Our Genealogy Helper for Cosmo ...
We have a couple of goals for our Gazetteer:
- That it be a tool which helps us with planning our trips.
- We're trying to shape our Gazetteer as a tool to help us understand the community in which our ancestors lived, the community that was part of their daily lives.
- On our trips, we try to visit those places where our ancestors left their footprints.
By learning about Cosmo (and the surrounding area) during the time that our ancestors lived, we hope to have a better understanding of both their community and its relationship to their lifes. We hope that this tool helps to give us an insight into their world.
As we add data and organize our Gazetteer to help with our family research, we will be adding to this our Genealogical Helper for Cosmo. While we don't have information that is specific to any given person or family, we intend to expand our understanding about where and how people lived.
Websites to Help With Your Genealogy Research ...
When we do our genealogical research, we begin with the websites from Cyndi's List, FamilySearch and Genealogy Trails. These professional and volunteer websites offer the information directly or else point to where you can find it. Their information is open to everyone.
To help you get started, the following links will take you to the pages that are relevant to Cosmo:
- Websites specific to Alberta
- Cemetery Information and Directories for Alberta
- Of Special Interest ...
- The GenDisasters website specializes in newspaper articles about tragedies and disasters. While it makes interesting reading all by itself, it should be of special interest to genealogists and family historians looking for people who were either affected by or directly involved in such tragedies.
- Stories from Alberta
Cemeteries Near Cosmo ...
Below are cemeteries that are in the vicinity of Cosmo.
This is a new section and is likely to have errors. If you find an error, such as a missing cemetery or we have the wrong name, please let us know. If you know of them, we would also appreciate learning about previous or alternate names.
If you need information about a burial or interment, photos, transcripts, how to contact the cemetery or local authorities, please visit our selection of Genealogy Websites (see below).
If not found below, our Cemetery List for Cosmo covers a larger area, with the cemeteries listed in alphabetical order.
- South Park Cemetery
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the South Park Cemetery
- South Park Cemetery lies 7 miles [11.3 km]<1> to the southwest of Cosmo.
- South Park Cemetery has also been known as:
- South Point Cemetery
- Southpark Cemetery
- Jump to Google Maps centered on South Park Cemetery
- Find-A-Grave: FAG ID #2365546<2>
- Mosside Agnes United Church Cemetery
- Mayerthorpe Cemetery
- Belvedere Community Church / All Saints Cemetery
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the Belvedere Community Church / All Saints Cemetery
- The Belvedere Community Church / All Saints Cemetery is located 8 miles [12.9 km]<1> to the north of Barrhead.More accurately, Belvedere Community Church / All Saints Cemetery lies 16 miles [25.7 km] to the east of Cosmo.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Belvedere Community Church / All Saints Cemetery
- St. John Evangelist Cemetery
- Evansburg Cemetery
- Poynter Memorial Cemetery
- Darwell Cemetery
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the Darwell Cemetery
- Darwell Cemetery lies 20 miles [32.2 km]<1> to the southeast of Cosmo.
- Darwell Cemetery has also been known as:
- Darwell County Cemetery
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Darwell Cemetery
- Rich Valley Cemetery
- Our Lady of Lourdes Cemetery
- Barrhead Community Cemetery
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the Barrhead Community Cemetery
- Barrhead Community Cemetery lies 21 miles [33.8 km]<1> to the northeast of Cosmo.
- Barrhead Community Cemetery has also been known as:
- Anglican Cemetery
- Barrhead Municipal Cemetery
- East Lawn Cemetery
- Eastlawn United Church Cemetery
- St. Anne's RC Cemetery
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Barrhead Community Cemetery
- Find-A-Grave: FAG ID #2287812<2>
- Bloomsbury Pentecostal Cemetery
- Continue List (30 more) ...
- Christ Lutheran Church Cemetery
- Anselmo Cemetery
- Mellowdale Cemetery
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the Mellowdale Cemetery
- The Mellowdale Cemetery is located 6 miles [9.7 km]<1> to the south of Barrhead.To be more precise, Mellowdale Cemetery lies 25 miles [40.2 km] to the northeast of Cosmo.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Mellowdale Cemetery
We've also created an expanded list of communities that existed in the 1890's and were located in the area around Cosmo. See our List of 1890's Communities around Cosmo.
Other Roadside Stops ...
Recent Changes to RoadsideThoughts ...
Find a Community located in Alberta
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Cosmo. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for Province of Alberta: https://www.alberta.ca/
|<1>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' (or point-to-point) distance. A straight line distance ignores things like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line from Point A (ie- Cosmo) to Point B.If you need the driving distance, we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Cosmo. Since we usually use Google Maps, we've provided the following link: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from CosmoOur distance measurements begin at a specific point in Cosmo. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 53.9417, Longitude: -114.7951 |
|<2>||The Find-a-Grave website is an excellent research tool with information about a cemetery's location and interments. They also offer a forum for their members which can provide additional help. More information about Find-a-Grave can be found on their website: findagrave.com.|