairy Hill lies 5 miles [8 km]<1> to the west of Kaleland
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Hairy Hill
- Horseshoe Bay (33 miles [53.1 km] to the northeast)
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Horseshoe Bay
- Horseshoe Bay lies 33 miles [53.1 km]<1> to the northeast of Kaleland
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Horseshoe Bay came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<2>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Horseshoe Bay
- Inland (25 miles [40.2 km] to the southwest)
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Inland
- Inland lies 25 miles [40.2 km]<1> to the southwest of Kaleland
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Inland
- Owlseye (28 miles [45.1 km] to the northeast)
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Owlseye
- Owlseye lies 28 miles [45.1 km]<1> to the northeast of Kaleland
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Owlseye came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<2>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Owlseye
- Saddle Lake (17 miles [27.4 km] to the north)
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Saddle Lake
- Saddle Lake lies 17 miles [27.4 km]<1> to the north of Kaleland
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Saddle Lake
- Smoky Lake (36 miles [57.9 km] to the northwest)
- Two Hills (5 miles [8 km] to the east)
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Two Hills
- Two Hills lies 5 miles [8 km]<1> to the east of Kaleland
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Two Hills
How Far From Kaleland to ...
We spend a lot of time looking through Gazetteers, Almanacs & Directories that were published in the late 1800's and early 1900's. Many of the Gazetteers include the distance from a community such as Kaleland to various places of note, such as Parliament Hill.
With a nod to our favorite Gazetteers, the straight-line distance beginning in Kaleland and extending to:
- View Our List ...
- Edmonton, which is the Provincial Capital of Alberta, lies 68 miles [109.4 km]<1> to the west (W). If you could walk a straight line from Kaleland to Edmonton, with an average speed<4> of 2.2 miles [3.5 km] per hour, it would take three full days to make the trip. A horse and buggy averaging 3.2 miles [5.1 km] per hour would take about three full days.
- The National Capital at Parliament Hill (Ottawa, ON) is 1,695 miles [2,727.8 km] to the east (E). Driving, with an average speed of 63 miles [101.4 km] per hour, would take most of three days, a buggy would take 67 days and walking would take 97 days.
- The shortest distance<5> to Jerusalem (specifically the Temple Mount and the Dome of the Rock) is 6,204 miles [9,984.4 km] and it lies to the north northeast (NNE).<6>
- The distance to the Great Mosque of Mecca (specifically the Ka'bah - or Kaaba ) is 6,971 miles [11,218.7 km] and it lies to the north northeast (NNE).<7>
- The distance to Saint Peter's Basilica (The Vatican) is 5,049 miles [8,125.6 km] and it lies to the northeast (NE).<8>
Other Roadside Stops ...
Recent Changes to RoadsideThoughts ...
Cities, Towns and Villages of Alberta
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Kaleland. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for Province of Alberta: https://www.alberta.ca/
|<1>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' (or point-to-point) distance. A straight line distance ignores things like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line drawn from Point A (ie- Kaleland) to Point B.If you need the driving distance, we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Kaleland. Since we usually use Google Maps for our own planning, we've provided the following link for your convenience: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from KalelandOur distance measurements begin at a specific point in Kaleland. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 53.7360, Longitude: -111.8593 |
|<2>||If we have found a location and have questions about the accuracy of our information, we will simply say that the marker is 'in the vicinity'. We are not confident about the location and the position of our marker is only a rough guide. If we have too many doubts about the location, we will not include it in our database.|
|<3>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|
|<4>||While we have tried to pick reasonable speeds, the rate of travel is very theoretical - obstacles like fences, hills, lakes, river crossings and rest stops have been ignored. When we say 'Days' of travel, we're assuming 8 hours of travel per day.|
|<5>||The shortest line can be visualized by stretching a string on a Globe from Point A to Point B - this is known as a Great Circle Route. Where you might expect the shortest route from Kaleland to the Middle East to be East and South, the Great Circle Route actually lies to the North and East.|
|<6>||The calculated bearing (or angle) to Jerusalem is 332.496 degrees.|
|<7>||The calculated bearing (or angle) to Mecca is 333.272 degrees.|
|<8>||The calculated bearing (or angle) to the Vatican is 320.027 degrees.||