Communities Also Named Duhamel ...
We found one communities that share the name Duhamel.
Within Alberta, the name Duhamel is unique.
Beyond Alberta, there is another community also named Duhamel in Canada.
- Communities Elsewhere In North America ...
- This Duhamel lies 1,742 miles [2,803.5 km]<1> to the east.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Duhamel
Curious and Interesting Names Near Duhamel ...
As we travel, we always see a community with a name that gives pause. While there are names which are interesting or familiar, some catch our attention or strike our fancy. We always wonder about such a name. If time permits and the community is not too far, we'll usually try to make a side-trip.
- Hay Lakes
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Hay Lakes
- Hay Lakes lies 19 miles [30.6 km]<1> to the north of Duhamel.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Hay Lakes
- Meeting Creek
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Meeting Creek
- Meeting Creek lies 18 miles [29 km]<1> to the southeast of Duhamel.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Meeting Creek
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Mirror
- Mirror lies 31 miles [49.9 km]<1> to the south of Duhamel.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Mirror
- New Norway
- Rolly View
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Rolly View
- Rolly View lies 27 miles [43.5 km]<1> to the northwest of Duhamel.
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Rolly View came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<3>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Rolly View
- Round Hill
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Round Hill
- Round Hill lies 22 miles [35.4 km]<1> to the northeast of Duhamel.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Round Hill
How Far From Duhamel to ...
We spend a lot of time looking through Gazetteers, Almanacs & Directories that were published in the late 1800's and early 1900's. Many of the Gazetteers include the distance from a community such as Duhamel to various places of note, such as Parliament Hill.
With a nod to our favorite Gazetteers, the straight-line distance beginning in Duhamel and extending to:
- Edmonton, which is the Provincial Capital of Alberta, lies 48 miles [77.2 km]<1> to the north northwest (NNW). If you could walk a straight line from Duhamel to Edmonton, with an average speed<4> of 2.2 miles [3.5 km] per hour, it would take about three full days to make the trip. A horse and buggy averaging 3.2 miles [5.1 km] per hour would take most of two days.
- The National Capital at Parliament Hill (Ottawa, ON) is 1,737 miles [2,795.4 km] to the east (E). Driving, with an average speed of 63 miles [101.4 km] per hour, would take most of three days, a buggy would take 68 days and walking would take 99 days.
- The shortest distance<5> to Jerusalem (specifically the Temple Mount and the Dome of the Rock) is 6,275 miles [10,098.6 km] and it lies to the north northeast (NNE).<6>
- The distance to the Great Mosque of Mecca (specifically the Ka'bah - or Kaaba ) is 7,042 miles [11,333 km] and it lies to the north northeast (NNE).<7>
- The distance to Saint Peter's Basilica (The Vatican) is 5,121 miles [8,241.5 km] and it lies to the northeast (NE).<8>
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Duhamel. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for Province of Alberta: https://www.alberta.ca/
|<1>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' distance. A straight line distance ignores things like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line drawn from Point A (ie- Duhamel) to Point B.If you need the driving distance, we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Duhamel. Since we usually use Google Maps for our own planning, we've provided the following link for your convenience: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from DuhamelOur distance measurements begin at a specific point in Duhamel. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 52.9167, Longitude: -112.9667 |
|<2>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|
|<3>||If we found a location and have questions about the accuracy of our information, we will simply say that the marker is 'in the vicinity'. We are not confident about the location and the position of our marker is only a rough guide. If we have too many doubts about the location, we will not include it in our database.|
|<4>||While we have tried to pick reasonable speeds, the rate of travel is very theoretical - obstacles like fences, hills, lakes, river crossings and rest stops have been ignored. When we say 'Days' of travel, we're assuming 8 hours of travel per day.|
|<5>||The shortest line can be visualized by stretching a string on a Globe from Point A to Point B - this is known as a Great Circle Route. Where you might expect the shortest route from Duhamel to the Middle East to be East and South, the Great Circle Route actually lies to the North and East.|
|<6>||The calculated bearing (or angle) to Jerusalem is 333.385 degrees.|
|<7>||The calculated bearing (or angle) to Mecca is 334.207 degrees.|
|<8>||The calculated bearing (or angle) to the Vatican is 320.918 degrees.||