Our Genealogy Helper for Ellscott ...
We have a couple of goals for our Gazetteer:
- That it be a tool that can help us with planning our trips.
- That it also helps us to understand the community in which our ancestors lived, the community that was part of their daily lives.
By learning about Ellscott (and the surrounding area) during the time that our ancestors lived, we hope to have a better understanding of both their community and its relationship to their lifes. We hope that this tool helps to give us an insight into their world.
As we add data and organize our Gazetteer to help with our family research, we will be adding to this, our Genealogical Helper for Ellscott. While we don't have information that is specific to any given person or family, we intend to expand our understanding about where and how people lived.
Websites to Help With Your Genealogy Research ...
When we do our genealogical research, we first visit the websites from Cyndi's List, FamilySearch and Genealogy Trails. These websites either offer the information directly or else point to where you can find it. Their information is open to everyone.
To help you get started, the following links will take you to the pages that are relevant to Ellscott:
- Websites specific to Alberta
- Cemetery Information and Directories for Alberta
- Of Special Interest ...
- The GenDisasters website specializes in newspaper articles about tragedies and disasters. While it makes interesting reading all by itself, it should be of special interest to genealogists and family historians looking for people who were either affected by or directly involved in such tragedies.
- Stories from Alberta
Cemeteries Near Ellscott ...
Below are cemeteries that are in the vicinity of Ellscott.
This is a new section and is likely to have errors. If you find an error, such as a missing cemetery or we have the wrong name, please let us know. If you know of them, we would also appreciate learning about previous or alternate names.
If you need information about a burial or interment, photos, transcripts, how to contact the cemetery or local authorities, please visit our selection of Genealogy Websites (see below).
If not found below, our Cemetery List for Ellscott covers a larger area, with the cemeteries listed in alphabetical order.
- Cash Creek Cemetery
- Boyle Municipal Cemetery
- St. Alphonsus RC Cemetery
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the St. Alphonsus RC Cemetery
- St. Alphonsus RC Cemetery lies 6 miles [9.7 km]<1> to the north of Ellscott.
- St. Alphonsus RC Cemetery has also been known as:
- St. Alphonsus Cemetery
- St. Alphonsus RC Cemetery
- Jump to Google Maps centered on St. Alphonsus RC Cemetery
- Newbrook Community Cemetery
- Holy Spirit Ukrainian Catholic Cemetery
- Jordan W. Murphy Cemetery
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the Jordan W. Murphy Cemetery
- Jordan W. Murphy Cemetery lies 14 miles [22.5 km]<1> to the north of Ellscott.
- Jordan W. Murphy Cemetery has also been known as:
- Amber Valley Cemetery
- Amber Valley / Jordan W. Murphy Cemetery
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Jordan W. Murphy Cemetery
- Find-A-Grave: FAG ID #2302070<2>
- Continue List ...
- Ferguson District Cemetery
- Donatville RC Cemetery
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the Donatville RC Cemetery
- Donatville RC Cemetery lies 18 miles [29 km]<1> to the north of Ellscott.
- Donatville RC Cemetery has also been known as:
- Donatville Cemetery
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Donatville RC Cemetery
- Meanook Cemetery
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the Meanook Cemetery
- The Meanook Cemetery is located outside and to the northwest of Meanook.More precisely, Meanook Cemetery lies 18 miles [29 km]<1> to the west of Ellscott.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Meanook Cemetery
- Abee Cemetery
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the Abee Cemetery
- Note: We haven't been able to verify our GPS coordinates for the Abee Cemetery. Although the coordinates have been estimated, they should be in the vicinity.<3>
- The Abee Cemetery is located outside and to the southwest of Abee.Stated another way, Abee Cemetery lies 19 miles [30.6 km]<1> to the south of Ellscott.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Abee Cemetery
- St. Alban Cemetery
- Athabasca Municipal Cemetery
- St. Michaels Cemetery
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the St. Michaels Cemetery
- St. Michaels Cemetery lies 22 miles [35.4 km]<1> to the south of Ellscott.
- St. Michaels Cemetery has also been known as:
- Weasel Creek Cemetery
- Jump to Google Maps centered on St. Michaels Cemetery
- Find-A-Grave: FAG ID #2589907<2>
- Grassland Cemetery
- Peaceful Pines Cemetery
We've also created an expanded list of communities that existed in the 1890's and were located in the area around Ellscott. See our List of 1890's Communities around Ellscott.
Other Roadside Stops ...
Find a Community within Alberta
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Ellscott. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for Province of Alberta: https://www.alberta.ca/
|<1>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' distance. A straight line distance ignores obstructions like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line from Point A (ie- Ellscott) to Point B.If you need the driving distance, we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Ellscott. Since we usually use Google Maps for our own planning, we've provided the following link: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from EllscottOur distance measurements begin at a specific point in Ellscott. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 54.5036, Longitude: -112.9008 |
|<2>||The Find-a-Grave website is an excellent research tool with information about a cemetery's location and interments. They also offer a forum for their members which can provide additional help. More information about Find-a-Grave can be found on their website: findagrave.com.|
|<3>||An 'estimated' location is one where we have been given GPS coordinates, but are unable to verify the accuracy of those coordinates. That said, we have some confidence that we have placed the marker near the actual location. A typical reason for being unable to verify a location is that it might be on private property or maybe historic and gone without an obvious trace.|