Communities Also Named Fabyan ...
We have found two communities that share the name Fabyan.
Within Alberta, the name Fabyan is unique.
Beyond Alberta, we know of another two communities that are located throughout in the United States.
- Communities Elsewhere In North America ...
- Windham County
- This Fabyan is located in Windham County and lies 1,942 miles [3,125.3 km]<1> to the east.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Fabyan
- For more information, please visit our profile page for the Windham County community of Fabyan.
- New Hampshire
- Coos County
- This Fabyan is located in Coos County and lies 1,874 miles [3,015.9 km]<1> to the east.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Fabyan
- For more information, please visit our profile page for the Coos County community of Fabyan.
Curious and Interesting Names Near Fabyan ...
As we travel, we always see a community with a name that gives pause. While there are names which are interesting or familiar, some catch our attention or strike our fancy. We always wonder about such a name. If time permits and the community is not too far, we'll usually try to make a side-trip.
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Czar
- Czar lies 30 miles [48.3 km]<1> to the south of Fabyan
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Czar
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Greenshields
- Greenshields lies 11 miles [17.7 km]<1> to the southeast of Fabyan
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Greenshields came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<2>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Greenshields
- Paradise Valley
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Paradise Valley
- Paradise Valley lies 29 miles [46.7 km]<1> to the east of Fabyan
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Paradise Valley came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<2>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Paradise Valley
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Viking
- Viking lies 35 miles [56.3 km]<1> to the northwest of Fabyan
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Viking came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<2>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Viking
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Viking<3>
How Far From Fabyan to ...
We spend a lot of time looking through Gazetteers that were published in the late 1800's and early 1900's. Many of the Gazetteers include the distance from a community such as Fabyan to various places of note, such as Parliament Hill.
With a nod to our favorite Gazetteers, the straight-line distance beginning in Fabyan and extending to:
- View Our List ...
- Edmonton, which is the Provincial Capital of Alberta, lies 113 miles [181.9 km]<1> to the west northwest (WNW). If you could drive a straight line from Fabyan to Edmonton, with an average speed<4>of 63 miles [101.4 km] per hour, it would take about two hours to make the trip. A comfortable walk of 2.2 miles [3.5 km] per hour would take 7 days. A horse and buggy averaging 3.2 miles [5.1 km] per hour would take 5 days.
- The National Capital at Parliament Hill (Ottawa, ON) is 1,655 miles [2,663.5 km] to the east (E). Driving would take most of three days, a buggy would take 65 days and walking would take 94 days.
- The shortest distance<5> to Jerusalem (specifically the Temple Mount and the Dome of the Rock) is 6,240 miles [10,042.3 km] and it lies to the north northeast (NNE).<6>
- The distance to the Great Mosque of Mecca (specifically the Ka'bah - or Kaaba ) is 7,008 miles [11,278.3 km] and it lies to the north northeast (NNE).<7>
- The distance to Saint Peter's Basilica (The Vatican) is 5,071 miles [8,161 km] and it lies to the northeast (NE).<8>
Other Roadside Stops ...
Search for a Community in Alberta
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Fabyan. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for Province of Alberta: https://www.alberta.ca/
|<1>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'point-to-point' distance. A straight line distance ignores obstructions like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line from Point A (ie- Fabyan) to Point B.If you need the driving distance (or directions), we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Fabyan. Since we usually use Google Maps, we've provided the following link for your convenience: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from FabyanOur distance measurements begin at a specific point in Fabyan. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 52.8816, Longitude: -110.9940 |
|<2>||If we have found a location and have questions about the accuracy of our information, we will simply say that the marker is 'in the vicinity'. We are not confident about the location and the position of our marker is only a rough guide. If we have too many doubts about the location, we will not include it in our database.|
|<3>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|
|<4>||While we have tried to pick reasonable speeds, the rate of travel is very theoretical - obstacles like fences, hills, lakes, river crossings and rest stops have been ignored. When we say 'Days' of travel, we're assuming 8 hours of travel per day.|
|<5>||The shortest line can be visualized by stretching a string on a Globe from Point A to Point B - this is known as a Great Circle Route. Where you might expect the shortest route from Fabyan to the Middle East to be East and South, the Great Circle Route actually lies to the North and East.|
|<6>||The calculated bearing (or angle) to Jerusalem is 331.80 degrees.|
|<7>||The calculated bearing (or angle) to Mecca is 332.409 degrees.|
|<8>||The calculated bearing (or angle) to the Vatican is 319.617 degrees.||