Around Jasper ...
Jasper is the largest city within a 50 mile [80 km] radius.
The next largest community is Brule.
It is located about 31 miles [ km] to the north of Jasper
The following is a sample of neighboring communities: Keep in mind that when we give a distance, it's a 'straight-line' distance starting from Jasper.<2>
- Brule (31 miles [49.9 km] to the north)
- Cadomin (33 miles [53.1 km] to the east)
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Cadomin
- Cadomin lies 33 miles [53.1 km]<2> to the east of Jasper
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Cadomin
- Pocahontas (23 miles [37 km] to the north)
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Pocahontas
- Pocahontas lies 23 miles [37 km]<2> to the north of Jasper
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Pocahontas came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<4>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Pocahontas
- Lucerne (19 miles [30.6 km] to the west)
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Lucerne
- Lucerne lies 19 miles [30.6 km]<2> to the west of Jasper
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Lucerne came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<4>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Lucerne
- Yellowhead (15 miles [24.1 km] to the west)
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Yellowhead
- Yellowhead lies 15 miles [24.1 km]<2> to the west of Jasper
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Yellowhead came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<4>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Yellowhead
Curious and Interesting Names Near Jasper ...
It seems like there is always a nearby community with a name that seems interesting, maybe familiar or just catches our attention in some other way. We've collected some names which strike us as being curious or interesting. Our list can be found on the Tidbits & Trivia Page for Jasper.
Airports Near Jasper ...
When a trip includes a flight, we try to find an airport that best fits our travel plans.<5> To that purpose, we've assembled a list of that are relatively close to Jasper and that information can be found on the Airports Page for Jasper.
TripAdvisor Tourism Pages for Jasper ...
Looking for more information about Jasper? A good source is the TripAdvisor website and we always start with their TripAdvisor page for Jasper. Their page will give you an overview and then additional links that will help you to find lodging, restaurants and attractions.
In addition to the TripAdvisor page for Jasper, there are neighboring communities that also have TripAdvisor pages. A list of those communities can be found on our TripAdvisor Page for Jasper.
Websites We Enjoy ...
When we're planning a trip, we like to check the following websites for sights, attractions and places to visit.
- For the Province of Alberta:
- TripAdvisor Links for:
- Also of Interest:
Other Roadside Stops ...
Recent Changes to RoadsideThoughts ...
Mentions & References for Jasper
Find a Community within Alberta
Off-the-Road Links ...
The official website for Jasper: www.jasper-alberta.com
The official website for Province of Alberta: https://www.alberta.ca/
|<1>||Unless noted otherwise, the population counts we use should be considered estimates. Our population values for Jasper were taken from various sources and although they can be traced back to Statistics Canada (StatCan), they should not be considered official.|
|<2>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' distance. A straight line distance ignores obstructions like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line from Point A (ie- Jasper) to Point B.If you need the driving distance, we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Jasper. Since we usually use Google Maps for our own planning, we've provided the following link for your convenience: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from JasperOur distance measurements begin at a specific point in Jasper. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 52.8745, Longitude: -118.0839 |
|<3>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|
|<4>||If we have found a location and have questions about the accuracy of our information, we will simply say that the marker is 'in the vicinity'. We are not confident about the location and the position of our marker is only a rough guide. If we have too many doubts about the location, we will not include it in our database.|
|<5>||When we are planning a trip (for example, to Jasper), we usually look for the obvious: the choice of airlines that fly into the airport, the number of flights, the connections we have to make, which car rentals are available, etc. We also look for sights and attractions that we might find between any given airport and our destination - we do love exploring. We're willing to fly into a more distant airport if we can get the services and amenities that we like. Even though our choice of airport might be inconvenient to others, it usually gives us a better trip.|