Communities Also Named Crowsnest ...
We have found one communities that share the name Crowsnest.
Within Alberta, the name Crowsnest is unique.
Beyond Alberta, there is another community also named Crowsnest in Canada.
- Communities Elsewhere In North America ...
Curious and Interesting Names Near Crowsnest ...
As we travel, we always see a community with a name that gives pause. While there are names which are interesting or familiar, some catch our attention or strike our fancy. We always wonder about such a name. If time permits and the community is not too far, we'll usually try to make a side-trip.
- Coal Creek (16 miles [25.7 km] to the southwest) - Historic
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Coal Creek
- Coal Creek was located 16 miles [25.7 km]<1> to the southwest of Crowsnest
- Note: We haven't been able to verify our GPS coordinates for Coal Creek. Although the coordinates have been estimated, they should be in the vicinity.<2>
- Crowsnest (less than 2 miles to the north)
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Crowsnest
- Crowsnest lies less than 2 miles<1> to the north of Crowsnest
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Crowsnest
- Crowsnest Pass (8 miles [12.9 km] to the east)
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Crowsnest Pass
- Crowsnest Pass lies 8 miles [12.9 km]<1> to the east of Crowsnest
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Crowsnest Pass came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<3>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Crowsnest Pass
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Crowsnest Pass<4>
- Elk Prairie (12 miles [19.3 km] to the northwest)
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Elk Prairie
- Elk Prairie lies 12 miles [19.3 km]<1> to the northwest of Crowsnest
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Elk Prairie
- Elkview (11 miles [17.7 km] to the northwest)
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Elkview
- Elkview lies 11 miles [17.7 km]<1> to the northwest of Crowsnest
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Elkview came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<3>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Elkview
- Frank (13 miles [20.9 km] to the east)
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Frank
- Frank lies 13 miles [20.9 km]<1> to the east of Crowsnest
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Frank came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<3>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Frank
- Line Creek (17 miles [27.4 km] to the northwest)
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Line Creek
- Line Creek lies 17 miles [27.4 km]<1> to the northwest of Crowsnest
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Line Creek came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<3>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Line Creek
- Natal (10 miles [16.1 km] to the northwest) - Historic
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Natal
- Natal was located 10 miles [16.1 km]<1> to the northwest of Crowsnest
- Note: We haven't been able to verify our GPS coordinates for Natal. Although the coordinates have been estimated, they should be in the vicinity.<2>
How Far From Crowsnest to ...
We spend a lot of time looking through Gazetteers, Almanacs & Directories that were published in the late 1800's and early 1900's. Many of the Gazetteers include the distance from a community such as Crowsnest to various places of note, such as Parliament Hill.
With a nod to our favorite Gazetteers, the straight-line distance beginning in Crowsnest and extending to:
- View Our List ...
- Edmonton, which is the Provincial Capital of Alberta, lies 275 miles [442.6 km]<1> to the north (N). If you could drive a straight line from Crowsnest to Edmonton, with an average speed<5>of 63 miles [101.4 km] per hour, it would take four to five hours to make the trip. A comfortable walk of 2.2 miles [3.5 km] per hour would take 16 days. A horse and buggy averaging 3.2 miles [5.1 km] per hour would take 11 days.
- The National Capital at Parliament Hill (Ottawa, ON) is 1,819 miles [2,927.4 km] to the east (E). Driving would take most of three days, a buggy would take 71 days and walking would take 104 days.
- The shortest distance<6> to Jerusalem (specifically the Temple Mount and the Dome of the Rock) is 6,512 miles [10,480 km] and it lies to the north northeast (NNE).<7>
- The distance to the Great Mosque of Mecca (specifically the Ka'bah - or Kaaba ) is 7,279 miles [11,714.4 km] and it lies to the north northeast (NNE).<8>
- The distance to Saint Peter's Basilica (The Vatican) is 5,346 miles [8,603.6 km] and it lies to the northeast (NE).<9>
Other Roadside Stops ...
Recent Changes to RoadsideThoughts ...
Mentions & References for Crowsnest
Cities, Towns and Villages of Alberta
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Crowsnest. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for Province of Alberta: https://www.alberta.ca/
|<1>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'point-to-point' distance. A straight line distance ignores obstructions like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line from Point A (ie- Crowsnest) to Point B.If you need the driving distance (or directions), we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Crowsnest. Since we usually use Google Maps, we've provided the following link: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from CrowsnestOur distance measurements begin at a specific point in Crowsnest. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 49.6308, Longitude: -114.6909 |
|<2>||An 'estimated' location is one where we have been given GPS coordinates, but are unable to verify the accuracy of those coordinates. That said, we have some confidence that we have placed the marker near the actual location. A typical reason for being unable to verify a location is that it might be on private property or maybe historic and gone without an obvious trace.|
|<3>||If we have found a location and have questions about the accuracy of our information, we will simply say that the marker is 'in the vicinity'. We are not confident about the location and the position of our marker is only a rough guide. If we have too many doubts about the location, we will not include it in our database.|
|<4>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|
|<5>||While we have tried to pick reasonable speeds, the rate of travel is very theoretical - obstacles like fences, hills, lakes, river crossings and rest stops have been ignored. When we say 'Days' of travel, we're assuming 8 hours of travel per day.|
|<6>||The shortest line can be visualized by stretching a string on a Globe from Point A to Point B - this is known as a Great Circle Route. Where you might expect the shortest route from Crowsnest to the Middle East to be East and South, the Great Circle Route actually lies to the North and East.|
|<7>||The calculated bearing (or angle) to Jerusalem is 334.71 degrees.|
|<8>||The calculated bearing (or angle) to Mecca is 335.45 degrees.|
|<9>||The calculated bearing (or angle) to the Vatican is 322.565 degrees.||