Curious and Interesting Names Near Eaglesham ...
As we travel, we always see a community with a name that gives pause. While there are names which are interesting or familiar, some catch our attention or strike our fancy. We always wonder about such a name. If time permits and the community is not too far, we'll usually try to make a side-trip.
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Bluesky
- Bluesky lies 23 miles [37 km]<1> to the northwest of Eaglesham.
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Bluesky came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<2>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Bluesky
- Peace River
- Spirit River
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Spirit River
- Spirit River lies 36 miles [57.9 km]<1> to the west of Eaglesham.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Spirit River
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Tangent
- Tangent lies 8 miles [12.9 km]<1> to the east of Eaglesham.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Tangent
- Teepee Creek
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Teepee Creek
- Teepee Creek lies 26 miles [41.8 km]<1> to the southwest of Eaglesham.
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Teepee Creek came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<2>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Teepee Creek
How Far From Eaglesham to ...
We spend a lot of time looking through Gazetteers that were published in the late 1800's and early 1900's. Many of the Gazetteers include the distance from a community such as Eaglesham to various places of note, such as Parliament Hill.
With a nod to our favorite Gazetteers, the straight-line distance beginning in Eaglesham and extending to:
- Edmonton, which is the Provincial Capital of Alberta, lies 233 miles [375 km]<1> to the southeast (SE). If you could drive a straight line from Eaglesham to Edmonton, with an average speed<4>of 63 miles [101.4 km] per hour, it would take nearly four hours to make the trip. A comfortable walk of 2.2 miles [3.5 km] per hour would take 14 days. A horse and buggy averaging 3.2 miles [5.1 km] per hour would take 10 days.
- The National Capital at Parliament Hill (Ottawa, ON) is 1,946 miles [3,131.8 km] to the east (E). Driving would take three full days, a buggy would take 76 days and walking would take 111 days.
- The shortest distance<5> to Jerusalem (specifically the Temple Mount and the Dome of the Rock) is 6,178 miles [9,942.5 km] and it lies to the north northeast (NNE).<6>
- The distance to the Great Mosque of Mecca (specifically the Ka'bah - or Kaaba ) is 6,940 miles [11,168.8 km] and it lies to the north northeast (NNE).<7>
- The distance to Saint Peter's Basilica (The Vatican) is 5,086 miles [8,185.1 km] and it lies to the northeast (NE).<8>
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Eaglesham. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for Province of Alberta: https://www.alberta.ca/
|<1>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' (or point-to-point) distance. A straight line distance ignores things like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line from Point A (ie- Eaglesham) to Point B.If you need the driving distance, we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Eaglesham. Since we usually use Google Maps for our own planning, we've provided the following link: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from EagleshamOur distance measurements begin at a specific point in Eaglesham. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 55.7833, Longitude: -117.9000 |
|<2>||If we found a location and have questions about the accuracy of our information, we will simply say that the marker is 'in the vicinity'. We are not confident about the location and the position of our marker is only a rough guide. If we have too many doubts about the location, we will not include it in our database.|
|<3>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|
|<4>||While we have tried to pick reasonable speeds, the rate of travel is very theoretical - obstacles like fences, hills, lakes, river crossings and rest stops have been ignored. When we say 'Days' of travel, we're assuming 8 hours of travel per day.|
|<5>||The shortest line can be visualized by stretching a string on a Globe from Point A to Point B - this is known as a Great Circle Route. Where you might expect the shortest route from Eaglesham to the Middle East to be East and South, the Great Circle Route actually lies to the North and East.|
|<6>||The calculated bearing (or angle) to Jerusalem is 337.408 degrees.|
|<7>||The calculated bearing (or angle) to Mecca is 338.969 degrees.|
|<8>||The calculated bearing (or angle) to the Vatican is 323.768 degrees.||