Curious and Interesting Names Near Jarvis Bay ...
As we travel, we always see a community with a name that gives pause. While there are names which are interesting or familiar, some catch our attention or strike our fancy. We always wonder about such a name. If time permits and the community is not too far, we'll usually try to make a side-trip.
- Birchcliff (2 miles [3.2 km] to the northwest)
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Birchcliff
- Birchcliff lies 2 miles [3.2 km]<1> to the northwest of Jarvis Bay
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Birchcliff came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<2>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Birchcliff
- Gull Lake (10 miles [16.1 km] to the northeast)
- Half Moon Bay (4 miles [6.4 km] to the west)
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Half Moon Bay
- Half Moon Bay lies 4 miles [6.4 km]<1> to the west of Jarvis Bay
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Half Moon Bay
- Markerville (12 miles [19.3 km] to the southwest)
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Markerville
- Markerville lies 12 miles [19.3 km]<1> to the southwest of Jarvis Bay
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Markerville came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<2>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Markerville
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Markerville<3>
- Red Deer (11 miles [17.7 km] to the east)
- Rosedale Valley (17 miles [27.4 km] to the northeast)
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Rosedale Valley
- Rosedale Valley lies 17 miles [27.4 km]<1> to the northeast of Jarvis Bay
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Rosedale Valley came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<2>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Rosedale Valley
- Springbrook (13 miles [20.9 km] to the southeast)
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Springbrook
- Springbrook lies 13 miles [20.9 km]<1> to the southeast of Jarvis Bay
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Springbrook
- Sunbreaker Cove (6 miles [9.7 km] to the northwest)
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Sunbreaker Cove
- Sunbreaker Cove lies 6 miles [9.7 km]<1> to the northwest of Jarvis Bay
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Sunbreaker Cove came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<2>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Sunbreaker Cove
How Far From Jarvis Bay to ...
We spend a lot of time looking through Gazetteers, Almanacs & Directories that were published in the late 1800's and early 1900's. Many of the Gazetteers include the distance from a village such as Jarvis Bay to various places of note, such as Parliament Hill.
With a nod to our favorite Gazetteers, the straight-line distance beginning in Jarvis Bay and extending to:
- View Our List ...
- Edmonton, which is the Provincial Capital of Alberta, lies 87 miles [140 km]<1> to the north northeast (NNE). If you could drive a straight line from Jarvis Bay to Edmonton, with an average speed<4>of 63 miles [101.4 km] per hour, it would take less than two hours to make the trip. A comfortable walk of 2.2 miles [3.5 km] per hour would take 5 days. A horse and buggy averaging 3.2 miles [5.1 km] per hour would take most of three days.
- The National Capital at Parliament Hill (Ottawa, ON) is 1,783 miles [2,869.5 km] to the east (E). Driving would take most of three days, a buggy would take 70 days and walking would take 102 days.
- The shortest distance<5> to Jerusalem (specifically the Temple Mount and the Dome of the Rock) is 6,332 miles [10,190.4 km] and it lies to the north northeast (NNE).<6>
- The distance to the Great Mosque of Mecca (specifically the Ka'bah - or Kaaba ) is 7,099 miles [11,424.7 km] and it lies to the north northeast (NNE).<7>
- The distance to Saint Peter's Basilica (The Vatican) is 5,182 miles [8,339.6 km] and it lies to the northeast (NE).<8>
Other Roadside Stops ...
Recent Changes to RoadsideThoughts ...
Notable Births & Deaths for Jarvis Bay
Cities, Towns and Villages of Alberta
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Jarvis Bay. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for Province of Alberta: https://www.alberta.ca/
|<1>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' distance. A straight line distance ignores obstructions like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line drawn from Point A (ie- Jarvis Bay) to Point B.If you need the driving distance, we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Jarvis Bay. Since we usually use Google Maps, we've provided the following link for your convenience: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from Jarvis BayOur distance measurements begin at a specific point in Jarvis Bay. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 52.3329, Longitude: -114.0731 |
|<2>||If we have found a location and have questions about the accuracy of our information, we will simply say that the marker is 'in the vicinity'. We are not confident about the location and the position of our marker is only a rough guide. If we have too many doubts about the location, we will not include it in our database.|
|<3>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|
|<4>||While we have tried to pick reasonable speeds, the rate of travel is very theoretical - obstacles like fences, hills, lakes, river crossings and rest stops have been ignored. When we say 'Days' of travel, we're assuming 8 hours of travel per day.|
|<5>||The shortest line can be visualized by stretching a string on a Globe from Point A to Point B - this is known as a Great Circle Route. Where you might expect the shortest route from Jarvis Bay to the Middle East to be East and South, the Great Circle Route actually lies to the North and East.|
|<6>||The calculated bearing (or angle) to Jerusalem is 334.272 degrees.|
|<7>||The calculated bearing (or angle) to Mecca is 335.165 degrees.|
|<8>||The calculated bearing (or angle) to the Vatican is 321.754 degrees.||