Our Genealogy Helper for Ferlow Junction ...
We have a couple of goals for our Gazetteer:
- That it be a tool that can help us with planning our trips.
- That it also helps us to understand the community in which our ancestors lived, the community that was part of their daily lives.
By learning about Ferlow Junction (and the surrounding area) during the time that our ancestors lived, we hope to have a better understanding of both their community and its relationship to their lifes. We hope that this tool helps to give us an insight into their world.
As we add data and organize our Gazetteer to help with our family research, we will be adding to this, our Genealogical Helper for Ferlow Junction. While we don't have information that is specific to any given person or family, we intend to expand our understanding about where and how people lived.
Websites to Help With Your Genealogy Research ...
When we do our genealogical research, we begin with the websites from Cyndi's List, FamilySearch and Genealogy Trails. These helpful websites offer the information directly or else point to where you can find it. Their information is open to everyone.
To help you get started, the following links will take you to the pages that are relevant to Ferlow Junction:
- Websites specific to Alberta
- Cemetery Information and Directories for Alberta
- Of Special Interest ...
- The GenDisasters website specializes in newspaper articles about tragedies and disasters. While it makes interesting reading all by itself, it should be of special interest to genealogists and family historians looking for people who were either affected by or directly involved in such tragedies.
- Stories from Alberta
Cemeteries Near Ferlow Junction ...
Below are cemeteries that are in the vicinity of Ferlow Junction.
This is a new section and is likely to have errors. If you find an error, such as a missing cemetery or we have the wrong name, please let us know. If you know of them, we would also appreciate learning about previous or alternate names.
If you need information about a burial or interment, photos, transcripts, how to contact the cemetery or local authorities, please visit our selection of Genealogy Websites (see below).
If not found below, our Cemetery List for Ferlow Junction covers a larger area, with the cemeteries listed in alphabetical order.
- Skafse Cemetery
- Moland Lutheran Cemetery
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the Moland Lutheran Cemetery
- Moland Lutheran Cemetery has also been known as:
- Moland Lutheran / Old Hoyme Cemetery
- Old Hoyme Cemetery
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Moland Lutheran Cemetery
- Valleyview Cemetery
- New Norway Cemetery
- Dried Meat Lake Cemetery
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the Dried Meat Lake Cemetery
- Dried Meat Lake Cemetery has also been known as:
- Dried Meat Lake United Church Cemetery
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Dried Meat Lake Cemetery
- Century Meadows Baptist Church Cemetery
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the Century Meadows Baptist Church Cemetery
- Century Meadows Baptist Church Cemetery lies 7 miles [11.3 km]<2> to the northwest of Ferlow Junction.
- Century Meadows Baptist Church Cemetery has also been known as:
- Fellowship Baptist Cemetery
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Century Meadows Baptist Church Cemetery
- Continue List ...
- Fridhem Lutheran Church Cemetery
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the Fridhem Lutheran Church Cemetery
- Fridhem Lutheran Church Cemetery lies 12 miles [19.3 km]<2> to the north of Ferlow Junction.
- Fridhem Lutheran Church Cemetery has also been known as:
- Fridhem Lutheran Cemetery
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Fridhem Lutheran Church Cemetery
- Find-A-Grave: FAG ID #2557087<1>
- Roseland Cemetery
- Fridhem Cemetery
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the Fridhem Cemetery
- The Fridhem Cemetery is located 4 miles [6.4 km]<2> to the west of Ferintosh.To be precise, Fridhem Cemetery lies 13 miles [20.9 km] to the south of Ferlow Junction.
- Fridhem Cemetery has also been known as:
- Fridhem Baptist Cemetery
- Fridhem Baptist Church Cemetery
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Fridhem Cemetery
- Find-A-Grave: FAG ID #2145013<1>
- Lakeview Cemetery
- Parkland Lutheran Church Cemetery
- Bawlf Lutheran Church Cemetery
- Larson Cemetery
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the Larson Cemetery
- Note: We haven't been able to verify our GPS coordinates for the Larson Cemetery. Although the coordinates have been estimated, they should be in the vicinity.<3>
- Larson Cemetery lies 13 miles [20.9 km]<2> to the east of Ferlow Junction.
- Larson Cemetery has also been known as:
- Larson Private Cemetery
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Larson Cemetery
- Find-A-Grave: FAG ID #2464331<1>
- Bethlehem Cemetery
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the Bethlehem Cemetery
- Bethlehem Cemetery lies 14 miles [22.5 km]<2> to the north of Ferlow Junction.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Bethlehem Cemetery
- Nashville Cemetery
We've also created an expanded list of communities that existed in the 1890's and were located in the area around Ferlow Junction. See our List of 1890's Communities around Ferlow Junction.
Other Roadside Stops ...
Find a Community in Alberta
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Ferlow Junction. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for Province of Alberta: https://www.alberta.ca/
|<1>||The Find-a-Grave website is an excellent research tool with information about a cemetery's location and interments. They also offer a forum for their members which can provide additional help. More information about Find-a-Grave can be found on their website: findagrave.com.|
|<2>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' distance. A straight line distance ignores things like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line drawn from Point A (ie- Ferlow Junction) to Point B.If you need the driving distance (or directions), we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Ferlow Junction. Since we usually use Google Maps for our own planning, we've provided the following link for your convenience: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from Ferlow JunctionOur distance measurements begin at a specific point in Ferlow Junction. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 52.9523, Longitude: -112.8825 |
|<3>||An 'estimated' location is one where we have been given GPS coordinates, but are unable to verify the accuracy of those coordinates. That said, we have some confidence that we have placed the marker near the actual location. A typical reason for being unable to verify a location is that it might be on private property or maybe historic and gone without an obvious trace.|