Communities Also Named Dimsdale ...
We have found one communities that share the name Dimsdale.
Within Alberta, the name Dimsdale is unique.
Beyond Alberta, there is another community also named Dimsdale in the United States.
- Communities Elsewhere In North America ...
- North Carolina
- Polk County
- We found mention of this community, but have little information.<1> For the information that we do have, please visit our profile page for the North Carolina community of Dimsdale [Polk County].
Curious and Interesting Names Near Dimsdale ...
As we travel, we always see a community with a name that gives pause. While there are names which are interesting or familiar, some catch our attention or strike our fancy. We always wonder about such a name. If time permits and the community is not too far, we'll usually try to make a side-trip.
- Bear Lake
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Bear Lake
- Bear Lake lies 10 miles [16.1 km]<2> to the north of Dimsdale
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Bear Lake
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Beaverlodge
- Beaverlodge lies 18 miles [29 km]<2> to the west of Dimsdale
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Beaverlodge came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<3>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Beaverlodge
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Beaverlodge<4>
How Far From Dimsdale to ...
We spend a lot of time looking through Gazetteers & Almanacs that were published in the late 1800's and early 1900's. Many of the Gazetteers include the distance from a community such as Dimsdale to various places of note, such as Parliament Hill.
With a nod to our favorite Gazetteers, the straight-line distance beginning in Dimsdale and extending to:
- View Our List ...
- Edmonton, which is the Provincial Capital of Alberta, lies 246 miles [395.9 km]<2> to the east southeast (ESE). If you could drive a straight line from Dimsdale to Edmonton, with an average speed<5>of 63 miles [101.4 km] per hour, it would take nearly four hours to make the trip. A comfortable walk of 2.2 miles [3.5 km] per hour would take 14 days. A horse and buggy averaging 3.2 miles [5.1 km] per hour would take 10 days.
- The National Capital at Parliament Hill (Ottawa, ON) is 1,986 miles [3,196.2 km] to the east (E). Driving would take three full days, a buggy would take 78 days and walking would take 113 days.
- The shortest distance<6> to Jerusalem (specifically the Temple Mount and the Dome of the Rock) is 6,236 miles [10,035.9 km] and it lies to the north northeast (NNE).<7>
- The distance to the Great Mosque of Mecca (specifically the Ka'bah - or Kaaba ) is 6,997 miles [11,260.6 km] and it lies to the north northeast (NNE).<8>
- The distance to Saint Peter's Basilica (The Vatican) is 5,147 miles [8,283.3 km] and it lies to the northeast (NE).<9>
Other Roadside Stops ...
Find a Community in Alberta
Off-the-Road Links ...
The official website for Province of Alberta: https://www.alberta.ca/
|<1>||If we encounter the name of what might be a community, our methodology is to add that name to our Gazetteer as a placeholder. As we find more information about that community, it will be added to our Gazetteer.|
Just as a reminder: Our definition of a community is rather broad and includes those places (or areas) where several families lived and had a name which identified that place. For example, you might hear somebody say that they are going over to Rock Creek to see Pete ... Rock Creek is just a gas station and a couple of homes at the crossroads. While it might not be on the map, everybody in the area knows it by that name.
Places of interest include buildings at a crossroad, several families clustered in a hollow or maybe the location of a way station. It also includes places like mines, lumber camps, ferry crossings, etc. The community might still exist, is now gone or only existed for just a short period of time.
Also keep in mind that Dimsdale could have been on the original document by mistake, misspelled, the original/alternate name of a community that we've listed elsewhere or was placed in the wrong . Sometimes a post office or train station would have a different name than the community where it's located, so two names might be referring to the same community - we're working to straighten it all out.
|<2>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' (or point-to-point) distance. A straight line distance ignores things like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line drawn from Point A (ie- Dimsdale) to Point B.If you need the driving distance, we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Dimsdale. Since we usually use Google Maps, we've provided the following link: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from DimsdaleOur distance measurements begin at a specific point in Dimsdale. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 55.1333, Longitude: -118.9833 |
|<3>||If we have found a location and have questions about the accuracy of our information, we will simply say that the marker is 'in the vicinity'. We are not confident about the location and the position of our marker is only a rough guide. If we have too many doubts about the location, we will not include it in our database.|
|<4>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|
|<5>||While we have tried to pick reasonable speeds, the rate of travel is very theoretical - obstacles like fences, hills, lakes, river crossings and rest stops have been ignored. When we say 'Days' of travel, we're assuming 8 hours of travel per day.|
|<6>||The shortest line can be visualized by stretching a string on a Globe from Point A to Point B - this is known as a Great Circle Route. Where you might expect the shortest route from Dimsdale to the Middle East to be East and South, the Great Circle Route actually lies to the North and East.|
|<7>||The calculated bearing (or angle) to Jerusalem is 338.30 degrees.|
|<8>||The calculated bearing (or angle) to Mecca is 339.929 degrees.|
|<9>||The calculated bearing (or angle) to the Vatican is 324.627 degrees.||