Our Genealogy Helper for Half Moon Bay ...
We have a couple of goals for our Gazetteer:
- That it be a tool which helps us with planning our trips.
- We're trying to shape our Gazetteer as a tool to help us understand the community in which our ancestors lived, the community that was part of their daily lives.
- On our trips, we try to visit those places where our ancestors left their footprints.
By learning about Half Moon Bay (and the surrounding area) during the time that our ancestors lived, we hope to have a better understanding of both their community and its relationship to their lifes. We hope that this tool helps to give us an insight into their world.
As we add data and organize our Gazetteer to help with our family research, we will be adding to this our Genealogical Helper for Half Moon Bay. While we don't have information that is specific to any given person or family, we intend to expand our understanding about where and how people lived.
Name Variations for Half Moon Bay ...
When searching records, keep in mind that names and their spelling can change over time. Our sources include documents like maps, railroad schedules, Travel, Express and Shipping Guides. Many of these documents date from the 1800's and it's common to find spelling differences.
Although we can't give a definitive list, hopefully the following will give you a feel for the variations that might have occurred.
Another variation: Halfmoon Bay.
If you have information about these names (such as the reason for the change, date of change, the origin of the name), please Contact Us.
Websites to Help With Your Genealogy Research ...
When we do our genealogical research, we like to start with the websites from Cyndi's List, FamilySearch and Genealogy Trails. These websites either offer the information directly or else point to where you can find it. Their information is open to everyone.
To help you get started, the following links will take you to the pages that are relevant to Half Moon Bay:
- Websites specific to Alberta
- Cemetery Information and Directories for Alberta
- Of Special Interest ...
- The GenDisasters website specializes in newspaper articles about tragedies and disasters. While it makes interesting reading all by itself, it should be of special interest to genealogists and family historians looking for people who were either affected by or directly involved in such tragedies.
- Stories from Alberta
Cemeteries Near Half Moon Bay ...
Below are cemeteries that are in the vicinity of Half Moon Bay.
This is a new section and is likely to have errors. If you find an error, such as a missing cemetery or we have the wrong name, please let us know. If you know of them, we would also appreciate learning about previous or alternate names.
If you need information about a burial or interment, photos, transcripts, how to contact the cemetery or local authorities, please visit our selection of Genealogy Websites (see below).
If not found below, our Cemetery List for Half Moon Bay covers a larger area, with the cemeteries listed in alphabetical order.
- Kuusamo Cemetery
- West Meadows Cemetery
- Lakeview Cemetery
- Vig Cemetery
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the Vig Cemetery
- Vig Cemetery lies 6 miles [9.7 km]<2> to the north of Half Moon Bay.
- Vig Cemetery has also been known as:
- Vig Lutheran Church Cemetery
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Vig Cemetery
- Find-A-Grave: FAG ID #2418719<1>
- Eckville Cemetery
- Bentley Colony Cemetery
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the Bentley Colony Cemetery
- The Bentley Colony Cemetery is located 4 miles [6.4 km]<2> to the northwest of Bentley.More precisely, Bentley Colony Cemetery lies 8 miles [12.9 km] to the northeast of Half Moon Bay.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Bentley Colony Cemetery
- Bentley Seventh Day Adventist Cemetery
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the Bentley Seventh Day Adventist Cemetery
- The Bentley Seventh Day Adventist Cemetery is located 2 miles [3.2 km]<2> to the north of Bentley.More accurately, Bentley Seventh Day Adventist Cemetery lies 8 miles [12.9 km] to the northeast of Half Moon Bay.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Bentley Seventh Day Adventist Cemetery
- Aspelund Cemetery
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the Aspelund Cemetery
- The Aspelund Cemetery is located 9 miles [14.5 km]<2> to the southeast of Red Deer.More precisely, Aspelund Cemetery lies 9 miles [14.5 km] to the east of Half Moon Bay.
- Aspelund Cemetery has also been known as:
- Aspeland Cemetery
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Aspelund Cemetery
- Find-A-Grave: FAG ID #2500225<1>
- Bentley Cemetery
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the Bentley Cemetery
- The Bentley Cemetery is a large cemetery that is located outside and to the southeast of Bentley.Bentley Cemetery lies 9 miles [14.5 km]<2> to the northeast of Half Moon Bay.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Bentley Cemetery
- Find-A-Grave: FAG ID #2414665<1>
- Woody Nook Christian Reformed Church Cemetery
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the Woody Nook Christian Reformed Church Cemetery
- Woody Nook Christian Reformed Church Cemetery lies 12 miles [19.3 km]<2> to the northeast of Half Moon Bay.
- Woody Nook Christian Reformed Church Cemetery has also been known as:
- Woody Nook Cemetery
- Woody Nook Christian Reformed Cemetery
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Woody Nook Christian Reformed Church Cemetery
- Find-A-Grave: FAG ID #2663035<1>
- Mt. Calvary RC Cemetery
- Blackfalds Cemetery
- Continue List (22 more) ...
- Red Deer Cemetery
- Bradshaw Cemetery
- Alto Reste Cemetery
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the Alto Reste Cemetery
- The Alto Reste Cemetery is a large cemetery that is located outside and to the east of Red Deer.Stated another way, Alto Reste Cemetery lies 19 miles [30.6 km]<2> to the east of Half Moon Bay.
- Alto Reste Cemetery has also been known as:
- Alto - Reste Memorial Gardens
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Alto Reste Cemetery
- Find-A-Grave: FAG ID #2131209<1>
We've also created an expanded list of communities that existed in the 1890's and were located in the area around Half Moon Bay. See our List of 1890's Communities around Half Moon Bay.
Other Roadside Stops ...
Recent Changes to RoadsideThoughts ...
Search for a Alberta Community
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Half Moon Bay. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for Province of Alberta: https://www.alberta.ca/
|<1>||The Find-a-Grave website is an excellent research tool with information about a cemetery's location and interments. They also offer a forum for their members which can provide additional help. More information about Find-a-Grave can be found on their website: findagrave.com.|
|<2>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' distance. A straight line distance ignores obstructions like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line from Point A (ie- Half Moon Bay) to Point B.If you need the driving distance (or directions), we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Half Moon Bay. Since we usually use Google Maps for our own planning, we've provided the following link: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from Half Moon BayOur distance measurements begin at a specific point in Half Moon Bay. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 52.3462, Longitude: -114.1744 |