Curious and Interesting Names Near Hairy Hill ...
As we travel, we always see a community with a name that gives pause. While there are names which are interesting or familiar, some catch our attention or strike our fancy. We always wonder about such a name. If time permits and the community is not too far, we'll usually try to make a side-trip.
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Chipman came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<1>
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Chipman
- Chipman lies 27 miles [43.5 km]<2> to the west of Hairy Hill
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Chipman
- Horseshoe Bay
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Horseshoe Bay came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<1>
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Horseshoe Bay
- Horseshoe Bay lies 34 miles [54.7 km]<2> to the northeast of Hairy Hill
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Horseshoe Bay
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Inland
- Inland lies 25 miles [40.2 km]<2> to the south of Hairy Hill
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Inland
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Owlseye came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<1>
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Owlseye
- Owlseye lies 30 miles [48.3 km]<2> to the northeast of Hairy Hill
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Owlseye
- Continue List (3 more) ...
- Saddle Lake
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Saddle Lake came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<1>
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Saddle Lake
- Saddle Lake lies 22 miles [35.4 km]<2> to the northeast of Hairy Hill
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Saddle Lake
- Smoky Lake
- Two Hills
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Two Hills
- Two Hills lies 10 miles [16.1 km]<2> to the east of Hairy Hill
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Two Hills
How Far From Hairy Hill to ...
We spend a lot of time looking through Gazetteers that were published in the late 1800's and early 1900's. Many of the Gazetteers include the distance from a community such as Hairy Hill to various places of note, such as Parliament Hill.
With a nod to our favorite Gazetteers, the straight-line distance beginning in Hairy Hill and extending to:
- View Our List ...
- Edmonton, which is the Provincial Capital of Alberta, lies 64 miles [103 km]<2> to the west southwest (WSW). If you could walk a straight line from Hairy Hill to Edmonton, with an average speed<4> of 2.2 miles [3.5 km] per hour, it would take most of three days to make the trip. A horse and buggy averaging 3.2 miles [5.1 km] per hour would take about three full days.
- The National Capital at Parliament Hill (Ottawa, ON) is 1,700 miles [2,735.9 km] to the east (E). Driving, with an average speed of 63 miles [101.4 km] per hour, would take most of three days, a buggy would take 67 days and walking would take 97 days.
- The shortest distance<5> to Jerusalem (specifically the Temple Mount and the Dome of the Rock) is 6,205 miles [9,986 km] and it lies to the north northeast (NNE).<6>
- The distance to the Great Mosque of Mecca (specifically the Ka'bah - or Kaaba ) is 6,972 miles [11,220.3 km] and it lies to the north northeast (NNE).<7>
- The distance to Saint Peter's Basilica (The Vatican) is 5,050 miles [8,127.2 km] and it lies to the northeast (NE).<8>
Other Roadside Stops ...
Cities, Towns and Villages of Alberta
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Hairy Hill. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for Province of Alberta: https://www.alberta.ca/
|<1>||If we have found a location and have questions about the accuracy of our information, we will simply say that the marker is 'in the vicinity'. We are not confident about the location and the position of our marker is only a rough guide. If we have too many doubts about the location, we will not include it in our database.|
|<2>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'point-to-point' distance. A straight line distance ignores obstructions like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line drawn from Point A (ie- Hairy Hill) to Point B.|
If you need the driving distance (or directions), we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Hairy Hill. Since we usually use Google Maps, we've provided the following link for your convenience: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from Hairy Hill
Our distance measurements begin at a specific point in Hairy Hill. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 53.7631, Longitude: -111.9790
|<3>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|
|<4>||While we have tried to pick reasonable speeds, the rate of travel is very theoretical - obstacles like fences, hills, lakes, river crossings and rest stops have been ignored. When we say 'Days' of travel, we're assuming 8 hours of travel per day.|
|<5>||The shortest line can be visualized by stretching a string on a Globe from Point A to Point B - this is known as a Great Circle Route. Where you might expect the shortest route from Hairy Hill to the Middle East to be East and South, the Great Circle Route actually lies to the North and East.|
|<6>||The calculated bearing (or angle) to Jerusalem is 332.592 degrees.|
|<7>||The calculated bearing (or angle) to Mecca is 333.383 degrees.|
|<8>||The calculated bearing (or angle) to the Vatican is 320.102 degrees.||