Communities Also Named Greenshields ...
We have found one communities that share the name Greenshields.
Within Alberta, the name Greenshields is unique.
Beyond Alberta, there is another community also named Greenshields in Canada.
- Communities Elsewhere In North America ...
- This Greenshields lies 1,788 miles [2,877.5 km]<1> to the east.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Greenshields
Curious and Interesting Names Near Greenshields ...
As we travel, we always see a community with a name that gives pause. While there are names which are interesting or familiar, some catch our attention or strike our fancy. We always wonder about such a name. If time permits and the community is not too far, we'll usually try to make a side-trip.
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Czar
- Czar lies 22 miles [35.4 km]<1> to the south of Greenshields
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Czar
- Paradise Valley
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Paradise Valley came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<2>
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Paradise Valley
- Paradise Valley lies 24 miles [38.6 km]<1> to the northeast of Greenshields
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Paradise Valley
How Far From Greenshields to ...
We spend a lot of time looking through Gazetteers that were published in the late 1800's and early 1900's. Many of the Gazetteers include the distance from a community such as Greenshields to various places of note, such as Parliament Hill.
With a nod to our favorite Gazetteers, the straight-line distance beginning in Greenshields and extending to:
- View Our List ...
- Edmonton, which is the Provincial Capital of Alberta, lies 125 miles [201.2 km]<1> to the west northwest (WNW). If you could drive a straight line from Greenshields to Edmonton, with an average speed<3>of 63 miles [101.4 km] per hour, it would take about two hours to make the trip. A comfortable walk of 2.2 miles [3.5 km] per hour would take 8 days. A horse and buggy averaging 3.2 miles [5.1 km] per hour would take 5 days.
- The National Capital at Parliament Hill (Ottawa, ON) is 1,645 miles [2,647.4 km] to the east (E). Driving would take most of three days, a buggy would take 65 days and walking would take 94 days.
- The shortest distance<4> to Jerusalem (specifically the Temple Mount and the Dome of the Rock) is 6,241 miles [10,043.9 km] and it lies to the north northeast (NNE).<5>
- The distance to the Great Mosque of Mecca (specifically the Ka'bah - or Kaaba ) is 7,009 miles [11,279.9 km] and it lies to the north northeast (NNE).<6>
- The distance to Saint Peter's Basilica (The Vatican) is 5,070 miles [8,159.4 km] and it lies to the northeast (NE).<7>
Other Roadside Stops ...
Find a Community within Alberta
Off-the-Road Links ...
The official website for Province of Alberta: https://www.alberta.ca/
|<1>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' (or point-to-point) distance. A straight line distance ignores obstructions like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line from Point A (ie- Greenshields) to Point B.|
If you need the driving distance (or directions), we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Greenshields. Since we usually use Google Maps, we've provided the following link: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from Greenshields
Our distance measurements begin at a specific point in Greenshields. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 52.7833, Longitude: -110.7667
|<2>||If we have found a location and have questions about the accuracy of our information, we will simply say that the marker is 'in the vicinity'. We are not confident about the location and the position of our marker is only a rough guide. If we have too many doubts about the location, we will not include it in our database.|
|<3>||While we have tried to pick reasonable speeds, the rate of travel is very theoretical - obstacles like fences, hills, lakes, river crossings and rest stops have been ignored. When we say 'Days' of travel, we're assuming 8 hours of travel per day.|
|<4>||The shortest line can be visualized by stretching a string on a Globe from Point A to Point B - this is known as a Great Circle Route. Where you might expect the shortest route from Greenshields to the Middle East to be East and South, the Great Circle Route actually lies to the North and East.|
|<5>||The calculated bearing (or angle) to Jerusalem is 331.618 degrees.|
|<6>||The calculated bearing (or angle) to Mecca is 332.194 degrees.|
|<7>||The calculated bearing (or angle) to the Vatican is 319.486 degrees.||