Our Genealogy Helper for Delburne ...
We have a couple of goals for our Gazetteer:
- That it be a tool which helps us with planning our trips.
- We're trying to shape our Gazetteer as a tool to help us understand the community in which our ancestors lived, the community that was part of their daily lives.
- On our trips, we try to visit those places where our ancestors left their footprints.
By learning about Delburne (and the surrounding area) during the time that our ancestors lived, we hope to have a better understanding of both their community and its relationship to their lifes. We hope that this tool helps to give us an insight into their world.
As we add data and organize our Gazetteer to help with our family research, we will be adding to this our Genealogical Helper for Delburne. While we don't have information that is specific to any given person or family, we intend to expand our understanding about where and how people lived.
Websites to Help With Your Genealogy Research ...
When we do our genealogical research, we begin with the websites from Cyndi's List, FamilySearch and Genealogy Trails. These helpful websites offer the information directly or else point to where you can find it. Their information is open to everyone.
To help you get started, the following links will take you to the pages that are relevant to Delburne:
- Websites specific to Alberta
- Cemetery Information and Directories for Alberta
- Of Special Interest ...
- The GenDisasters website specializes in newspaper articles about tragedies and disasters. While it makes interesting reading all by itself, it should be of special interest to genealogists and family historians looking for people who were either affected by or directly involved in such tragedies.
- Stories from Alberta
Cemeteries Near Delburne ...
Below are cemeteries that are in the vicinity of Delburne.
This is a new section and is likely to have errors. If you find an error, such as a missing cemetery or we have the wrong name, please let us know. If you know of them, we would also appreciate learning about previous or alternate names.
If you need information about a burial or interment, photos, transcripts, how to contact the cemetery or local authorities, please visit our selection of Genealogy Websites (see below).
If not found below, our Cemetery List for Delburne covers a larger area, with the cemeteries listed in alphabetical order.
- Delburne Cemetery
- Lousana Cemetery
- Great Bend Cemetery
- Tail Creek Cemetery
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the Tail Creek Cemetery
- Note: We haven't been able to verify our GPS coordinates for the Tail Creek Cemetery. Although the coordinates have been estimated, they should be in the vicinity.<3>
- Tail Creek Cemetery lies 10 miles [16.1 km]<1> to the northeast of Delburne.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Tail Creek Cemetery
- Holy Trinity Anglican Church Cemetery
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the Holy Trinity Anglican Church Cemetery
- Holy Trinity Anglican Church Cemetery lies 12 miles [19.3 km]<1> to the southwest of Delburne.
- Holy Trinity Anglican Church Cemetery has also been known as:
- Holy Trinity Cemetery
- Pine Lake Cemetery
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Holy Trinity Anglican Church Cemetery
- Find-A-Grave: FAG ID #2445412<2>
- Trenville Cemetery
- Alix Cemetery
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the Alix Cemetery
- The Alix Cemetery is a large cemetery that is located outside and to the northeast of Alix.More precisely, Alix Cemetery lies 14 miles [22.5 km]<1> to the north of Delburne.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Alix Cemetery
- Find-A-Grave: FAG ID #2298412<2>
- Elnora Cemetery
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the Elnora Cemetery
- The Elnora Cemetery is a large cemetery that is located less than 2 miles<1> to the northwest of Elnora.More precisely, Elnora Cemetery lies 15 miles [24.1 km] to the south of Delburne.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Elnora Cemetery
- Find-A-Grave: FAG ID #1968317<2>
- Lakeview Cemetery
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the Lakeview Cemetery
- Lakeview Cemetery lies 16 miles [25.7 km]<1> to the east of Delburne.
- Lakeview Cemetery has also been known as:
- Fenn Cemetery
- lake View Cemetery
- Lakeview / Fenn Cemetery
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Lakeview Cemetery
- Find-A-Grave: FAG ID #2641255<2>
- St. Hilda's Anglican Church Cemetery
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the St. Hilda's Anglican Church Cemetery
- St. Hilda's Anglican Church Cemetery lies 17 miles [27.4 km]<1> to the southwest of Delburne.
- St. Hilda's Anglican Church Cemetery has also been known as:
- Arthurvale Cemetery
- St. Hilda's Arthurvale Cemetery
- Jump to Google Maps centered on St. Hilda's Anglican Church Cemetery
- Find-A-Grave: FAG ID #2352586<2>
- Erskine Cemetery
- Tees Cemetery
- Continue List (38 more) ...
- Mirror Cemetery
- Alto Reste Cemetery
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the Alto Reste Cemetery
- The Alto Reste Cemetery is a large cemetery that is located outside and to the east of Red Deer.More precisely, Alto Reste Cemetery lies 20 miles [32.2 km]<1> to the west of Delburne.
- Alto Reste Cemetery has also been known as:
- Alto - Reste Memorial Gardens
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Alto Reste Cemetery
- Find-A-Grave: FAG ID #2131209<2>
- Liberal Cemetery
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the Liberal Cemetery
- Liberal Cemetery lies 21 miles [33.8 km]<1> to the northeast of Delburne.
- Liberal Cemetery has also been known as:
- Liberal Church Cemetery
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Liberal Cemetery
- Find-A-Grave: FAG ID #2432001<2>
We've also created an expanded list of communities that existed in the 1890's and were located in the area around Delburne. See our List of 1890's Communities around Delburne.
Other Roadside Stops ...
Recent Changes to RoadsideThoughts ...
Mentions & References for Delburne
Index of Cities, Towns and Villages for Alberta
Off-the-Road Links ...
The official website for Delburne: www.village.delburne.ab.ca/
The official website for Province of Alberta: https://www.alberta.ca/
|<1>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' distance. A straight line distance ignores things like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line from Point A (ie- Delburne) to Point B.If you need the driving distance (or directions), we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Delburne. Since we usually use Google Maps for our own planning, we've provided the following link for your convenience: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from DelburneOur distance measurements begin at a specific point in Delburne. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 52.1975, Longitude: -113.2358 |
|<2>||The Find-a-Grave website is an excellent research tool with information about a cemetery's location and interments. They also offer a forum for their members which can provide additional help. More information about Find-a-Grave can be found on their website: findagrave.com.|
|<3>||An 'estimated' location is one where we have been given GPS coordinates, but are unable to verify the accuracy of those coordinates. That said, we have some confidence that we have placed the marker near the actual location. A typical reason for being unable to verify a location is that it might be on private property or maybe historic and gone without an obvious trace.|