Our Genealogy Helper for Fort Normandeau ...
So far, we have found very little information about Fort Normandeau. The little that we've found leads us believe that the community is historic.<1>
We've added Fort Normandeau to our Gazetteer with the hope that we can develop more information. If you can help us with Fort Normandeau, please Contact Us.
We have a couple of goals for our Gazetteer:
- That it be a tool that can help us with planning our trips.
- That it also helps us to understand the community in which our ancestors lived, the community that was part of their daily lives.
By learning about Fort Normandeau (and the surrounding area) during the time that our ancestors lived, we hope to have a better understanding of both their community and its relationship to their lifes. We hope that this tool helps to give us an insight into their world.
As we add data and organize our Gazetteer to help with our family research, we will be adding to this, our Genealogical Helper for Fort Normandeau. While we don't have information that is specific to any given person or family, we intend to expand our understanding about where and how people lived.
Name Variations for Fort Normandeau ...
When searching records, keep in mind that names and their spelling can change over time. Our sources include documents like maps, railroad schedules, Travel, Express and Shipping Guides. Many of these documents date from the 1800's and it's common to find spelling differences.
Although we can't give a definitive list, hopefully the following will give you a feel for the variations that might have occurred.
For example, a typical abbreviation for Fort Normandeau: Ft. Normandeau
If you have information about these names (such as the reason for the change, date of change, the origin of the name), please Contact Us.
Websites to Help With Your Genealogy Research ...
When we do our genealogical research, we first turn to the websites from Cyndi's List, FamilySearch and Genealogy Trails. These websites either offer the information directly or else point to where you can find it. Their information is open to everyone.
To help you get started, the following links will take you to the pages that are relevant to Fort Normandeau:
- Websites specific to Alberta
- Cemetery Information and Directories for Alberta
- Of Special Interest ...
- The GenDisasters website specializes in newspaper articles about tragedies and disasters. While it makes interesting reading all by itself, it should be of special interest to genealogists and family historians looking for people who were either affected by or directly involved in such tragedies.
- Stories from Alberta
Cemeteries Near Fort Normandeau ...
Below are cemeteries that are in the vicinity of Fort Normandeau.
This is a new section and is likely to have errors. If you find an error, such as a missing cemetery or we have the wrong name, please let us know. If you know of them, we would also appreciate learning about previous or alternate names.
If you need information about a burial or interment, photos, transcripts, how to contact the cemetery or local authorities, please visit our selection of Genealogy Websites (see below).
If not found below, our Cemetery List for Fort Normandeau covers a larger area, with the cemeteries listed in alphabetical order.
- Mt. Calvary RC Cemetery
- Red Deer Cemetery
- Alto Reste Cemetery
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the Alto Reste Cemetery
- The Alto Reste Cemetery is a large cemetery that is located outside and to the east of Red Deer.Alto Reste Cemetery lies 6 miles [9.7 km]<3> to the east of Fort Normandeau.
- Alto Reste Cemetery has also been known as:
- Alto - Reste Memorial Gardens
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Alto Reste Cemetery
- Find-A-Grave: FAG ID #2131209<2>
- Aspelund Cemetery
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the Aspelund Cemetery
- The Aspelund Cemetery is located 9 miles [14.5 km]<3> to the southeast of Red Deer.More accurately, Aspelund Cemetery lies 7 miles [11.3 km] to the northwest of Fort Normandeau.
- Aspelund Cemetery has also been known as:
- Aspeland Cemetery
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Aspelund Cemetery
- Find-A-Grave: FAG ID #2500225<2>
- Horn Hill Cemetery
- Blackfalds Cemetery
- Continue List ...
- Lakeview Cemetery
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the Lakeview Cemetery
- Lakeview Cemetery lies 9 miles [14.5 km]<3> to the west of Fort Normandeau.
- Lakeview Cemetery has also been known as:
- Lake View Cemetery
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Lakeview Cemetery
- Find-A-Grave: FAG ID #2379295<2>
- West Meadows Cemetery
- Bentley Colony Cemetery
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the Bentley Colony Cemetery
- The Bentley Colony Cemetery is located 4 miles [6.4 km]<3> to the northwest of Bentley.Stated another way, Bentley Colony Cemetery lies 11 miles [17.7 km] to the northwest of Fort Normandeau.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Bentley Colony Cemetery
- Woody Nook Christian Reformed Church Cemetery
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the Woody Nook Christian Reformed Church Cemetery
- Woody Nook Christian Reformed Church Cemetery lies 11 miles [17.7 km]<3> to the north of Fort Normandeau.
- Woody Nook Christian Reformed Church Cemetery has also been known as:
- Woody Nook Cemetery
- Woody Nook Christian Reformed Cemetery
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Woody Nook Christian Reformed Church Cemetery
- Find-A-Grave: FAG ID #2663035<2>
- Bentley Seventh Day Adventist Cemetery
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the Bentley Seventh Day Adventist Cemetery
- The Bentley Seventh Day Adventist Cemetery is located 2 miles [3.2 km]<3> to the north of Bentley.More precisely, Bentley Seventh Day Adventist Cemetery lies 13 miles [20.9 km] to the northwest of Fort Normandeau.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Bentley Seventh Day Adventist Cemetery
- Kuusamo Cemetery
- Bentley Cemetery
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the Bentley Cemetery
- The Bentley Cemetery is a large cemetery that is located outside and to the southeast of Bentley.To be precise, Bentley Cemetery lies 15 miles [24.1 km]<3> to the northwest of Fort Normandeau.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Bentley Cemetery
- Find-A-Grave: FAG ID #2414665<2>
- Innisfail Cemetery
- Fairview Cemetery
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the Fairview Cemetery
- Fairview Cemetery lies 16 miles [25.7 km]<3> to the northeast of Fort Normandeau.
- Fairview Cemetery has also been known as:
- Lacombe Cemetery
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Fairview Cemetery
- Find-A-Grave: FAG ID #2239693<2>
We've also created an expanded list of communities that existed in the 1890's and were located in the area around Fort Normandeau. See our List of 1890's Communities around Fort Normandeau.
Other Roadside Stops ...
Cities, Towns and Villages of Alberta
Off-the-Road Links ...
The official website for Province of Alberta: https://www.alberta.ca/
|<1>||We use the term 'Historic' broadly and it generally means that the community no longer exists. However, it can also mean that the community might still exist, but was significantly larger or had a more 'official' existence in the past than it does now. Unfortunately our sources of data have proven to be unreliable. If you can provide us with more specific information about Fort Normandeau, please let us know so that we can improve our accuracy.|
|<2>||The Find-a-Grave website is an excellent research tool with information about a cemetery's location and interments. They also offer a forum for their members which can provide additional help. More information about Find-a-Grave can be found on their website: findagrave.com.|
|<3>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'point-to-point' distance. A straight line distance ignores obstructions like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line drawn from Point A (ie- Fort Normandeau) to Point B.If you need the driving distance, we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Fort Normandeau. Since we usually use Google Maps for our own planning, we've provided the following link for your convenience: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from Fort NormandeauOur distance measurements begin at a specific point in Fort Normandeau. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 52.2599, Longitude: -113.8784 |