Communities Also Named Jenner ...
We have found one communities that share the name Jenner.
Within Alberta, the name Jenner is unique.
Beyond Alberta, there is another community also named Jenner in the United States.
- Communities Elsewhere In North America ...
- Sonoma County
- This Jenner is located in Sonoma County and lies 1,029 miles [1,656 km]<1> to the southwest.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Jenner
- For more information, please visit our profile page for the Sonoma County community of Jenner.
Curious and Interesting Names Near Jenner ...
As we travel, we always see a community with a name that gives pause. While there are names which are interesting or familiar, some catch our attention or strike our fancy. We always wonder about such a name. If time permits and the community is not too far, we'll usually try to make a side-trip.
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Buffalo
- Buffalo lies 22 miles [35.4 km]<1> to the east of Jenner
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Buffalo came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<2>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Buffalo
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Duchess
- Duchess lies 31 miles [49.9 km]<1> to the west of Jenner
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Duchess came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<2>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Duchess
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Duchess<3>
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Patricia
- Patricia lies 22 miles [35.4 km]<1> to the west of Jenner
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Patricia came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<2>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Patricia
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Patricia<3>
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Pollockville
- Pollockville lies 29 miles [46.7 km]<1> to the northwest of Jenner
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Pollockville came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<2>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Pollockville
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Rosemary
- Rosemary lies 39 miles [62.8 km]<1> to the west of Jenner
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Rosemary
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Steveville
- Steveville lies 19 miles [30.6 km]<1> to the west of Jenner
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Steveville
How Far From Jenner to ...
We spend a lot of time looking through Gazetteers that were published in the late 1800's and early 1900's. Many of the Gazetteers include the distance from a community such as Jenner to various places of note, such as Parliament Hill.
With a nod to our favorite Gazetteers, the straight-line distance beginning in Jenner and extending to:
- View Our List ...
- Edmonton, which is the Provincial Capital of Alberta, lies 216 miles [347.6 km]<1> to the north northwest (NNW). If you could drive a straight line from Jenner to Edmonton, with an average speed<4>of 63 miles [101.4 km] per hour, it would take nearly four hours to make the trip. A comfortable walk of 2.2 miles [3.5 km] per hour would take 13 days. A horse and buggy averaging 3.2 miles [5.1 km] per hour would take 9 days.
- The National Capital at Parliament Hill (Ottawa, ON) is 1,660 miles [2,671.5 km] to the east (E). Driving would take most of three days, a buggy would take 65 days and walking would take 95 days.
- The shortest distance<5> to Jerusalem (specifically the Temple Mount and the Dome of the Rock) is 6,373 miles [10,256.3 km] and it lies to the north northeast (NNE).<6>
- The distance to the Great Mosque of Mecca (specifically the Ka'bah - or Kaaba ) is 7,142 miles [11,493.9 km] and it lies to the north northeast (NNE).<7>
- The distance to Saint Peter's Basilica (The Vatican) is 5,188 miles [8,349.3 km] and it lies to the northeast (NE).<8>
Other Roadside Stops ...
Find a Community within Alberta
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Jenner. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for Province of Alberta: https://www.alberta.ca/
|<1>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' (or point-to-point) distance. A straight line distance ignores obstructions like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line drawn from Point A (ie- Jenner) to Point B.|
If you need the driving distance (or directions), we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Jenner. Since we usually use Google Maps for our own planning, we've provided the following link: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from Jenner
Our distance measurements begin at a specific point in Jenner. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 50.7500, Longitude: -111.1833
|<2>||If we have found a location and have questions about the accuracy of our information, we will simply say that the marker is 'in the vicinity'. We are not confident about the location and the position of our marker is only a rough guide. If we have too many doubts about the location, we will not include it in our database.|
|<3>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|
|<4>||While we have tried to pick reasonable speeds, the rate of travel is very theoretical - obstacles like fences, hills, lakes, river crossings and rest stops have been ignored. When we say 'Days' of travel, we're assuming 8 hours of travel per day.|
|<5>||The shortest line can be visualized by stretching a string on a Globe from Point A to Point B - this is known as a Great Circle Route. Where you might expect the shortest route from Jenner to the Middle East to be East and South, the Great Circle Route actually lies to the North and East.|
|<6>||The calculated bearing (or angle) to Jerusalem is 331.928 degrees.|
|<7>||The calculated bearing (or angle) to Mecca is 332.363 degrees.|
|<8>||The calculated bearing (or angle) to the Vatican is 320.127 degrees.||