Curious and Interesting Names Near Harvie Heights ...
As we travel, we always see a community with a name that gives pause. While there are names which are interesting or familiar, some catch our attention or strike our fancy. We always wonder about such a name. If time permits and the community is not too far, we'll usually try to make a side-trip.
- Anthracite - Historic
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Anthracite
- Anthracite was located 7 miles [11.3 km]<1> to the northwest of Harvie Heights
- Note: We haven't been able to verify our GPS coordinates for Anthracite. Although the coordinates have been estimated, they should be in the vicinity.<2>
- Castle Mountain
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Castle Mountain
- Castle Mountain lies 25 miles [40.2 km]<1> to the northwest of Harvie Heights
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Castle Mountain came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<3>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Castle Mountain
- Dead Man's Flats
- Eisenhower Junction
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Eisenhower Junction
- Eisenhower Junction lies 25 miles [40.2 km]<1> to the northwest of Harvie Heights
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Eisenhower Junction came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<3>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Eisenhower Junction
- Continue List (4 more) ...
- Georgetown - Historic
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Georgetown
- Georgetown was located less than 2 miles<1> to the southwest of Harvie Heights
- Note: We haven't been able to verify our GPS coordinates for Georgetown. Although the coordinates have been estimated, they should be in the vicinity.<2>
- Ghost Lake
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Ghost Lake
- Ghost Lake lies 27 miles [43.5 km]<1> to the east of Harvie Heights
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Ghost Lake
- Lake Louise
- Water Valley
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Water Valley
- Water Valley lies 40 miles [64.4 km]<1> to the northeast of Harvie Heights
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Water Valley came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<3>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Water Valley
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Water Valley<4>
How Far From Harvie Heights to ...
We spend a lot of time looking through Gazetteers that were published in the late 1800's and early 1900's. Many of the Gazetteers include the distance from a community such as Harvie Heights to various places of note, such as Parliament Hill.
With a nod to our favorite Gazetteers, the straight-line distance beginning in Harvie Heights and extending to:
- View Our List ...
- Edmonton, which is the Provincial Capital of Alberta, lies 185 miles [297.7 km]<1> to the north northeast (NNE). If you could drive a straight line from Harvie Heights to Edmonton, with an average speed<5>of 63 miles [101.4 km] per hour, it would take a little over three hours to make the trip. A comfortable walk of 2.2 miles [3.5 km] per hour would take 11 days. A horse and buggy averaging 3.2 miles [5.1 km] per hour would take 8 days.
- The National Capital at Parliament Hill (Ottawa, ON) is 1,842 miles [2,964.4 km] to the east (E). Driving would take most of three days, a buggy would take 72 days and walking would take 105 days.
- The shortest distance<6> to Jerusalem (specifically the Temple Mount and the Dome of the Rock) is 6,432 miles [10,351.3 km] and it lies to the north northeast (NNE).<7>
- The distance to the Great Mosque of Mecca (specifically the Ka'bah - or Kaaba ) is 7,198 miles [11,584.1 km] and it lies to the north northeast (NNE).<8>
- The distance to Saint Peter's Basilica (The Vatican) is 5,282 miles [8,500.6 km] and it lies to the northeast (NE).<9>
Other Roadside Stops ...
Find a Community within Alberta
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Harvie Heights. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for Province of Alberta: https://www.alberta.ca/
|<1>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' distance. A straight line distance ignores obstructions like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line from Point A (ie- Harvie Heights) to Point B.If you need the driving distance (or directions), we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Harvie Heights. Since we usually use Google Maps for our own planning, we've provided the following link for your convenience: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from Harvie HeightsOur distance measurements begin at a specific point in Harvie Heights. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 51.1167, Longitude: -115.3833 |
|<2>||An 'estimated' location is one where we have been given GPS coordinates, but are unable to verify the accuracy of those coordinates. That said, we have some confidence that we have placed the marker near the actual location. A typical reason for being unable to verify a location is that it might be on private property or maybe historic and gone without an obvious trace.|
|<3>||If we have found a location and have questions about the accuracy of our information, we will simply say that the marker is 'in the vicinity'. We are not confident about the location and the position of our marker is only a rough guide. If we have too many doubts about the location, we will not include it in our database.|
|<4>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|
|<5>||While we have tried to pick reasonable speeds, the rate of travel is very theoretical - obstacles like fences, hills, lakes, river crossings and rest stops have been ignored. When we say 'Days' of travel, we're assuming 8 hours of travel per day.|
|<6>||The shortest line can be visualized by stretching a string on a Globe from Point A to Point B - this is known as a Great Circle Route. Where you might expect the shortest route from Harvie Heights to the Middle East to be East and South, the Great Circle Route actually lies to the North and East.|
|<7>||The calculated bearing (or angle) to Jerusalem is 335.31 degrees.|
|<8>||The calculated bearing (or angle) to Mecca is 336.251 degrees.|
|<9>||The calculated bearing (or angle) to the Vatican is 322.808 degrees.||