Our Genealogy Helper for Elkwater ...
We have a couple of goals for our Gazetteer:
- That it be a tool which helps us with planning our trips.
- We're trying to shape our Gazetteer as a tool to help us understand the community in which our ancestors lived, the community that was part of their daily lives.
- On our trips, we try to visit those places where our ancestors left their footprints.
By learning about Elkwater (and the surrounding area) during the time that our ancestors lived, we hope to have a better understanding of both their community and its relationship to their lifes. We hope that this tool helps to give us an insight into their world.
As we add data and organize our Gazetteer to help with our family research, we will be adding to this our Genealogical Helper for Elkwater. While we don't have information that is specific to any given person or family, we intend to expand our understanding about where and how people lived.
Websites to Help With Your Genealogy Research ...
When we do our genealogical research, we like to start with the websites from Cyndi's List, FamilySearch and Genealogy Trails. These helpful websites offer the information directly or else point to where you can find it. Their information is open to everyone.
To help you get started, the following links will take you to the pages that are relevant to Elkwater:
- Websites specific to Alberta
- Cemetery Information and Directories for Alberta
- Of Special Interest ...
- The GenDisasters website specializes in newspaper articles about tragedies and disasters. While it makes interesting reading all by itself, it should be of special interest to genealogists and family historians looking for people who were either affected by or directly involved in such tragedies.
- Stories from Alberta
- Stories from Saskatchewan
Cemeteries Near Elkwater ...
Below are cemeteries that are in the vicinity of Elkwater.
This is a new section and is likely to have errors. If you find an error, such as a missing cemetery or we have the wrong name, please let us know. If you know of them, we would also appreciate learning about previous or alternate names.
If you need information about a burial or interment, photos, transcripts, how to contact the cemetery or local authorities, please visit our selection of Genealogy Websites (see below).
If not found below, our Cemetery List for Elkwater covers a larger area, with the cemeteries listed in alphabetical order.
- Graburn United Cemetery
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the Graburn United Cemetery
- Note: We haven't been able to verify our GPS coordinates for the Graburn United Cemetery. Although the coordinates have been estimated, they should be in the vicinity.<1>
- Graburn United Cemetery lies 12 miles [19.3 km]<2> to the north of Elkwater.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Graburn United Cemetery
- Find-A-Grave: FAG ID #2470961<3>
- New Home Cemetery
- Evangelical Lutheran Church of Zion Cemetery
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the Evangelical Lutheran Church of Zion Cemetery
- The Evangelical Lutheran Church of Zion Cemetery is located 4 miles [6.4 km]<2> to the south of Manyberries.Stated another way, Evangelical Lutheran Church of Zion Cemetery lies 21 miles [33.8 km] to the southwest of Elkwater.
- Evangelical Lutheran Church of Zion Cemetery has also been known as:
- Evangelical Lutheran Church of Canada (ELCC) Cemetery
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Evangelical Lutheran Church of Zion Cemetery
- Find-A-Grave: FAG ID #2549406<3>
- Little Knoll Finnish Lutheran Cemetery
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the Little Knoll Finnish Lutheran Cemetery
- The Little Knoll Finnish Lutheran Cemetery is located 3 miles [4.8 km]<2> to the southwest of Manyberries.Little Knoll Finnish Lutheran Cemetery lies 22 miles [35.4 km] to the southwest of Elkwater.
- Little Knoll Finnish Lutheran Cemetery has also been known as:
- Finnish Little Knoll Cemetery
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Little Knoll Finnish Lutheran Cemetery
- Find-A-Grave: FAG ID #2548173<3>
- Christman Cemetery
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the Christman Cemetery
- Note: We haven't been able to verify our GPS coordinates for the Christman Cemetery. Although the coordinates have been estimated, they should be in the vicinity.<1>
- Christman Cemetery lies 23 miles [37 km]<2> to the northeast of Elkwater.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Christman Cemetery
- Find-A-Grave: FAG ID #2492836<3>
- Manyberries Cemetery
We've also created an expanded list of communities that existed in the 1890's and were located in the area around Elkwater. See our List of 1890's Communities around Elkwater.
Other Roadside Stops ...
Recent Changes to RoadsideThoughts ...
Find a Community located in Alberta
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Elkwater. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for Province of Alberta: https://www.alberta.ca/
|<1>||An 'estimated' location is one where we have been given GPS coordinates, but are unable to verify the accuracy of those coordinates. That said, we have some confidence that we have placed the marker near the actual location. A typical reason for being unable to verify a location is that it might be on private property or maybe historic and gone without an obvious trace.|
|<2>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' (or point-to-point) distance. A straight line distance ignores things like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line drawn from Point A (ie- Elkwater) to Point B.If you need the driving distance, we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Elkwater. Since we usually use Google Maps, we've provided the following link: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from ElkwaterOur distance measurements begin at a specific point in Elkwater. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 49.6596, Longitude: -110.2839 |
|<3>||The Find-a-Grave website is an excellent research tool with information about a cemetery's location and interments. They also offer a forum for their members which can provide additional help. More information about Find-a-Grave can be found on their website: findagrave.com.|