List of Neighboring Cemeteries ...
Below are cemeteries that are in the vicinity of Ensign (within 40 miles [64.4 km]<1>). The cemeteries are listed in alphabetical order.
The following cemeteries are located in .
- Alston Cemetery
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the Alston Cemetery
- Note: We haven't been able to verify our GPS coordinates for the Alston Cemetery. Although the coordinates have been estimated, they should be in the vicinity.<2>
- Alston Cemetery lies 22 miles [35.4 km]<1> to the southeast of Ensign.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Alston Cemetery
- Blackie Cemetery
- Bowville Cemetery
- Champion Cemetery
- Claresholm Cemetery
- Dalemead Cemetery
- Davisburg Cemetery
- Five Mile Peace Lutheran Cemetery
- Frankburg Cemetery
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the Frankburg Cemetery
- Frankburg Cemetery lies 10 miles [16.1 km]<1> to the northwest of Ensign.
- Frankburg Cemetery has also been known as:
- Frankburg Mormon Pioneer Cemetery
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Frankburg Cemetery
- Find-A-Grave: FAG ID #2404290<3>
- Gleichen Cemetery
- Highwood Cemetery
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the Highwood Cemetery
- Highwood Cemetery lies 20 miles [32.2 km]<1> to the northwest of Ensign.
- Highwood Cemetery has also been known as:
- High River Cemetery
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Highwood Cemetery
- Find-A-Grave: FAG ID #2180755<3>
- Lomond Cemetery
- Mt. View Mennonite Cemetery
- Nanton Town Cemetery
- Okotoks Cemetery
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the Okotoks Cemetery
- Okotoks Cemetery lies 29 miles [46.7 km]<1> to the northwest of Ensign.
- Okotoks Cemetery has also been known as:
- Union Cemetery
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Okotoks Cemetery
- Find-A-Grave: FAG ID #639341<3>
- Reid Hill Cemetery
- St. Cecilia RC Cemetery
- St. Vincent RC Cemetery
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the St. Vincent RC Cemetery
- St. Vincent RC Cemetery lies 22 miles [35.4 km]<1> to the southwest of Ensign.
- St. Vincent RC Cemetery has also been known as:
- St. Vincent Catholic Cemetery
- St. Vincent Cemetery
- Jump to Google Maps centered on St. Vincent RC Cemetery
- Stavely Cemetery
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the Stavely Cemetery
- The Stavely Cemetery is a large cemetery that is located outside and to the west of Stavely.More accurately, Stavely Cemetery lies 23 miles [37 km]<1> to the southwest of Ensign.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Stavely Cemetery
- Find-A-Grave: FAG ID #2135597<3>
- Strathmore Cemetery
- Vulcan Cemetery
In Closing ...
If you know of any cemeteries that we are missing in the area of Ensign, can you supply us with the name of the cemetery, its GPS location, whether the cemetery is still in use or if it is historic (ie- defunct, abandoned, etc.). If it applies, we would also like to learn of any past or alternate names that the cemetery has been known by.
If you don't know the GPS location (ie- the latitude/longitude) of a cemetery, please use our Map Page for Ensign to determine the cemetery's position (the instructions for finding the latitude/longitude can be found below the map).
If you need information about a burial or interment, photos, transcripts, how to contact the cemetery or local authorities, please visit our list of websites on our Genealogy Helper Page for Ensign.
Other Roadside Stops ...
Recent Changes to RoadsideThoughts ...
Find a Community in Alberta
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of an official website for Ensign. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for Province of Alberta: https://www.alberta.ca/
Need help with your genealogy? We recommend a visit to these websites when searching in and around the area of Ensign:
Links at Cyndi's List:
for Province of Alberta
Links at Family Search:
for Province of Alberta
We have a longer, more detailed list of websites on our Genealogy Helper Page for Ensign.
|<1>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'point-to-point' distance. A straight line distance ignores things like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line drawn from Point A (ie- Ensign) to Point B.If you need the driving distance (or directions), we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Ensign. Since we usually use Google Maps for our own planning, we've provided the following link: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from EnsignOur distance measurements begin at a specific point in Ensign. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 50.4667, Longitude: -113.4333 |
|<2>||An 'estimated' location is one where we have been given GPS coordinates, but are unable to verify the accuracy of those coordinates. That said, we have some confidence that we have placed the marker near the actual location. A typical reason for being unable to verify a location is that it might be on private property or maybe historic and gone without an obvious trace.|
|<3>||The Find-a-Grave website is an excellent research tool with information about a cemetery's location and interments. They also offer a forum for their members which can provide additional help. More information about Find-a-Grave can be found on their website: findagrave.com.|