Welcome to Dimsdale ...
Although we found mention of Dimsdale during our research, we really don't have any information about it.<1> Given the context of how Dimsdale was mentioned, we believe that it was a community rather than a locale or some type of landmark. We have done a cursory search and if it was a community, we haven't been able to find any evidence that it still exists..
We've added Dimsdale to our Gazetteer with the hope that we can develop more information. If you can help us with Dimsdale, please Contact Us.
Time Zone: The area where we believe that Dimsdale might be (or was) located is in the Mountain Time Zone (MST/MDT) and observes daylight saving time. The time zone in French: MST- Heure Normale des Rocheuses (HNR), MDT- Heure Avancée des Rocheuses (HAR).
We believe that Dimsdale would be found within the (780) and (587)<2> area codes.
Communities Also Named Dimsdale ...
Using our Gazetteer, we have found another community named Dimsdale - it's located in North Carolina.
For more information, see our Tidbits & Trivia Page for Dimsdale.
Communities near Dimsdale ...
We have created a list of 10 communities that are near Dimsdale.
- Grande Prairie (7 miles [11.3 km] to the east)
- Sexsmith (17 miles [27.4 km] to the northeast)
- Beaverlodge (18 miles [29 km] to the west)
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Beaverlodge
- Beaverlodge lies 18 miles [29 km]<3> to the west of Dimsdale
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Beaverlodge came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<5>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Beaverlodge
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Beaverlodge<4>
- Clairmont (11 miles [17.7 km] to the northeast)
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Clairmont
- Clairmont lies 11 miles [17.7 km]<3> to the northeast of Dimsdale
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Clairmont came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<5>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Clairmont
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Clairmont<4>
- Wembley (6 miles [9.7 km] to the west)
- Buffalo Lake (17 miles [27.4 km] to the north)
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Buffalo Lake
- Buffalo Lake lies 17 miles [27.4 km]<3> to the north of Dimsdale
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Buffalo Lake came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<5>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Buffalo Lake
- La Glace (18 miles [29 km] to the north)
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for La Glace
- La Glace lies 18 miles [29 km]<3> to the north of Dimsdale
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for La Glace came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<5>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on La Glace
- Riverview Pines Subdivision (3 miles [4.8 km] to the south)
- Grovedale (8 miles [12.9 km] to the southeast)
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Grovedale
- Grovedale lies 8 miles [12.9 km]<3> to the southeast of Dimsdale
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Grovedale
- Bear Lake (10 miles [16.1 km] to the north)
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Bear Lake
- Bear Lake lies 10 miles [16.1 km]<3> to the north of Dimsdale
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Bear Lake
TripAdvisor Tourism Pages for Dimsdale ...
Looking for more information about Dimsdale? A wonderful source is the TripAdvisor website. We always start with the TripAdvisor Tourism page, where you can read an overview with links that will help you find lodging, restaurants and attractions.
While we are unaware of a Tourism page that is specific to Dimsdale, there are neighboring communities that do have Tourism pages. A map of those communities can be found with our TripAdvisor Page for Dimsdale.
Other Roadside Stops ...
Recent Changes to RoadsideThoughts ...
Mentions & References for Dimsdale
Find a Community within Alberta
Off-the-Road Links ...
The official website for Province of Alberta: https://www.alberta.ca/
|<1>||If we encounter the name of what might be a community, our methodology is to add that name to our Gazetteer. For example, we might find a sentence like "He went south past Dimsdale and then turned west". While Dimsdale could be some kind of landmark, we think that it's more likely to be a community. We've added Dimsdale as a placeholder with the hope that we'll be able to add more information in the future.|
Just as a reminder: Our definition of a community is rather broad and includes those places (or areas) where several families lived and had a name which identified that place. For example, you might hear somebody say that they are going over to Mile's to see Pete ... Mile's is just a gas station and a couple of homes at the crossroads. While it might not be on the map, everybody in the area knows it by that name.
Places of interest include buildings at a crossroad, several families clustered in a hollow or maybe the location of a way station. It also includes places like mines, lumber camps, ferry crossings, etc. The community might still exist, is now gone or only existed for just a short period of time.
Also keep in mind that Dimsdale could have been on the original document by mistake, misspelled, the original/alternate name of a community that we've listed elsewhere or was placed in the wrong . Sometimes a post office or train station would have a different name than the community where it's located, so two names might be referring to the same community - we're working to straighten it all out.
|<2>||Area code (587) is an overlay for area code (780).|
|<3>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' (or point-to-point) distance. A straight line distance ignores things like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line from Point A (ie- Dimsdale) to Point B.If you need the driving distance (or directions), we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Dimsdale. Since we usually use Google Maps for our own planning, we've provided the following link: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from DimsdaleOur distance measurements begin at a specific point in Dimsdale. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 55.1333, Longitude: -118.9833 |
|<4>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|
|<5>||If we have found a location and have questions about the accuracy of our information, we will simply say that the marker is 'in the vicinity'. We are not confident about the location and the position of our marker is only a rough guide. If we have too many doubts about the location, we will not include it in our database.|