Our Genealogy Helper for Grainger ...
We have a couple of goals for our Gazetteer:
- That it be a tool which helps us with planning our trips.
- We're trying to shape our Gazetteer as a tool to help us understand the community in which our ancestors lived, the community that was part of their daily lives.
- On our trips, we try to visit those places where our ancestors left their footprints.
By learning about Grainger (and the surrounding area) during the time that our ancestors lived, we hope to have a better understanding of both their community and its relationship to their lifes. We hope that this tool helps to give us an insight into their world.
As we add data and organize our Gazetteer to help with our family research, we will be adding to this our Genealogical Helper for Grainger. While we don't have information that is specific to any given person or family, we intend to expand our understanding about where and how people lived.
Websites to Help With Your Genealogy Research ...
When we do our genealogical research, we first visit the websites from Cyndi's List, FamilySearch and Genealogy Trails. These helpful websites offer the information directly or else point to where you can find it. Their information is open to everyone.
To help you get started, the following links will take you to the pages that are relevant to Grainger:
- Websites specific to Alberta
- Cemetery Information and Directories for Alberta
- Of Special Interest ...
- The GenDisasters website specializes in newspaper articles about tragedies and disasters. While it makes interesting reading all by itself, it should be of special interest to genealogists and family historians looking for people who were either affected by or directly involved in such tragedies.
- Stories from Alberta
Cemeteries Near Grainger ...
Below are cemeteries that are in the vicinity of Grainger.
This is a new section and is likely to have errors. If you find an error, such as a missing cemetery or we have the wrong name, please let us know. If you know of them, we would also appreciate learning about previous or alternate names.
If you need information about a burial or interment, photos, transcripts, how to contact the cemetery or local authorities, please visit our selection of Genealogy Websites (see below).
If not found below, our Cemetery List for Grainger covers a larger area, with the cemeteries listed in alphabetical order.
- Swalwell Cemetery
- Acme Cemetery
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the Acme Cemetery
- The Acme Cemetery is a large cemetery that is located outside and to the northwest of Acme.To be more precise, Acme Cemetery lies 8 miles [12.9 km]<2> to the west of Grainger.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Acme Cemetery
- Find-A-Grave: FAG ID #2295690<1>
- Zion United Cemetery
- Beisker Level Land Seventh-day Adventist Cemetery
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the Beisker Level Land Seventh-day Adventist Cemetery
- Beisker Level Land Seventh-day Adventist Cemetery lies 9 miles [14.5 km]<2> to the south of Grainger.
- Beisker Level Land Seventh-day Adventist Cemetery has also been known as:
- Rosebud Seventh-day Adventist Cemetery
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Beisker Level Land Seventh-day Adventist Cemetery
- Mt. Davis Cemetery
- Three Hills Cemetery
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the Three Hills Cemetery
- Three Hills Cemetery lies 14 miles [22.5 km]<2> to the north of Grainger.
- Three Hills Cemetery has also been known as:
- Three Hills Town Cemetery
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Three Hills Cemetery
- Find-A-Grave: FAG ID #2233201<1>
- Sarcee Butte Cemetery
- Rosebud Cemetery
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the Rosebud Cemetery
- Rosebud Cemetery lies 21 miles [33.8 km]<2> to the southeast of Grainger.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Rosebud Cemetery
- Meehan Cemetery
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the Meehan Cemetery
- The Meehan Cemetery is located outside and to the south of Trochu.More accurately, Meehan Cemetery lies 21 miles [33.8 km]<2> to the north of Grainger.
- Meehan Cemetery has also been known as:
- Trochu Old Public Cemetery
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Meehan Cemetery
- Find-A-Grave: FAG ID #2514217<1>
- Trochu Baptist Cemetery
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the Trochu Baptist Cemetery
- Trochu Baptist Cemetery lies 23 miles [37 km]<2> to the north of Grainger.
- Trochu Baptist Cemetery has also been known as:
- Trochu Public Cemetery
- Trochu Town Cemetery
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Trochu Baptist Cemetery
- Find-A-Grave: FAG ID #2516820<1>
- Bergthal Mennonite Cemetery
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the Bergthal Mennonite Cemetery
- Note: We haven't been able to verify our GPS coordinates for the Bergthal Mennonite Cemetery. Although the coordinates have been estimated, they should be in the vicinity.<3>
- The Bergthal Mennonite Cemetery is located 9 miles [14.5 km]<2> to the southwest of Carstairs.To be more precise, Bergthal Mennonite Cemetery lies 25 miles [40.2 km] to the west of Grainger.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Bergthal Mennonite Cemetery
- Munson Cemetery
- Continue List (16 more) ...
- Wimborne Cemetery
- Drumheller Municipal Cemetery
- Crossfield Cemetery
We've also created an expanded list of communities that existed in the 1890's and were located in the area around Grainger. See our List of 1890's Communities around Grainger.
Other Roadside Stops ...
Recent Changes to RoadsideThoughts ...
Mentions & References for Grainger
Visit our Community Index for Alberta
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Grainger. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for Province of Alberta: https://www.alberta.ca/
|<1>||The Find-a-Grave website is an excellent research tool with information about a cemetery's location and interments. They also offer a forum for their members which can provide additional help. More information about Find-a-Grave can be found on their website: findagrave.com.|
|<2>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' (or point-to-point) distance. A straight line distance ignores obstructions like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line drawn from Point A (ie- Grainger) to Point B.Our distance measurements begin at a specific point in Grainger. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 51.5000, Longitude: -113.3333 |
|<3>||An 'estimated' location is one where we have been given GPS coordinates, but are unable to verify the accuracy of those coordinates. That said, we have some confidence that we have placed the marker near the actual location. A typical reason for being unable to verify a location is that it might be on private property or maybe historic and gone without an obvious trace.|