Welcome to Herronton ...
Although we found mention of Herronton during our research, we really don't have any information about it.<1> Given the context of how Herronton was mentioned, we believe that it was a community rather than some type of landmark. We have done a cursory search and if it's a community, we haven't been able to find any evidence that it still exists..
We've added Herronton to our Gazetteer with the hope that we can develop more information. If you can help us with Herronton, please Contact Us.
Time Zone: The area where we believe that Herronton might be (or was) located is in the Mountain Time Zone (MST/MDT) and observes daylight saving time. The time zone in French: MST- Heure Normale des Rocheuses (HNR), MDT- Heure Avancée des Rocheuses (HAR).
We believe that Herronton would be found within the (403) & (587)<2> area codes.
Communities near Herronton ...
We have created a list of 10 communities that are near Herronton.
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Carseland came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<5>
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Carseland
- Carseland lies 15 miles [24.1 km]<3> to the north of Herronton
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Carseland
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Blackie
- Blackie lies 9 miles [14.5 km]<3> to the west of Herronton
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Blackie
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Arrowwood
- Arrowwood lies 13 miles [20.9 km]<3> to the northeast of Herronton
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Arrowwood
- Continue List (6 more) ...
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Mossleigh came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<5>
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Mossleigh
- Mossleigh lies 7 miles [11.3 km]<3> to the northeast of Herronton
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Mossleigh
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Mossleigh<4>
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Brant
- Brant lies 9 miles [14.5 km]<3> to the southwest of Herronton
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Brant
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Ensign came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<5>
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Ensign
- Ensign lies 11 miles [17.7 km]<3> to the south of Herronton
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Ensign
- Frankburg - Historic
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Frankburg came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<5>
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Frankburg
- Frankburg was located 12 miles [19.3 km]<3> to the southwest of Herronton
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Anastasia
- Anastasia lies 18 miles [29 km]<3> to the northeast of Herronton
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Anastasia
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Dalemead came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<5>
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Dalemead
- Dalemead lies 18 miles [29 km]<3> to the northwest of Herronton
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Dalemead
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Dalemead<4>
TripAdvisor Tourism Pages for Herronton ...
Looking for more information about Herronton? A wonderful source is the TripAdvisor website. We always start with the TripAdvisor Tourism page, where you can read an overview with links that will help you find lodging, restaurants and attractions.
While we are unaware of a Tourism page that is specific to Herronton, there are neighboring communities that do have Tourism pages. A map of those communities can be found with our TripAdvisor Page for Herronton.
Other Roadside Stops ...
Find a Community located in Alberta
Off-the-Road Links ...
The official website for Province of Alberta: https://www.alberta.ca/
|<1>||If we encounter the name of what might be a community, our methodology is to add that name to our Gazetteer. For example, we might find a sentence like "He went south past Herronton and then turned west". While Herronton could be some kind of landmark, we think that it's more likely to be a community. We've added Herronton as a placeholder with the hope that we'll be able to add more information in the future.|
Just as a reminder: Our definition of a community is rather broad and includes those places (or areas) where several families lived and had a name which identified that place. For example, you might hear somebody say that they are going over to Bird Creek to see Pete ... Bird Creek is just a gas station and a couple of homes at the crossroads. While it might not be on the map, everybody in the area knows it by that name.
Places of interest include buildings at a crossroad, several families clustered in a hollow or maybe the location of a way station. It also includes places like mines, lumber camps, ferry crossings, etc. The community might still exist, is now gone or only existed for just a short period of time.
Also keep in mind that Herronton could have been on the original document by mistake, misspelled, the original/alternate name of a community that we've listed elsewhere or was placed in the wrong . Sometimes a post office or train station would have a different name than the community where it's located, so two names might be referring to the same community - we're working to straighten it all out.
|<2>||Area code (587) is an overlay for area code (403).|
|<3>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' distance. A straight line distance ignores obstructions like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line drawn from Point A (ie- Herronton) to Point B.|
If you need the driving distance (or directions), we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Herronton. Since we usually use Google Maps, we've provided the following link: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from Herronton
Our distance measurements begin at a specific point in Herronton. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 50.6333, Longitude: -113.4167
|<4>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|
|<5>||If we have found a location and have questions about the accuracy of our information, we will simply say that the marker is 'in the vicinity'. We are not confident about the location and the position of our marker is only a rough guide. If we have too many doubts about the location, we will not include it in our database.|