Our Genealogy Helper for Dunmore ...
We have a couple of goals for our Gazetteer:
- That it be a tool that can help us with planning our trips.
- That it also helps us to understand the community in which our ancestors lived, the community that was part of their daily lives.
By learning about Dunmore (and the surrounding area) during the time that our ancestors lived, we hope to have a better understanding of both their community and its relationship to their lifes. We hope that this tool helps to give us an insight into their world.
As we add data and organize our Gazetteer to help with our family research, we will be adding to this, our Genealogical Helper for Dunmore. While we don't have information that is specific to any given person or family, we intend to expand our understanding about where and how people lived.
Websites to Help With Your Genealogy Research ...
When we do our genealogical research, we like to start with the websites from Cyndi's List, FamilySearch and Genealogy Trails. These websites offer the information directly or else point to where you can find it. Their information is open to everyone.
To help you get started, the following links will take you to the pages that are relevant to Dunmore:
- Websites specific to Alberta
- Cemetery Information and Directories for Alberta
- Of Special Interest ...
- The GenDisasters website specializes in newspaper articles about tragedies and disasters. While it makes interesting reading all by itself, it should be of special interest to genealogists and family historians looking for people who were either affected by or directly involved in such tragedies.
- Stories from Alberta
Cemeteries Near Dunmore ...
Below are cemeteries that are in the vicinity of Dunmore.
This is a new section and is likely to have errors. If you find an error, such as a missing cemetery or we have the wrong name, please let us know. If you know of them, we would also appreciate learning about previous or alternate names.
If you need information about a burial or interment, photos, transcripts, how to contact the cemetery or local authorities, please visit our selection of Genealogy Websites (see below).
If not found below, our Cemetery List for Dunmore covers a larger area, with the cemeteries listed in alphabetical order.
- Kin Coulee Cemetery
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the Kin Coulee Cemetery
- Kin Coulee Cemetery lies 6 miles [9.7 km]<1> to the northwest of Dunmore.
- Kin Coulee Cemetery has also been known as:
- St. Barnabas Church Cemetery
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Kin Coulee Cemetery
- Find-A-Grave: FAG ID #2470621<2>
- Hillside Cemetery
- Saamis Prairie View Cemetery
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the Saamis Prairie View Cemetery
- Saamis Prairie View Cemetery lies 7 miles [11.3 km]<1> to the west of Dunmore.
- Saamis Prairie View Cemetery has also been known as:
- Chapel Lawn Memorial Gardens
- Prairie View Cemetery
- Saamis Prairie View / Chapel Lawn Memorial Gardens
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Saamis Prairie View Cemetery
- Find-A-Grave: FAG ID #2193982<2>
- Redcliff Cemetery
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the Redcliff Cemetery
- Redcliff Cemetery lies 11 miles [17.7 km]<1> to the northwest of Dunmore.
- Redcliff Cemetery has also been known as:
- Redcliff Community Cemetery
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Redcliff Cemetery
- Find-A-Grave: FAG ID #2309461<2>
- Seven Persons Cemetery
- Graburn United Cemetery
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the Graburn United Cemetery
- Note: We haven't been able to verify our GPS coordinates for the Graburn United Cemetery. Although the coordinates have been estimated, they should be in the vicinity.<3>
- Graburn United Cemetery lies 20 miles [32.2 km]<1> to the southeast of Dunmore.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Graburn United Cemetery
- Find-A-Grave: FAG ID #2470961<2>
- Continue List ...
- Whitla Cemetery
- Congregational Church Cemetery
- St. Anthony RC Church Cemetery
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the St. Anthony RC Church Cemetery
- St. Anthony RC Church Cemetery lies 29 miles [46.7 km]<1> to the southwest of Dunmore.
- St. Anthony RC Church Cemetery has also been known as:
- St. Anthony RC Cemetery
- St. Anthony's Cemetery
- Jump to Google Maps centered on St. Anthony RC Church Cemetery
- Find-A-Grave: FAG ID #2548158<2>
We've also created an expanded list of communities that existed in the 1890's and were located in the area around Dunmore. See our List of 1890's Communities around Dunmore.
Other Roadside Stops ...
Find a Community located in Alberta
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Dunmore. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for Province of Alberta: https://www.alberta.ca/
|<1>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'point-to-point' distance. A straight line distance ignores obstructions like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line drawn from Point A (ie- Dunmore) to Point B.If you need the driving distance, we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Dunmore. Since we usually use Google Maps for our own planning, we've provided the following link for your convenience: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from DunmoreOur distance measurements begin at a specific point in Dunmore. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 49.9667, Longitude: -110.5833 |
|<2>||The Find-a-Grave website is an excellent research tool with information about a cemetery's location and interments. They also offer a forum for their members which can provide additional help. More information about Find-a-Grave can be found on their website: findagrave.com.|
|<3>||An 'estimated' location is one where we have been given GPS coordinates, but are unable to verify the accuracy of those coordinates. That said, we have some confidence that we have placed the marker near the actual location. A typical reason for being unable to verify a location is that it might be on private property or maybe historic and gone without an obvious trace.|